• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Bad Luck, Cursed, or Just Confirmation Bias?

Reaction score
First, I am so happy to have found this website again after being gone for so long. My computer had to be factory reset, and I could not for the life of me remember its name.

For context, I have had quite a bad rash of unfortunate circumstances within the last month. I hurt my foot and had to be out of work, constantly feeling down/foggy, and had my identity stolen earlier this week. These are the main things, though I also have had many minor issues.

My question is, how do you determine whether you are simply having a rough time, or if there are serious subconscious/metaphysical issues at hand?

I understand there is a broad range of thoughts on topics like this, so I would love to hear everyone's thoughts.

If this would be more appropriately asked in psychology, please let me know. :)

Vandheer

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
My question is, how do you determine whether you are simply having a rough time, or if there are serious subconscious/metaphysical issues at hand?
Divine it.

Nothing else comes to my mind I have to say. Maybe have a strong protection ritual that goes above and beyond just in case for rainy days like these? I finished the 33 day long Master Protection Ritual, and most of time things have been a smooth sailing for me.

Vandheer

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Great suggestion! I'll be sure to look into protection rituals. I think my main hesitation with divining is having preconceived notions that could sway results disproportionately.
Suppose you could make someone else read for you in that case, you wouldn't tell them anything about yourself and what you are currently going through so there wouldn't be a frontload.

But then the issue arises if the reader can be trusted at all 😂 yeah just easier to pick up a defensive ritual and go with.

Yazata

Staff member
Sentinel
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
A couple of months ago someone had the same question. Maybe these responses are helpful: