• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Journal Cosmology Progression Journal

A record of a users' progress or achievements in their particular practice.

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Hello everybody, this is a journal I have decided to make to update my progress through "The Great Work." I will be following this path in order with astrotheurgy with the specific map being found in cosmology diagrams, the tree of life, or even the rose cross, as they all depict the same path.

I have started with the elements, doing ritual work including invoking and banishing as well as meditations and things of that nature for one alchemical month for each element before moving on to planetary energies.

I have just completed the element of earth, and after banishing, purifying and invoking this element for 40 days straight I have noticed definitive improvements which all correlate to the qualities of earth that I will list:
  • a much easier ability to meditate for long periods of time: I regularly can do 30-60 minutes a day depending on how much time I have where as before it was very hard to be able to meditate for even 10 minutes
  • a greater desire to go outdoors: I found myself having the urge to fish a lot as well as camp to the point where I would go 4 times a week out into the forest
  • greater stillness of mind: I am able to watch any unconscious feelings or thoughts from the moment of their conception and observe and feel these emotions without "being" those emotions and thoughts
  • greater desire for physical health and hygiene: I have always worked out pretty well, but I have been a lot more conscientious of the foods I put into my body and noticed a decrease lost of desire for fried and sugary foods.

These are a few, there certainly are more. I plan to update this journal in around 40 more days give or take whenever I complete the same process for the element of water.

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Update 8/27/2023

I have completed working with the element of water. I took longer on water than earth for several personal reasons, and similarly to earth I have noticed certain changes in myself during this period such as:

• An increase in dream recall and promotion, as well as working with lucid dreaming
  • A great desire to study dreaming/ the working of the unconscious as I read several books during this period over the subject
  • greater intuition: during my meditations I would imagine myself flipping off my thoughts and only feeling and intuiting, and tried to carry this over to my life as much as possible by stopping to over analyze everything needlessly, and to be in the moment, which strengthened many relationships that I have.
  • negative emotions became reduced/ balanced out after banishing.

There were certainly more, I have started the element of air and will update this journal again in roughly 40 days.

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Update 10/14/2023

I have completed working with the element of Air. This element for me was one of the most noticeable to see effects, with several benefits that I have noticed:
  • Obsessions with certain areas of study: I started invoking Air after my school year had started and I noticed developing a genuine fascination with the curriculum in my classes, scoring well in all and spending considerable time outside of class picking up Python and Machine Learning just because I had the itch to learn.
  • Enhanced Focus: I used social media less, which was nice because often times I feel like I am addicted, but I was able to hone in / lock in to read or study whenever I needed to for about as long as I wanted to without getting fatigued or bored as quickly
  • Increased Confidence: I feel like I became more extroverted around people, and found myself voicing bolder things to people than I probably would have used to, as well as feeling I could articulate my thoughts better. I always have known exactly what I thought about something, but translating it into language was often tough, and I noticed I was a lot more articulate in this time period

Overall, this element has been profoundly helpful with my academic, professional, and social life, even if those things are all quite materialistically orientated the quality of life improvements were nice to gain

I did notice a lack of interest in magick/ dreaming as that was my passion when I was working with water, as well as my lucid dreams stopping entirely during this period and my dream recall tapered down a little, although it is still very good. I will update this journal again when I have completed the element of Fire.

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Update 10/14/2023

I have completed working with the element of Air. This element for me was one of the most noticeable to see effects, with several benefits that I have noticed:
  • Obsessions with certain areas of study: I started invoking Air after my school year had started and I noticed developing a genuine fascination with the curriculum in my classes, scoring well in all and spending considerable time outside of class picking up Python and Machine Learning just because I had the itch to learn.
  • Enhanced Focus: I used social media less, which was nice because often times I feel like I am addicted, but I was able to hone in / lock in to read or study whenever I needed to for about as long as I wanted to without getting fatigued or bored as quickly
  • Increased Confidence: I feel like I became more extroverted around people, and found myself voicing bolder things to people than I probably would have used to, as well as feeling I could articulate my thoughts better. I always have known exactly what I thought about something, but translating it into language was often tough, and I noticed I was a lot more articulate in this time period

Overall, this element has been profoundly helpful with my academic, professional, and social life, even if those things are all quite materialistically orientated the quality of life improvements were nice to gain

I did notice a lack of interest in magick/ dreaming as that was my passion when I was working with water, as well as my lucid dreams stopping entirely during this period and my dream recall tapered down a little, although it is still very good. I will update this journal again when I have completed the element of Fire.
Awesome!

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Update 12/1/2023

I have completed working with the element of Fire, which is the final element on the list. This element was perhaps the trickiest to work with, and I was more sensitive to changes this element brought compared to previous elements. I would feel quite unlike my self at times, which highlights the imbalance of 'Fire' I had within my own psyche/consciousness

Since I have completed working with the elements, I have shifted my belief from the beginning that I am 'gaining' something with the invocations, but now I have come to the belief that I already had every single elemental quality in its fullest capacity, both 'good' and 'negative', and the point of the elemental work is to learn to compartmentalize different types of 'consciousness' at will and focus on them for a prolonged period of time, in order to have better self-mastery over yourself. I did not become more grounded, more intuitive, more intelligent, and more passionate through elemental work, but used my consciousness as a laser light to hone in on these arbitrary abstractions of consciousness magicians have made through the 'element' segments.

These are a few of the changes I noticed while working with Fire:
  • Greater personal confidence: after invoking in the morning, I felt a lot more sure of myself and my capabilities throughout the day. Situations that would usually make me overthink (especially social situations) wouldn't bother me at all, and I adopted more of an attitude to just honestly express myself
  • Greater passion: like with water, I noticed a shift in my baseline emotional structure, while with water I felt more passive and intuitive, I noticed working with the masculine Fire energy that I openly displayed a lot more 'active' emotions, for better and for worse.
  • 'Burning' away negative traits: After the banishing for a prolonged period of time, I would feel more 'balanced', I used the elemental workings to help mitigate personal egoic tendencies that were in my psyche, which I think is the best use for fire, to purify.

The only thing I would warn against is I could feel the imbalance much, much more clearly whenever I would invoke more than banish. I did infact have moments where I acted a lot more egotistical, and displayed anger, which is very against how I am normally (at least I like to think so). But just as fire as the capacity to nurture and grow, it can also can consume and destroy if left unchecked.

Now, I will finally move up the Tree of Life cosmology chart, and will begin working with Yesod for a period of 6 months using personal rituals that are inspired from several different magickal sources. I will update this journal again in roughly that timeframe.

Reaction score
Awards
So how did you explore each element within Malkuth? So far for me it seems I'm stuck in knee deep mid of Earth, trying to keep ducks in a row .. and get out of some tricky situations is my cross to bear it seems.

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
So how did you explore each element within Malkuth? So far for me it seems I'm stuck in knee deep mid of Earth, trying to keep ducks in a row .. and get out of some tricky situations is my cross to bear it seems.
invoking and banishing, meditations, and keeping it present in your mind and trying to make connections. Besides my formal rituals for instance, every time I drink a glass of water I will draw the earth pentagram with chi and then spear it with my finger vibrating the name of God for earth.

you don’t need to do anything flashy or fancy, consistency is the key.

Reaction score
Awards
So we're you using pentagram rituals to flip through the elements in Malkuth, and or Hexagram rituals? Very nice indeed!