• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Help] Are there any rituals or practices to help with anxiety and protection?

Someone's asking for help!

Sigma

Visitor
Reaction score
Awards
Hello everyone,
I was encoraged to ask here in regards to my specific issue. I have been having problems with anxiety and recurring negative thoughts, about possible consequences of some mistakes I made about a year ago that could still have negative consequences for me. Those kind of thing is logicly unlikely and has relatively low probability, but is non the less plosible, and been taking a mental toll on me. Therefore I'm looking for ritual or practice that would: 1. Keep those worries out of my mind and 2. Would help to make those worries not materialise as real, coming true in my life.
Also to annotate few things that you may ask - 1.I was previously treated for 2 years with antidepressants, which while intially helpfull made me feel quite apathetic, amongst other side effects and I have been not taking those in over a year. 2.I currently started taking Ashvaghanda supplement (which supposedly lowels cortisol) and I try to engage with meditation practices to help with callming myself down which helps somewhat. 3. There is no further physical action I can do that would minimise the risk of negative consequences. 4. I'm beginner within occult and spiritual practices, so be mindful that I may not be able to do too advanced work on my own.

Vandheer

Disciple
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
I was gonna say seek professional help for your anxiety but I see you have already done that. Honestly nowadays most of the time they just label you something, give you a pill, and there is that.

I will leave the judgements to more senior members on that.

For protection, try the master protection ritual. It does wonders for me.

I think it was in this book.

Amur

Acolyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Try to understand what the anxiety is an emotional signal of? Dig deeper into that OF and solve the thing inside your own mindframe. It should help with the anxiety. Anxiety is only a signal of something gone wrong so solve it inside your deeper mind and you are freed from it.

If anxiety is an emotion then I would start with the elementary invocation/banishment to really get to know your psyche. Got a .PDF for it here:
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Water element is that of emotions so might help to dig deeper through that pointer or symbolical link into what really is the problem with yourself.

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I was going to recommend the same book as @Vandheer - I'm doing the Sword Ritual described in it every day twice after getting up and before going to bed, it has become truly a favorite of mine. Great book.
Post automatically merged:

And as to prevent your worries from materialising: I think the best way to achieve that is to create a servitor and task it with it. That way, you will have the feeling that the matter is being continuously taken care of (it worked twice for me in the past), so here is once again a book by Damon Brand:

Last edited:

stratamaster78

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
I was going to recommend the same book as @Vandheer - I'm doing the Sword Ritual described in it every day twice after getting up and before going to bed, it has become truly a favorite of mine. Great book.
Post automatically merged:

And as to prevent your worries from materialising: I think the best way to achieve that is to create a servitor and task it with it. That way, you will have the feeling that the matter is being continuously taken care of (it worked twice for me in the past), so here is once again a book by Damon Brand:

That Sword Banishing ritual is a Good One.

I used it pretty regularly around 2015-2016.

It was a really good quick little ritual to blast away those ‘little nasties’ (as DMK likes to call them) from you SoS and Astral space.

The Master Protection ritual by Brand is good too but is more involved.

As for Anxiety my best recommendation would be the ‘Relaxation Ritual’ from Modern Magick by DMK which I believe is the the WF Library.

I would say pair some breathwork with that and void meditation.

I usually start with a Four Fold breath of 4-4-4-4 and then increase it to 6-6-6-6 and 8-8-8-8 for Breath in-breath hold- breath out-breath hold.

After say 5-10 mins I’m pretty dang calmed down and relaxed.

zerosum

Neophyte
Reaction score
Practicing mindfulness and meditating regularly helps me deal with anxiety really well. The way Jason Louvre described it in his interview with Duncan Trussell reall resonated with me. All meditation is is simply sitting with "the feeling", as in that feeling you try to get away from all damn day. Quit running from it, and just sit there and experience it. And slowly, gradually, you'll notice that it changes, that it shifts from one of anxiety and stress into something new, because the state of the universe is change, and nothing is constant, and by sitting with these uncomfortable feelings we can quit being so attached to them.

Also banishing regularly helps a ton.