• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Been reading magick books for 4 years and have had no results

Mage

Neophyte
Reaction score
Hi guys please help me figure out why magick has not worked for me.

I first was on BALG and tried stuff like opening a sigil and tried to do various spells for money, jobs, getting a gf and nothing worked. I never could open a sigil. But EA said the spirit will show up and you just have to tell them what you want. Well I had no results.

I had then done spells from books like demons of magick. This book I used zepar, sitri, bune, king paimon and others, for money, aura of sexyness, love and lust spells, money spells ect and had zero results from it.

I've also done money, love, lust spells from lucifer and the hidden demons and goetia pathworking. Again zero results.

I then tried new avatar power and mystic grimoire. I has done love spells on some girl and done some money spells. Again zero results.

I have also read a bunch of other books by gallery of magic and also read and tried out spells from a bunch of other authors.

I could go on about all the books I have read and spells I've tried but whatever I done I got zero results.

I was wondering if someone could guide me into figuring out why it isn't working and what I can do to make it work?

Yazata

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards

I first was on BALG and tried stuff like opening a sigil and tried to do various spells for money, jobs, getting a gf and nothing worked. I never could open a sigil. But EA said the spirit will show up and you just have to tell them what you want. Well I had no results.

I had then done spells from books like demons of magick. This book I used zepar, sitri, bune, king paimon and others, for money, aura of sexyness, love and lust spells, money spells ect and had zero results from it.

I've also done money, love, lust spells from lucifer and the hidden demons and goetia pathworking. Again zero results.

I then tried new avatar power and mystic grimoire. I has done love spells on some girl and done some money spells. Again zero results.

I have also read a bunch of other books by gallery of magic and also read and tried out spells from a bunch of other authors.

I could go on about all the books I have read and spells I've tried but whatever I done I got zero results.

I was wondering if someone could guide me into figuring out why it isn't working and what I can do to make it work?
A part of Magick is your behaviour / outlook after you have done the spell.
In other words: behave as if the Magick already worked, and (as Mider implied) work towards the results manifesting.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Have you "opened the doors" or put in the work to open yourself to new opportunities? Magick helps you help yourself. So you still need to help yourself. Reading a few books, and then sitting in a basement drawing sigils on paper alone will not help.

When I want more money or wealth, I don't try to do spells to spawn 100kg of gold coins in front of me. That's not going to work no matter how hard I focus, manifest, or meditate. Regardless of how powerful the spell is or how accurately I performed it.

I look for jobs that I am qualified for and have a decent chance of getting accepted to, tailor my CV to each job individually, apply to the jobs, then do the magick to aid me. To improve my odds. To accelerate the outcome.

You need to enable yourself to receive the benefits of magick.

Simply saying "you already tried everything and it just does not work" is not enough information for us to be able to help you. Go in to more detail on an individual working-by-working basis on what you did, how you set it up, what you did to prepare, how you set yourself up to be influenced by the magick... etc.

There are infinite variables as to why "i dun a spel frum book" did not work for you. Did you follow the paradigm and methodologies of the book? Did you do the meditation? Did you achieve trance? Did you cleanse and banish? Did you do the preliminary rites? What system of magick did you follow?

Give us more details and maybe we can help.

Yazata and Mider mentioned just one of many reasons some type of magick doesn't work... namely your intent with sigil magick. For example, when creating a sigil and using it to manifest a desired outcome, you must encode the sigil with the outcome you will experience if the magick is successful. Not the future you want right now. Instead of "I will be rich tomorrow" try "My salary is 30% higher" etc. Obviously this would require that you are actually competent at your job and at least somewhat worthy of that increment.

Also, many books follow a practice or methodology. Simply flipping to page 68 and reading a ritual and attempting to perform it will not work.

Give us more details.

Jarhyn

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Ok for example for getting a girl I would be on the popular dating apps, I would talk to girls at clubs.
Honestly, just treating people like they are just... people... is the easiest way to get a person in your life.

It takes a lot of discipline but you have to let yourself feel the loneliness and then get past it.

At some point there will be friendships that become more because you really didn't expect them to.

The biggest killer of true magic is expectation.

You need intent, to be the best person you can be, without expectations.

This is the most powerful love spell in the universe because it is the only one that does not corrupt the weave.

To apply ritual to free yourself from expectations.

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Ok for example for getting a girl I would be on the popular dating apps, I would talk to girls at clubs.
Sadly I’m no better at dating, when my spirits deliver me a girl...it’s a strong willed female. Sadly we are long distance and can’t yet meet due to covid.

you should pick a spell, let it try to manifest and see what happens...sometimes you might draw someone you don’t expect

if you want someone specific it can be very hard but not impossible...but if she’s not into you then it might not work...I paid a famous magician in the occult circles to draw me a girl I wanted, it was honestly one of my worst decisions.

Josi

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
Doing spells, rituals, tarot, sigils is more than just doing the prescribed steps. If that was true, anyone could do it. You must draw deep into yourself and connect to the part of you that is capable of doing great things. And like the others said, you must also set yourself on the path you want to go.

QueenJazz

Archivist
Archivist
Reaction score
Awards

First of all I would suggest experimenting with other systems of magick that doesn’t involve demons. There are many different systems of magick out there. From what you wrote it sounds like you’ve been only working with almost the same system.
second, and this is very important all the books you mentioned are not that “great” I personally have never had any results with them. Even though I been practicing magick for about 20 years and I have great success and sometimes I even get almost instant results from doing other types of magick. Just because a book has raving reviews doesn’t necessarily means it’s good. And remember not everything in magick works for everyone, just because a specific deity or a system works for someone doesn’t necessarily means it will work for you.
I would suggest you leave GOM books aside and the goetia demons as well and experiment with other systems or deities. Also try to make your own spells these will work best than any spell you find in a book. I have had the most success with spells I made myself not spells I copied from books.

Silsebyl

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Magic is not a machine, where you push the big red button and the world obeys. It's like learning to play a musical instrument. Some people learn really fast, others have to practice for a while, before their tootling resembles music. Even if you play your instrument technically quite well, the piece of music you play could sound flat and boring, cause you don't feel the music. Nobody will listen to your performance more than a few seconds and then walk away.

The question is: do you just want to snap your fingers and your girlfriend/money/whatever appears? Well, this might happen out of pure luck once in a while. ;) But magic won't help.

Or: Are you really interested in magic, do you want to learn more about it, explore, try things and so on? Do you feel drawn to it, do you have some kind of passion for it? Then try to find out, what kind of magic you like most, where you have this good feeling: that's it! Stick to it for a while, play around and explore. Don't jump from one kind of magic to the next. You can do that later, when you've got more experience. :)

Silsebyl

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
yeah, I know. I thought maybe there are other people like him who come around and read this thread. :LOL:

Bandaboy

Apprentice
Reaction score

You are the magic. Just as we have our own personalities when we deal with natural and artificial creatures, we also have a personality that deals with spiritual phenomena. When we want our spiritual personality to produce results, give information and so forth about our physical lives (and spiritual to some extent) that's magic! It's personality based, and what works for my magical personality might not sit well with yours. Some are singers, some rappers, some reggae artists... I hope you catch my drift.

Books and other forms of information are not 'rule of thumb' kind of things, they are just 'helps' along the way to help you know more about your magical personality and its expressions.

Thirdly, spirits are real, and they too have personalities. You are dealing with actual personalities in the same way you deal with human personalities. They like to be taken seriously, and our opinion about them matters to them. Many spirits hate the opinion that they are not real. They wants some respect too! Imagine you were an experienced mechanic and I came to fix my car and kept on saying, "Are you a real mechanic? I don't know, I wonder if you are. Can you really even fix my car? Are you really really a mechanic?"