• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Help] Connecting with HGA/Higher Self/Deities

Someone's asking for help!

blepte

Neophyte
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I’ve been practicing my LIRP and LBRP daily with the KC before and after like how it’s traditionally done. I’ve recently been meditating with the intention of receiving communication from HGA/any sort of deity interested in working with me. My questions are thus:

1. To those of you who have successfully made contact, what did it feel/look like or in other words what signs should I look for?

2. Are there any ways in which I can increase the success of this process?

Keep in mind I am very much a beginner. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Yazata

Staff member
Sentinel
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Signs can and will come in different ways. The trouble with this thinking (which is normal) is that if someone tells you you will smell a scent when your angel is near (or whatever), you will focus on that and (un)consciously block out or ignore other messages because you believe it has to happen for you in the same way as it did for Joey Magik.

A good and traditional way to establish a contact with / learn to understand your Angel, is a daily contemplation with the Tarot.

Aeternus

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Signs can and will come in different ways. The trouble with this thinking (which is normal) is that if someone tells you you will smell a scent when your angel is near (or whatever), you will focus on that and (un)consciously block out or ignore other messages because you believe it has to happen for you in the same way as it did for Joey Magik.

A good and traditional way to establish a contact with / learn to understand your Angel, is a daily contemplation with the Tarot.
Especially Golden Dawn Tarot. It's the best in my opinion.

Aeternus

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
No no. The Tarot of the Golden Serpent is the one true Wizards use.
True indeed.

I think that specific angel tarot is needed for OP.

I would add that OP should search for the "Angel Tarot" deck by Travis McHenry or F.Curella Tarot Deck that has both Ancestral and Angelic Tarot cards.

Links for both books on Amazon:

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Meditating while waiting for messages from any entity at all that may be interested in you could be called a spiritualist approach, like "Is there anybody there from Beyond the Veil?", not a magical one where you conjure and address a specific being. Josephine McCarthy has this to say in a
:

All that is happening is the ritual actions create a pattern that triggers a request. But if the receiver, the magician, is not ready for such contact it will not happen. What can happen at best is that the pattern created via the ritual actions creates an open door for contact and any other being that feels like it will step in and chat away happily with you. The magician needs ‘ears to hear and eyes to see’ and getting to that magical state can be a long drawn out process, or it can happen in childhood. It is not a connection that can be forced by ritual action.

Granted, she is a bit paranoid about the danger of contracting parasites but you probaby understand what she means. Proper focus is required, and when your mindset is (and I'm exaggerating here) "I'm desperate for anything to come through, anything!", you might end up talking to yourself without even noticing.

Another aspect Josephine McCarthy is stressing in this article is receptivity which is in stark contrast to the traditional Medieval and Rennaissance approach where you basically force an entity to appear. The (ok, also Medieval) Abramelin method, however, is more in line with McCarthy's philosophy - those endless confessions, prayers, purifications, etc. are just other, more traditional methods of increasing receptivity.

My own approach and my understanding of the HGA is very much informed by Damon Brand's "Magical Destiny" which adds another twist to the receptivity consideration: friendship and trust. The book is about getting acquainted with one's HGA instead of forcing a supernatural apparition from out of thin air - which is how many people understand the process. I strongly urge you to ditch your meditation approach and try Protocol One (p. 56) instead. In this Protocol, your intention is unequivocally directed at your Angel and what's more, you might discover within yourself unknown obstacles that impair your receptivity - not feeling worthy enough, fear, shame, guilt, what have you. It may sound easy but it's a lot harder to speak to your Angel from the heart than repeating rituals and prescribed prayers by rote over and over again.

Addendum: There a three books with personal experiences with the traditional Abramalin procedure in the Library, just search for "Abramelin" in the title.

blepte

Neophyte
Reaction score
Meditating while waiting for messages from any entity at all that may be interested in you could be called a spiritualist approach, like "Is there anybody there from Beyond the Veil?", not a magical one where you conjure and address a specific being. Josephine McCarthy has this to say in a
:

All that is happening is the ritual actions create a pattern that triggers a request. But if the receiver, the magician, is not ready for such contact it will not happen. What can happen at best is that the pattern created via the ritual actions creates an open door for contact and any other being that feels like it will step in and chat away happily with you. The magician needs ‘ears to hear and eyes to see’ and getting to that magical state can be a long drawn out process, or it can happen in childhood. It is not a connection that can be forced by ritual action.

Granted, she is a bit paranoid about the danger of contracting parasites but you probaby understand what she means. Proper focus is required, and when your mindset is (and I'm exaggerating here) "I'm desperate for anything to come through, anything!", you might end up talking to yourself without even noticing.

Another aspect Josephine McCarthy is stressing in this article is receptivity which is in stark contrast to the traditional Medieval and Rennaissance approach where you basically force an entity to appear. The (ok, also Medieval) Abramelin method, however, is more in line with McCarthy's philosophy - those endless confessions, prayers, purifications, etc. are just other, more traditional methods of increasing receptivity.

My own approach and my understanding of the HGA is very much informed by Damon Brand's "Magical Destiny" which adds another twist to the receptivity consideration: friendship and trust. The book is about getting acquainted with one's HGA instead of forcing a supernatural apparition from out of thin air - which is how many people understand the process. I strongly urge you to ditch your meditation approach and try Protocol One (p. 56) instead. In this Protocol, your intention is unequivocally directed at your Angel and what's more, you might discover within yourself unknown obstacles that impair your receptivity - not feeling worthy enough, fear, shame, guilt, what have you. It may sound easy but it's a lot harder to speak to your Angel from the heart than repeating rituals and prescribed prayers by rote over and over again.

Addendum: There a three books with personal experiences with the traditional Abramalin procedure in the Library, just search for "Abramelin" in the title.
I very much appreciate your insight here, I will pursue this method.
Post automatically merged:

I’ve never tried any sort of divination before. It seems this is an important fundamental skill to have. Thank you for the insight.

Ziran

Acolyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
To those of you who have successfully made contact, what did it feel/look like or in other words what signs should I look for?

weathering a storm

2. Are there any ways in which I can increase the success of this process?

cultivate an open mind: open, open, open. "Chalice."

Screenshot-from-2024-07-17-09-02-10.png