• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Book – PDF Benebell Wen - Clavicula Salomonis

Share a PDF of a book.

scintillating

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
Hi all

Thought I'd share this free resource in case people haven't come across it already. It's available from the excellent blog by Benebell Wen

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

She compiled this in the context of teaching a course and wanting it to be the course text, and notes:

"There’s a table of contents for your convenience. Basically, the text is Book I and Book II of Clavicula Salomonis, though in Book II, Mathers left out the “Astrological Images” chapter in his translation. I added it back in, including the original text, plus extra sections culled from Agrippa’s works, The Arbatel on the Seven Olympic Spirits, correspondences for the Seven Babylonian Rulers, the Seals of the Seven Archangels to Their Planets from The Heptameron (1567), planetary seals from the Petit Albert grimoire, Zodiac Seals from the Archidoxis magicae by Paracelsus (1541), and then info on the Twelve Talismanic Rings found in the Grimoire of Abognazar (Kings of King Solomon).

In this particular text, I wanted to focus on angels and planetary spirits. Nevertheless, it’s hard to cover Solomonic magic without getting into necromancy and demonology, so there are still a few cursory references to those branches of the Work. Initially when putting this book together, I did include an entire chapter pulled straight out of the Goetia, but I then decided to delete it and present this book, availed for free, without the straight-up-demonology chapters.

Then there are several appendices for your reference, including what’s pretty much the full text of The Arbatel (its 49 Aphorisms)."

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I checked the file and the site to check the title of the book for correctness, and that must be the only ever known instance where a WF poster got the title right and the author wrong ("Clavicula Salmonis"??). Anyway, thanks for sharing, looks like a valuable addition to our Library!
Post automatically merged:

Had to edit the title of your thread to add the author's name though.

Last edited: