• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] Coolest, Bestest, Most Thought-Provoking Signature Line in the Forum

Everyone's got one.

Xenophon

Magister
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
My vote goes to Robert Ramsay's current, "The minute people discover that the universe is malleable by thought, they instantly start assuming the world is some sort of simulation or illusion."

It combines flash of recognition ("Hey! I know guys who do that!"), plus food for rumination.

Robert Ramsay

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I'm very keen on Holdall's "No one can fool you like yourself." which IIRC is a paraphrasing of Wittgenstein: "The hardest task we face is not fooling ourselves."

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I'm very keen on Holdall's "No one can fool you like yourself." which IIRC is a paraphrasing of Wittgenstein: "The hardest task we face is not fooling ourselves."
Dang, and here's me thinking I came up with that line myself... which proves my point. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Xenophon

Magister
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Dang, and here's me thinking I came up with that line myself... which proves my point. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
It's like the Newton-Leibniz calculus contretemps. Whoever shouts "Plagiarist!" first and longest wins.

In any case, this goes back to my corollary to the Ramsay Theorem. Reality is so malleable, that you retroactively influenced Wittgenstein.

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
@Yazata gets my vote: "The Heart girt with a Serpent is my Name", the coolest line in one of the coolest occult rites!

Yazata

Staff member
Sentinel
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
This thread and the "Jesus is a Serpent" thread are the only reason I even made a signature after three years 😅

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool" (Richard P. Feynman).

Drat!!!