• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] Belladonna?

Everyone's got one.

Xenophon

On Probation
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
First, I am not encouraging using the plant. There seem to be too many variables to permit safe use by even studious amateurs. (E.g., I am told toxicity can vary greatly depending on soil, exposure to light, age of plant.) That said, European witches did and do use it as an aid to certain states. There seem to be some unpleasant side effects even if one avoids a poison dose, however. Any first or second-hand info?

(I ask now because a number of neighbors grow the plant ornamentally. And in this part of the world it is used by a******* who poison animals.)

Yazata

Staff member
Sentinel
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I found this on archive.org
The book seems really useful for evil witchery to be honest (but it's not explicitly occult).
Reading about the life of the writer and the extremely detailed descriptions of symptoms make me think this book could give you some inspiration for your own writing even.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Rowena

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Any first or second-hand info?
Yep - for me it always caused partial paralysis, & strong hallucinations lasting 4-5 hours, followed by 3-4 days of headaches, confusion, muscle spasms, mild hallucinations & occasional vomiting, all accompanied by Alzheimer's disease-like memory-formation & recall issues, disorientation & mood swings.
Not recommended.