• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Book – PDF Barbara E. Hort - Unholy Hungers: Encountering the Psychic Vampire in Ourselves and Others (scan)

Share a PDF of a book.

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
61US25+5boL._SL1200_.jpg

ampires are not just imaginary creatures of fiction or legend—they really exist. They are the people who, having never received love, settle for power instead, and become experts at robbing others of their vital energy. We've all known them.

In her fascinating study of this dark psychological archetype, Barbara Hort looks to traditional myths as well as to their modern equivalents in literature, theater, and film, following a blood-soaked trail to such unexpected destinations as "The Silence of the Lambs", "Snow White," and the Broadway musical "Gypsy". She offers insight into how psychic vampires originate, how we allow ourselves to be caught in their clutches, and how we can protect ourselves from their seductive influence.

Buy:
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Book discussion here:

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I have a cleaner digital scan of this one that I found last week. Would it be okay for me to add it to this thread @HoldAll ?
Of course! There are two clean digital copies on annas-archive.org but they only contain about half the book so please check if your version is complete first.