• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Bloodletting to empower spell?

HecatePriestess

Visitor
Reaction score
Greetings community!

I have practiced witchcraft from different modalities and cultures to varied degrees of success. However, I haven’t killed animals (goes against my beliefs) or employ blood in any capacity for a sacrifice, ritual or spell in the past. I want to perform a spell for myself and I’m considering bloodletting, dropping my own blood drops, on a paper where I’m writing the spell’s intention. Please, only leave your comment if you have personal experience performing bloodletting. I am not interested in personal opinions about if is it right or not. I’m interested to know if blood can power up a spell or result in a successful spell. Thank you for your time.

Pyrokar

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Yes it can. and it can backfire as well. thread over?

Btw, The structure is faulty however, you're just dripping on paper.
but good luck.

Romolo

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Welcome to the forum, HecatePriestess. From my experience, using one drop of blood has proven very successful to seal a pact (some may say “collaboration agreement”). When conducted properly, it is an incredibly powerful act. I would advice to build in several “check-in moments” (or pre-rituals) in the days leading up to the blood use. You will directly face the Emperor and various fears inherited over generations.

Xenophon

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Greetings community!

I have practiced witchcraft from different modalities and cultures to varied degrees of success. However, I haven’t killed animals (goes against my beliefs) or employ blood in any capacity for a sacrifice, ritual or spell in the past. I want to perform a spell for myself and I’m considering bloodletting, dropping my own blood drops, on a paper where I’m writing the spell’s intention. Please, only leave your comment if you have personal experience performing bloodletting. I am not interested in personal opinions about if is it right or not. I’m interested to know if blood can power up a spell or result in a successful spell. Thank you for your time.
As another thread on a similar topic notes, blood sets up a bond between bleeder and the entity bled-for. On a more mundane level, it is a small test of commitment. Many balk at giving up blood, especially if they have to do it themself (as opposed to a nurse with a needle.) Of those who do give blood, a good many might manage a needle, "But a knife?!?!" I'd say doing it with a knife demonstrates to both yourself and the entity involved your sincerity. As such, it's an energy boost. So, yes. Blood is a useful adjunct.

Romolo

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Of those who do give blood, a good many might manage a needle, "But a knife?!?!" I'd say doing it with a knife demonstrates to both yourself and the entity involved your sincerity.

No sane magician since Solomon would ever use a knife. The essence of the athame is that it never touches the skin. The act of giving blood with a knife is nothing more than a simulacrum, a cosplay of witchcraft. Surprised to read this (dangerous) advice from an erudite such as yourself.

Xenophon

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
I was taught to use a knife by better magi than me. I use a knife. I am still standing. So are they. Maybe it's a matter of one's tradition.

Pyrokar

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
It's not a matter of tradition.
i hate to admit it but Xenophon is right.

Shame but i don't have the eloquence to explain it
the answer is in the purpose and "philosophy" of the act.
it's trendy now so everyone is acting up
but if you think about it for a minute it should become obvious why.

also it does not have to be over the palm, those who do it more often go for the soft tissue of the thumb/index

it goes back to the old times of oaths and pacts.
you're giving your blood consider the magnitude of that.

"I swear, this is my oath and declaration....
now wait a few minutes while i carefully, safely, painlessly (like a pussy) demonstrate my resolve"
nah fam, you're not committed. It's one smooth move with intent and purpose.

"hurr durr but it works for meee"
great. that doesn't make the old ways wrong, might be a million reasons why something works or not on an individual level.

Xenophon

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
I was taught to use a knife by better magi than me. I use a knife. I am still standing. So are they. Maybe it's a matter of one's tradition.

It's not a matter of tradition.
i hate to admit it but Xenophon is right.

Shame but i don't have the eloquence to explain it
the answer is in the purpose and "philosophy" of the act.
it's trendy now so everyone is acting up
but if you think about it for a minute it should become obvious why.

also it does not have to be over the palm, those who do it more often go for the soft tissue of the thumb/index

it goes back to the old times of oaths and pacts.
you're giving your blood consider the magnitude of that.

"I swear, this is my oath and declaration....
now wait a few minutes while i carefully, safely, painlessly (like a pussy) demonstrate my resolve"
nah fam, you're not committed. It's one smooth move with intent and purpose.

"hurr durr but it works for meee"
great. that doesn't make the old ways wrong, might be a million reasons why something works or not on an individual level.
Most Nordic pagans specify that one use a knife. One (non-Voelkisch) group specifies that one pierce his chest's skin with a knife he made himself.

Another group, non-Nordic, specifies that one use blood drawn by the knife he carries on his person at all times.

Contrary to Romolo, Solomon and his spawn are not the begin and end-all of magick.

Rowena

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
No sane magician since Solomon would ever use a knife...
A knife is a tool designed to cut things.
If you blunt it - physically, spiritually, or otherwise - you render it ineffectual as a tool, magical or otherwise.

The essence of the athame is that it never touches the skin...
Nope.
The 'Athame' was introduced to modern witchcraft by Gerald Gardner, who wrote rituals where it does touch skin.
The 'essence' of the athame is that it is a tool of division - that's why it is used in circle-casting where you are dividing the world into the inside & outside of the circle.

Xenophon

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
A knife is a tool designed to cut things.
If you blunt it - physically, spiritually, or otherwise - you render it ineffectual as a tool, magical or otherwise.

Nope.
The 'Athame' was introduced to modern witchcraft by Gerald Gardner, who wrote rituals where it does touch skin.
The 'essence' of the athame is that it is a tool of division - that's why it is used in circle-casting where you are dividing the world into the inside & outside of the circle.
Good point (no pun intended.) Gardner doubtless had his reasons for what he taught. Others of no small accomplishments operate off of different reasons. Some folks follow those others.

Romolo

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I‘m against the normalization of knives for blood use, especially in advices towards novices, that’s all. I prefer a more innocent tool, like the thorn of the rose. Anyway, the value that of a forum is to have multiple approaches and attitudes, so we all learn from each other.

Pyrokar

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Yeah, but at the same time the forum is inherently anti gatekeep.
the kids want blood and that is that,
i've advised additional care x amount of times and the sad truth is "do what thou wilt"
im sure we all remember the deer teeth incident. yet i've had plenty worse - arguing for same side as you.
they all know already they aren't supposed to be fking around in order to find out.

at the very least we can be accurate about how it's supposed to be done, that's why we're here not to throw trash until it sticks.

it can't be a normalization if it was there from the start.
And lastly all these q&a's read the same and no one ever walks away with a straight up answer it's an endless loop
let the dummies run around with scissors it's their right.

In relation to the topic, there was even a little cult spawned in USA ( ofc )
which i seem to remember having a youtube documentary on
in it. the idiots were signing blood contracts, wishing for ...something about heaven on earth ( same ole gehena shit to me)
and then proceeded to post the "ritual" online.
They were idiots because, and i do hope one of you clowns reads this, they weren't even doing it right.

can't be bothered to look for source so i invoke ninja cred. It's out there idk what was their name
Post automatically merged:

also they're more likely to catch some plague with a thorn rose
than a clean blade.

just saying.

Xenophon

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
I‘m against the normalization of knives for blood use, especially in advices towards novices, that’s all. I prefer a more innocent tool, like the thorn of the rose. Anyway, the value that of a forum is to have multiple approaches and attitudes, so we all learn from each other.
Good post mostly. But how is a thorn more "innocent"? The pacific are said to prefer pen to sword, but in a pinch someone could murder me with a good Parker pen. By the same token, he could bludgeon me with an olive branch or strangle me with a grape vine. We are not slaves to our tools.

Romolo

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Blood offering with a rose thorn opposes the “accidentally” pricked finger from fairy tales. It infuses the drop with intent. I would only use a consecrated flower stem from the rose bush in my own garden (never commercial flowers). Falling red rose petals amplify the blood shed (especially when viewed through half-closed our teary eyes).

From my experience, cutting a pomegranate with my athame/knife and letting the juice drip all the way down to my elbows is a powerful substitute, especially when done in open air above the soil. At dusk or at night, the drops become dark like blood.

The necromantic pomegranate relates to Persephone, the rose more to Ishtar/Babalon/Mary, although also the rose has her necromantic component (in the alchemical image of roses growing out of a skull— rose petals as “the blood of the dead”). I would choose my method according to the ritual.

Xenophon

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Blood offering with a rose thorn opposes the “accidentally” pricked finger from fairy tales. It infuses the drop with intent. I would only use a consecrated flower stem from the rose bush in my own garden (never commercial flowers). Falling red rose petals amplify the blood shed (especially when viewed through half-closed our teary eyes).

From my experience, cutting a pomegranate with my athame/knife and letting the juice drip all the way down to my elbows is a powerful substitute, especially when done in open air above the soil. At dusk or at night, the drops become dark like blood.

The necromantic pomegranate relates to Persephone, the rose more to Ishtar/Babalon/Mary, although also the rose has her necromantic component (in the alchemical image of roses growing out of a skull— rose petals as “the blood of the dead”). I would choose my method according to the ritual.
I was a bit hard on your position in some earlier posts. But this gives a first rate reason and rationale for your way of doing things. Kudos.

Pyrokar

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
oooooh.
you know by that point you could also simply grow "blood roses"
like if you were to seed it plant it and grow it ritualistically so the end result is like an ingredient of it's own
using petals as offerings instead of blood? the roses themselves could be thought of as "charged" and used for other things as well?
Post automatically merged:

yo, that's good....

Accipeveldare

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Greetings community!

Blood is by far one of the most powerful occult recourses you can possibly use. However, I only recommend using your own blood as it is more sanitary that way and make sure if you are working with a deity or entity of some sort that it is really that being and not a malicious force trying to take advantage of you instead