• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Choosing an angel to get in contact with?

soupremetuna

Neophyte
Joined
Aug 7, 2026
Messages
6
Reaction score
3
I did a card pull after i saw a video that said "pull a card from major arcana to show you what kind of spell you should do" and I got The Fool. Video description said it was a "wild card" and could mean any spell, after that i decided to chose a path from which i could do a spell from. I attributed major arcana cards "magical pathways" intuitively (for example Death = Spirit work, Devil = Left Hand Path, Empress = Wicca/Druidry). I got The Sun as my card and decided it meant the Right Hand Path and angel work specifically. What can i do to choose an angel to work with? Is there a specific one i should try to contact as an absolute beginner and are there any tips you can give me?
 

Wintruz

Acolyte
Warned
Joined
Nov 4, 2023
Messages
479
Reaction score
2,004
Awards
16
I did a card pull after i saw a video that said "pull a card from major arcana to show you what kind of spell you should do" and I got The Fool. Video description said it was a "wild card" and could mean any spell, after that i decided to chose a path from which i could do a spell from. I attributed major arcana cards "magical pathways" intuitively (for example Death = Spirit work, Devil = Left Hand Path, Empress = Wicca/Druidry). I got The Sun as my card and decided it meant the Right Hand Path and angel work specifically. What can i do to choose an angel to work with? Is there a specific one i should try to contact as an absolute beginner and are there any tips you can give me?
The symbolism and "decision" (likely your own Essence communicating with you rather than something you've just decided, even if it felt that way) is perfect for Abramelin.

I am concerned though that people are choosing what paths to give themselves over to just on the basis of a one-card tarot pull...
 

soupremetuna

Neophyte
Joined
Aug 7, 2026
Messages
6
Reaction score
3
You could do worse than starting with Raziel who is both easy to work with and a great liaison to other angels.
Thank you for this information I'll look them up.
I am concerned though that people are choosing what paths to give themselves over to just on the basis of a one-card tarot pull...
Well what can I say, I'm quite indecisive and there are many magical path. This seemed like the best way to decide but it probably is not 😅
 

Freestarwins

Neophyte
Joined
Dec 12, 2025
Messages
43
Reaction score
31
You can maybe look at name of angels , and do readings on names that interest you and see witch ones match the cards you pulled before
 

Lurker

Acolyte
Joined
Jul 7, 2024
Messages
298
Reaction score
467
Awards
5
What is your goal? Do you want to conjure an angel, or just petition one for a result?

Also, are you going to continue on the RHP, or will that be just for this one time?
 

soupremetuna

Neophyte
Joined
Aug 7, 2026
Messages
6
Reaction score
3
What is your goal? Do you want to conjure an angel, or just petition one for a result?

Also, are you going to continue on the RHP, or will that be just for this one time?
To be honest i just wanted to start somewhere but didn't know where. My goal is to experience some kind of magic and break that mental barrier of "it is not real" thoughts. I might ask for a path suitable for me to follow for a while. So to put it shortly: i want to start somewhere and after some experience i ,probably, will diverge in paths.
You can maybe look at name of angels , and do readings on names that interest you and see witch ones match the cards you pulled before
I did actually do a card pull even more absurd to figure that out: divided my tarot deck to minor and major arcana, decided minor arcana will correspond to numbers 1-56, added 16 major arcana to correspond to numbers 57-72, and decided whichever "number card" i'll pick would be the angel of that number in ShemHaMephorash. That gave me 2 angels to contact (one kinda intuitive i kept seeing strength card even tough i didn't pull it, other was 6 of pentacles - 48th angel) After all that complicated planing i remembered this site and decided to ask for advice lol.
 

Freestarwins

Neophyte
Joined
Dec 12, 2025
Messages
43
Reaction score
31
To be honest i just wanted to start somewhere but didn't know where. My goal is to experience some kind of magic and break that mental barrier of "it is not real" thoughts. I might ask for a path suitable for me to follow for a while. So to put it shortly: i want to start somewhere and after some experience i ,probably, will diverge in paths.

I did actually do a card pull even more absurd to figure that out: divided my tarot deck to minor and major arcana, decided minor arcana will correspond to numbers 1-56, added 16 major arcana to correspond to numbers 57-72, and decided whichever "number card" i'll pick would be the angel of that number in ShemHaMephorash. That gave me 2 angels to contact (one kinda intuitive i kept seeing strength card even tough i didn't pull it, other was 6 of pentacles - 48th angel) After all that complicated planing i remembered this site and decided to ask for advice lol.
Do you really feel neutral about all of them? Surely you will feel drawned to someone specific.
 

jzatopa

Apprentice
Warned
Probation
Joined
Mar 17, 2026
Messages
60
Reaction score
45
I would suggest you do something such as making Bobinsana tea, praying over it while you decoct it, drinking it and then working to connect with whichever angel you wish to connect with.

The heart opening and healing is vital for many aspects of your angelic life.
 

Freestarwins

Neophyte
Joined
Dec 12, 2025
Messages
43
Reaction score
31
You really don't know how indecisive i can be unfortunately lol.
If any of them have solar associations you can choose a solar one because of the sun card. Or you can choose one associated with decision making.
I do feel that once u start thinking about picking sometimes a spirit will come to u in some way. U might feel pulled by a name. Not necessarily logically, I mean more like a similar feeling loke to clicking with a human being . N then u build relationship. Like for me I dont work with a spirit just because it logically makes sense I gotta feel like we click too. Everyone Is different ofc but just a perspective
 

Firetree

Disciple
Joined
Jan 13, 2026
Messages
787
Reaction score
1,013
Awards
6
I did a card pull after i saw a video that said "pull a card from major arcana to show you what kind of spell you should do" and I got The Fool. Video description said it was a "wild card" and could mean any spell, after that i decided to chose a path from which i could do a spell from. I attributed major arcana cards "magical pathways" intuitively (for example Death = Spirit work, Devil = Left Hand Path, Empress = Wicca/Druidry). I got The Sun as my card and decided it meant the Right Hand Path and angel work specifically. What can i do to choose an angel to work with? Is there a specific one i should try to contact as an absolute beginner and are there any tips you can give me?

YES! Your angel !

if you work with your 'guardian angel' ( for want of a better uncomplex term ) the whole process works a LOT better !
 

Aeternus

Disciple
Joined
Mar 21, 2024
Messages
759
Reaction score
1,598
Awards
13
I did a card pull after i saw a video that said "pull a card from major arcana to show you what kind of spell you should do" and I got The Fool. Video description said it was a "wild card" and could mean any spell, after that i decided to chose a path from which i could do a spell from. I attributed major arcana cards "magical pathways" intuitively (for example Death = Spirit work, Devil = Left Hand Path, Empress = Wicca/Druidry). I got The Sun as my card and decided it meant the Right Hand Path and angel work specifically. What can i do to choose an angel to work with? Is there a specific one i should try to contact as an absolute beginner and are there any tips you can give me?

Depends on what you want to achieve by working with the Angels. You want to achieve healing, evolving spiritually and intellectually, help others and so on and so forth? What is it that you want to achieve by working with the Angels?

For the best beginner friendly method of getting in contact with who your HGA / Holy Guardian Angel is, is to know your birth month and Zodiac Degree and further consult the Shem HaMephorash system and find the necessary information online.
 

Hakon

Neophyte
Joined
May 10, 2025
Messages
45
Reaction score
67
I did a card pull after i saw a video that said "pull a card from major arcana to show you what kind of spell you should do" and I got The Fool. Video description said it was a "wild card" and could mean any spell, after that i decided to chose a path from which i could do a spell from. I attributed major arcana cards "magical pathways" intuitively (for example Death = Spirit work, Devil = Left Hand Path, Empress = Wicca/Druidry). I got The Sun as my card and decided it meant the Right Hand Path and angel work specifically. What can i do to choose an angel to work with? Is there a specific one i should try to contact as an absolute beginner and are there any tips you can give me?
I wouldn’t choose an angel solely through improvised Tarot correspondences. First choose a tradition and study how it understands angels, since their names and roles vary between systems.

Because you drew The Sun, Michael would be a natural choice in many Western ceremonial traditions. For a beginner, start simply: learn about him from reliable sources, pray respectfully, light a candle if it is safe, and ask for guidance and protection. Keep a journal of your experiences, but don’t treat every coincidence or thought as a supernatural message.

There is no need to rush into invocations or “spellwork.” Building knowledge, discernment, and a consistent devotional practice is a much better beginning.
 
Top