• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Blissful States while Dreaming

IllusiveOwl

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
It has been a pretty regular occurrence over the last couple of months where when I am asleep, I feel a profound sense of understanding, peace, and power, as though everything is understood and within hand. This state sometimes follows me into the waking world when my sleep is disrupted and i quickly fall back asleep to return to it.

My theory is that regular psychic tension is released because of my daily meditation practice and it is accessed unconsciously while I sleep. I have experienced states of ecstacy before due to this psychic "letting go" in meditation, but it has an angelic tinge to it when I sleep, like it's some kind of divine experience (that tinge, the feelings of understanding, and the echoes of bliss are all I've ever been able to recall.)

Has anyone else experienced this phenomena? I have been Journaling my dreams for a while already and have enjoyed plenty of Jungian self analysis with them, are there any other techniques to retain details and facts?

Xenophon

Magister
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
It has been a pretty regular occurrence over the last couple of months where when I am asleep, I feel a profound sense of understanding, peace, and power, as though everything is understood and within hand. This state sometimes follows me into the waking world when my sleep is disrupted and i quickly fall back asleep to return to it.

My theory is that regular psychic tension is released because of my daily meditation practice and it is accessed unconsciously while I sleep. I have experienced states of ecstacy before due to this psychic "letting go" in meditation, but it has an angelic tinge to it when I sleep, like it's some kind of divine experience (that tinge, the feelings of understanding, and the echoes of bliss are all I've ever been able to recall.)

Has anyone else experienced this phenomena? I have been Journaling my dreams for a while already and have enjoyed plenty of Jungian self analysis with them, are there any other techniques to retain details and facts?
My experience is rather the opposite lately: dreaming, lucid dreaming, guided visualization all feature a lot of tedious conversation with mostly unimpressive figures, said talks going nowhere and eminently forgettable. (Yes, I know: just like my posts here.)