• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Book Recommendation Books similar to the books of Charles F Haanel and Franz Bardon?

Seeking or giving recommendations for books.

dababy10

Neophyte
Reaction score
Interested in books like the ones they've written, like master key system, initation into hermetics, etc... I'm not that into grimoires or spells.

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
The two authors do not really compare, do they? Haanel's "Master Key" is general New Thought self-improvement while Bardon's "Initiation into Hermetics" is an extremely demanding program of specifically occult training that will keep you busy and sweating for years but allegedly ultimately confers supernatural powers.

If it's strictly occult works featuring step-by-step groundwork you're interested in, the Gallery of Magick books are definitely not to be recommended because they lure their readers into jumping right in without a even a minute's worth of meditation. Any other serious book on magic will demand you strengthen your focus and ability to visualize (at a minimum) first, and I'd especially recommend these (all in the Library):

Peter J. Carroll - Liber Null & Psychonaut (only three pages of Liber MMM but they might keep you occupied for two years or so - if you practice at least once daily, that is)
Aidan Wachter - Six Ways
Don Webb - How to Become a Modern Magus
Jason Augustus Newcombe - 21st Century Mage
Jason Miller - Real Sorcery

I'm sure there's more, so a good idea would be to search the Book Shares section for books with "Beginners" in the title but you can always start off with the usually recommended "LBRP + meditation" routine (which is what I'm currently doing myself), you don't really need any specialized books on magic for that.

I don't know much about New Thought though but Neville Goddard gets frequently mentioned as a guru still popular today, so you might want to look him up.

Last edited:

Morell

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Interested in books like the ones they've written, like master key system, initation into hermetics, etc... I'm not that into grimoires or spells.
Basing on Bardon's book as reference, I think that Kuji In books will interest you, as it is more initiatory system rather than grimoire or ways to do more of a magic.

Reaction score
Jason Augustus Newcombe - 21st Century Mage
Jason Miller - Real Sorcery

New Hermetics and Real Sorcery are my fave. They truly developped Franz Bardon's seeds to make it even more clear and easy to get for today's magicians.

I would also advice Jason Miller's programm called "Stategic Sorcery". It's a bit more expensive but it's worth each dollar spent in it.