• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Best quotation on Health and Fitness

Art Thurian

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Guys, what are your best quotations on Health and Fitness? Name at least two.

My best quotations are:
1. Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.
2. The harder the struggle, the more glorious the triumph.

Robert Ramsay

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence.
Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.
Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts.
Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent."
– Israel Regardie

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence.
Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.
Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts.
Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent."
– Israel Regardie
Regardie doesn't get the credit for that one! He was quoting someone else, probably Calvin Coolidge

(I checked Quote Investigator before replying and as always it's a bit more complicated than I thought

"In conclusion, a family of closely related passages evolved from a text written in 1881 by Theodore Thornton Munger. The initial passage was focused on the importance of “purpose”. By 1902 Edward H. Hart employed a variant in a speech that stressed the primacy of “persistence”. By 1929 Calvin Coolidge was being credited with an instance about “persistence” that closely matched the words of Hart."
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
)
Post automatically merged:

Honestly, the thing that motivates is not a famous quote but just a mantra I always need to remind myself of when I'm agonising about whether going to the gym or not

"You never regret going" and/or
"You're always glad you went, afterwards"

This is true. Even on the days when i hate it exactly as much as I predicted I would, I'm still glad I made that choice and never regret it. I just need to constantly remind myself this is true

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
"I wan't tomorrow's work done yesterday, guzzammit!"---Anyone Who Every Wore Three Chevrons.