• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] Beer?

Everyone's got one.

Xenophon

Magister
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Ok, few things are more mawkish than a mead-muddled mage belching through "Beowulf" 'midst ten tumbled tankards. (Sparing excessive alliteration.) Still it is summer, the earth an iron forge, the sky heated sheep-copper. With what beer to blast the heat? In my hops 'n barley days, I favored Goesser; tolerated Lone Star. Youse?

IllusiveOwl

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Ten times out of ten I'm drinking Modelo Especial, it's the tastiest ambrosia you'll fine in the liquor store.

Side note there's a very good honey & cinnamon wine called Odin's Skull.

Xenophon

Magister
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Ten times out of ten I'm drinking Modelo Especial, it's the tastiest ambrosia you'll fine in the liquor store.

Side note there's a very good honey & cinnamon wine called Odin's Skull.
Is Odin's Skull really sweet? I once (and only once) bought honey wine. Some forgettable brand. Sort of like sugary cough syrup. (This was back before szzzurp became a trendy thing.

IllusiveOwl

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Is Odin's Skull really sweet? I once (and only once) bought honey wine. Some forgettable brand. Sort of like sugary cough syrup. (This was back before szzzurp became a trendy thing.
It's got the tastyness of honey, mild cinnamon aftertaste, and leaves the warmth in your belly you'd get from whiskey. I drink it chilled. I've never had lean so I can't say if it's a similar experience, but it left me with most of my braincells in tact so I think it's slightly better

Amur

Disciple
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
I usually drink Ale Coq or Karhu. Both are cheap and good.