• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Beginner Friendly Rituals for Clarity in a Tough/Annoying Situation

Reaction score
Hello, I just stumbled across this sight an hour ago and i am finding a lot of knowledge here, i was wondering what would an occultist (or someone who has researched around enough to where they feel comfortable putting it into practice) do if they feel as if they are not too sure about a person's intentions and believe there is either an evil entity at play or they're just a jackass. it would help a hell of a lot, thanks.

Pyrokar

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
So first of all a lot of observation.
Second of all it would be difficult for you to take up what someone has mastered and just do it effectively.

Combining those two, a logical approach would be to do banishing which is a beginner rite and then observe the results

it won't happen in one day, though obviously it might- simply follow both the individual and their effect in your presence

are you drained afterwards? do they scare you? things like that, then progressively take note if after meeting them and doing the banish if there is difference

and finally then see how they react to you in all that.

There should not be anything dramatic, but if a "thing" really existed then adding the banish should make a difference, both to you and it
what i mean to say is, if there is something going on you will notice it - so remember to stay observant.

Suggest reading up on "Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram" LBRP for short.

ps if it fails it might not technically mean nothing is going on, simply try other versions of "banishing" if you remain suspicious

Yazata

Staff member
Sentinel
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Standard go-to reply coming up:
Make sure that you are protecting yourself. The LBRP is (to be performed daily and is) written to make you connect with your Higher Self. You invoke the Higher and thereby drive off the lower.
I don't know or wouldn't recommend anything that you do once and then go back to not being serious about Magick (I don't mean to imply that you aren't serious but "beginner friendly" makes it sound like it is a snap of the fingers and that's that)
Recently I've seen some Damon Brand ritual being recommended but I have no experience with that.

A divination might be useful to see if this person is having ill intentions, and might give you some clarity (or more doubts 😅 )

Edit: Pyro types faster than I do

Reaction score
yeah, when i say beginner friendly i kind of just mean someone who's new to actually doing rituals and whatnot, i do have a family history in magick and vodou which has been passed down but that's about it and yes magick is great but i'm not too sure ab vodou, so i've because i have been researching consistently for a while now, so when i start i'm alteast familiar with what i'm trying to do, as i do take it very seriously. i've done a handful of like visualization rituals that i made for protection and what not so thank you for the advice, i will definetly take this into consideration!!
Standard go-to reply coming up:
Make sure that you are protecting yourself. The LBRP is (to be performed daily and is) written to make you connect with your Higher Self. You invoke the Higher and thereby drive off the lower.
I don't know or wouldn't recommend anything that you do once and then go back to not being serious about Magick (I don't mean to imply that you aren't serious but "beginner friendly" makes it sound like it is a snap of the fingers and that's that)
Recently I've seen some Damon Brand ritual being recommended but I have no experience with that.

A divination might be useful to see if this person is having ill intentions, and might give you some clarity (or more doubts 😅 )

Edit: Pyro types faster than I do
Post automatically merged:

So first of all a lot of observation.
Second of all it would be difficult for you to take up what someone has mastered and just do it effectively.

Combining those two, a logical approach would be to do banishing which is a beginner rite and then observe the results

it won't happen in one day, though obviously it might- simply follow both the individual and their effect in your presence

are you drained afterwards? do they scare you? things like that, then progressively take note if after meeting them and doing the banish if there is difference

and finally then see how they react to you in all that.

There should not be anything dramatic, but if a "thing" really existed then adding the banish should make a difference, both to you and it
what i mean to say is, if there is something going on you will notice it - so remember to stay observant.

Suggest reading up on "Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram" LBRP for short.

ps if it fails it might not technically mean nothing is going on, simply try other versions of "banishing" if you remain suspicious
yeah this person has put my life in danger many times so i do more often than not feel drained and uneasy after i interact with them. i feel as if a weight's been lifted off my shoulders, but i feel extremely guilty since its someone i'm close to. this person is going through some things and i wont try to discredit that, but they just sound like a completely different person at times. they called my name the other day i swear it was someone else talking to me. i will look more into banishing and take a look at the LBPR forum. than you for your insight and advice!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Awards
All good suggestions above.

**My initial suggestion is almost always to stick to what you know/have worked with. You mentioned vodou.

***For a true beginner (or near beginner):

-Like said above observation is great place to begin, discernment comes with time. Followed by picking up a divination method (ime: playing cards/pendulum/bibliomancy are good starting points then tarot/geomancy when you have time to actually learn those systems).
-Banishing is almost always the first ritual mentioned (specifically lbr, I like the bornless but neither may be the right tool for a beginner who needs results today - but regardless start learning/practicing a banishing ritual - banishing is something you need to have down before you need it).
-But “lower” magick maybe a better immediate tool to start with. Amulets in the form of Sator squares, abracadabra, staves/bind runes, mojo bags, witch bottles, gkos planetary pentacles, chaos magic sigils, any consecrated symbol that is important to your belief system, etc…. ex: I like the prayer in the Grimorium Verum that’s written on parchment (including some of your own blood) that protects you from all danger.
-Personally these days I wear two rings each with an old school blessing of protection (with a slight curse included), continued work with the spirits I work with, and a occasional banishing.

-Eld

Altan

Neophyte
Reaction score
The ritual part can be helped by increased exercises emphasizing sacred space (usually a magic circle), the field around is that maintains integrity, the guardians of directions etc. The paradigm or occult mythos is what you are comfortable with, but the above are some points of emphasis that are more general.

The idea is to affirm your "space" and presence and first detect irregularities, second use divination (even as a beginner with a commercial Tarot manual or whatever medium you choose there) to figure out the details, and then divination or a ritual to get advice on the situation. Getting information through magic is easier than changing circumstances, so I usually start there to know where I stand.

Then integrity. That means psychic defense, but also being comfortable in your own mind. Internal conflicts then to derail the will. When you are fairly confident of what your intuitive explorations are revealing, you can craft action. Design your own ritual, being aware of what's involved and what you really want/need from it without going overboard.