• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Correspondences

IllusiveOwl

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I found these lovely lists in The Alester Crowley Manual. Regardless of how you feel about the individual, these are emaborate, I have them printed out to keep them on hand.

What do you all think? Accurate? Useless?

9527576ad63862aa461b5d602662f901b32b3f21.pnj

b80bb6f1efa64eda38d7da8119ae96d8c49fb9b2.pnj

55c4990bd83ad2616f1f0047ee8a7894365bbfd5.pnj

7f48e2cfb6630333f2f6431737a761ff6fd133ad.pnj

5ee6d89be7c492ec53c78dca3f6b03ef9e1ee853.pnj

e6bb02556449f740427d01a3c03e16bf9ee01b90.pnj

05d8b272b26b7a1b7702b784ba04b581cf38468a.pnj

e25879a495e954e63639c59560fa1f85de2a4327.pnj

Yazata

Staff member
Sentinel
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
That's from 777 / Sepher Sephiroth :) Nice book and probably in the Library.

Ziran

Acolyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
@IllusiveOwl , Wow. That's a big list. There's a lot to discuss here.

So, the first thing, I suppose, is a foundational concept. I'll post it briefly. Perhaps you already have heard this, perhaps it makes perfect sense with zero explanation. If not, I can elaborate.

Immaterial / Spiritual is active, not passive. These, all of them, as they exist beyond the material realm are VERBS. Not nouns. So, if I am looking at the top of the list, Ain? That's not nothing. It's "negating", the verb. If I'm looking at ruach, that's not breath... it would be "breathing". However for ruach, I prefer the correspondance to "wind", because, the "wind" is not the "wind" if the air is not moving.
Post automatically merged:

I'll also note that Ain Soph Ohr, is not even close to correct. It's the shefa. "Streaming" or "Flowing" or "Gushing". It's absolutely limited in valence. It's not negating. That's a limitation.

IllusiveOwl

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
That's from 777 / Sepher Sephiroth :) Nice book and probably in the Library.
I suppose one of the authors ripped from the other, because the Alister Crowley Manual's where I capped it.

Ziran

Acolyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Chesed is wrong. Not mercy. That is Rachamim. A middah, not one of the sephirot. Mercy is a middle path attribute. Chesed is not middle path. Chesed is "Out-Reacing" the opposite of Gevurah which is "Contracting" Just like an arm. It is out-reaching? It is contracting? etc...

The letters of the 4 letter name and their correspondence to the arch-angles looks to be complete hog-wash.

The four worlds are out of order, their correspondence to the layers of the soul are scrambled.

@IllusiveOwl : Yo, this list is a hot mess.

Khoren_

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Chesed is wrong. Not mercy. That is Rachamim. A middah, not one of the sephirot. Mercy is a middle path attribute. Chesed is not middle path. Chesed is "Out-Reacing" the opposite of Gevurah which is "Contracting" Just like an arm. It is out-reaching? It is contracting? etc...

The letters of the 4 letter name and their correspondence to the arch-angles looks to be complete hog-wash.

The four worlds are out of order, their correspondence to the layers of the soul are scrambled.

@IllusiveOwl : Yo, this list is a hot mess.
Crowley, like his mentors, is famous for absolutely understanding jack shit

I will die on this hill.

Ziran

Acolyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
At least it's hot 👙💦🥵

Thank you for fact-checking this list, I can mark these corrections on my personal copy with pen ✏️🦉

You are very welcome. There's probably more errors on the list. The ones that jumped out at me were simply my initial scan. I barely skimmed it. At a certain point, it becomes a waste of effort to document them all. Who ever wrote that list, was ... ummmm ... confused? Or throwing spagehtti at the wall trying to sell a book? I don't know.

Ziran

Acolyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Crowley, like his mentors, is famous for absolutely understanding jack shit

I will die on this hill.

He did quite a lot with remarkably little. Necessity is the mother of invention.

Ah, that is a shame. I had hoped your strong opinion was founded... such is public discourse, shouts and glances 💀

Yes, bro, the large font matters. Thank you... very convincing. You don't need to believe me, just use your brain.

1) Is mercy a middle path attribute or not?
2) This is coming from a christian interpretation relying on Christ's location on the "right-hand" of God from Psalm 110. That's not a credible reason.
3) the word Chesed does not mean mercy. That;s not what it means. I can show you. But if you want to learn from wikipedia, instead of someone who is practicing and learning the old way, face to face, eye ball to eye ball. One teacher and their student, no others, and has been for many years, be my guest. Please let the rest of us know how that works out for you?

Screenshot-from-2024-07-12-21-40-12.png

How about this? Link below. Yes, friend, this is basic. I'm sorry that the Greek world is all you had access to. The original is much much better. Much cleaner, much more orderly. And none of it is out of your reach anymore. These concepts were closed to you, now they're not. You can learn, and choose what works best for you. I'm confident that each of the incorrect correspondences can be explained and understood as wrong, if you'll give me chance. Then you can choose. Besides, all you have now is a list, but, what are you planning on doing with it? If it doesn't make sense, what do you expect to happen? Babble some words in the air you don't understand and hope for a miracle?

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Last edited:

Jackson

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
useful for someone

Ziran

Acolyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
useful for someone

Even what is "wrong" is useful for understanding its opposing partner. It's a wonderful technique, because, as most of us know, the esoteric texts are a mix of fact and fiction, true and false, reality and fantasy. In reconciliation of fact of fiction, the entire text becomes profoundly useful.