• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Book Discussion "Classical and Quantum Chaos by Predrag Cvitanovic, Roberto Artuso, Per Dahlqvist, and others

Talk about a book(s)

Khoren_

Practical Philosopher
Reaction score
Awards
This is a science book, not an occult one but I'll let it stand because there still may be chaotes around who think they can 'prove' their magic works by referring to popular science (and inevitably getting it wrong) and who will get a wholesome shock when confronted with the sober real thing. Just don't post any serious books on quantum theory, some forum members might cry. ;)

I'm making a proper thread for this because I want to actually discuss why I posted this. I have a pretty decent background in mathematics and physics and understand a decent bit of quantum mechanics.

While yes, I do think a lot of Chaos Magicians and even New Agers get a lot of the maths wrong, I do think that this book is a key point to understanding my own system of belief. Not to mention how I do sincerely believe that maths in general should be a key point for any system of magic - a la Pythagoras.

I am actually currently reading this text as part of my own personal learning - I have actually studied a majority of the maths that lead up to this system - and thus believe it to be a valid stepping stone for my own system.
Post automatically merged:

For the chaotes out there, if you really don't want to read 700 pages of graduate level maths:

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Last edited: