• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

asia forum

Jackson

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Dunno what else I would need to say, but I request an asia specific forum. In the first place, I imagine that in some part, not all of it's religion need be taken as entirely seperate from occult result. While there are occult works, Buddhst methodologies themselves are occulticly potent with a heightened energy state. Something like Qigong itself produces occult vehicle. I would not consider it apt to post in the Religion forum pertaining to it. It is baffling that we should continue without the wisdom of the east.

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
Buddhst methodologies themselves are occulticly potent with a heightened energy state.
Try starting a discussion about Qigong in the "energy" forum. I'm not one to decide, but our gracious host may appreciate seeing activity in the requested areas of discussion before putting in the work of providing a separate space for them.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Dunno what else I would need to say, but I request an asia specific forum. In the first place, I imagine that in some part, not all of it's religion need be taken as entirely seperate from occult result. While there are occult works, Buddhst methodologies themselves are occulticly potent with a heightened energy state. Something like Qigong itself produces occult vehicle. I would not consider it apt to post in the Religion forum pertaining to it. It is baffling that we should continue without the wisdom of the east.
Look at the forum index. There are 11 areas there (if memory serves.) depending on the exact topic of your post, you could post your musings about, say, Qigong is any that seemed to have bearing or relevance. It's not lack of space or opportunity that's leading to the dearth of postings about Asian creeds and practices. It's your own reluctance. Think of this as an opportunity to expose others to your area of interest.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
It is baffling that we should continue without the wisdom of the east.
We already have:

I find it hard to believe that a thread on "Buddhst methodologies", Qigong, or "the wisdom of the east" would not fit in one of these categories.

As I have said before, I am not going to open a new section of the forum only for it to have 3 threads per year. It's not a good look. When, in the future, we have many more threads on specific topics, I will consider opening new sections for those topics. New sections follow community interest, engagement and content in that topic. Not the other way around.

I would not consider it apt to post in the Religion forum pertaining to it.
And why's that?

Try starting a discussion about Qigong in the "energy" forum. I'm not one to decide, but our gracious host may appreciate seeing activity in the requested areas of discussion before putting in the work of providing a separate space for them.
Look at the forum index. There are 11 areas there (if memory serves.) depending on the exact topic of your post, you could post your musings about, say, Qigong is any that seemed to have bearing or relevance. It's not lack of space or opportunity that's leading to the dearth of postings about Asian creeds and practices. It's your own reluctance. Think of this as an opportunity to expose others to your area of interest.

Facts.

Last edited:

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
T
We already have:

I find it hard to believe that a thread on "Buddhst methodologies", Qigong, or "the wisdom of the east" would not fit in one of these categories.

As I have said before, I am not going to open a new section of the forum only for it to have 3 threads per year. It's not a good look. When, in the future, we have many more threads on specific topics, I will consider opening new sections for those topics. New sections follow community interest, engagement and content in that topic. Not the other way around.

And why's that?

Facts.
The dude must be channeling Madame Blatvasky. Circa 1850 or so, yeah. The West was operating sans the "wisdom of the East." Now? You can't avoid it. Crack any Western occultist from Crowley to DuQuette. The chapters crawl with "karma," and chakras scatter like cockroaches when you turn on the pages the high beam of your 3rd eye.

Jackson

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
The dude must be channeling Madame Blatvasky. Circa 1850 or so, yeah. The West was operating sans the "wisdom of the East." Now? You can't avoid it. Crack any Western occultist from Crowley to DuQuette. The chapters crawl with "karma," and chakras scatter like cockroaches when you turn on the pages the high beam of your 3rd eye.
Admittedly I was thinking farther east than India, which is common enough, and I also meant here, in this forum.
This was also the case years ago.

It's common enough for works on the third eye to reference Chakras. It's less common for them to reference in the vein of Qigong, although one does.
Post automatically merged:

I did not suggest that is impossible to accommodate within the current structure. I merely suggested that it might be possible to develop or attract more presence for it with specific representation, unless can point me to an occult asia forum.

I don't care that it can be represented presently, only that it isn't. I can make some contribution some time, but I wouldn't expect it to go far.

Buddhism contains as reasonably potential occult system as any; why would they go in a religion forum?

Anyway, I'm not actually arguing. My desire is either for more discussion or to find it elsewhere. Unfortuanately, I would have to actually go to a teacher before I could actually discuss much pertaining to Qigong, although I could discuss a relevant book.

Last edited:

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Actually I'm not as dismissive as I may sound. I have been trying to track down something about a group Kenneth Grant references as "the cult of Ku (written with a circumflex accent I assume is his idea of a pinyin third tone---he does not give the actual 汉字, and given the vagaries of Wade Giles he might mean a character actually pronounced "gu,".) Allegedly the group is/was Chinese, but the only hard evidence he mentions is Osman Spare's reference to a meeting in 1920's London.

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
years ago i had a similar feeling with islam not being a part of this forum. i conquered my insecurities and made an entrance for myself. it now feels more islamic then ever to me. so maybe get over what is holding you back in doing it your way and just start out in the lounge with a testdrive for your joy and grow from there.

give me a Malaysian movie so i can dream sort of thing. only your version of course and your dreams and ways.

Jackson

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I have been trying to track down something about a group Kenneth Grant references as "the cult of Ku".
Yeah, obviously you aren't going to get far with one character.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Yeah, obviously you aren't going to get far with one character.
Actually, if I had the one character, it'd make the hunt lots easier. Chinese teems with homophones that are written differently. If I know the character, I can check likely translations of the name. Sadly, I have work and other stuff more pressing.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Keep it on topic. (Why we should have an asia forum).

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
An imaginative reading would see the digression here illustrating why Asian threads should be encouraged. I foresee a bright future for you in America's chokechain social media.

This is why we maybe do need an Asian forum: every post that does not stick to the letter of its label gets a pee-pee whacked with moderator's ruler. "Your post on Mongolian shamanism as LHP is off topic. The acronym LHP contains no reference to Mongolia."

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Buddhism contains as reasonably potential occult system as any; why would they go in a religion forum?
If I'm not mistaken Buddhism walks on a similar path as Taoism, both are a philosophy and a religion, it depends on how you deal with it.
Some pick the more philosophical, and maybe more occult, aspect while others go towards a more religious way with prayers and such being done.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
If I'm not mistaken Buddhism walks on a similar path as Taoism, both are a philosophy and a religion, it depends on how you deal with it.
Some pick the more philosophical, and maybe more occult, aspect while others go towards a more religious way with prayers and such being done.
Good point. It's hard to draw a clear line between religion and magic. Who draws what where often depends on polemical considerations. My dad's mother was raised Eastern Orthodox somewhere in the Tatras a good many years ago. Her brand of post-conversion Roman Catholicism was heavy on talismans, amulets, mudras, mantras or whatever the Christus crowd styles such implementa.