• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] Create a expert benefactor level of users

Everyone's got one.
Reaction score
Awards
If this were to be limited to known authors or podcasters of Magick books... Experts as it were .. no matter the path, such as Yazata, Aaron Leitch, Rufus Opus, Morgan Epstein, Foolish Fish, BehemothX, etc, we would have invaluable insight from accomplished practitioners.

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Hm. I appreciate your grouping of me with some of these names but I don't think any of them is on here.
Beside that, everybody can ask questions and anybody can answer. I like it like that to be honest.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
This seems redundant, and it would turn the forum into BALG a bit, which no one wants I am sure.
BALG? Big angry lecherous Greek? Beautiful Armenian lesbian garroteer? Boring annoying loser grampa? I'm at a loss. Sorry for my acronym-autism.

Vandheer

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
BALG? Big angry lecherous Greek? Beautiful Armenian lesbian garroteer? Boring annoying loser grampa? I'm at a loss. Sorry for my acronym-autism.
Sure, I will bite, its BALG, its run by Koetting who is essentially just a seller if not a full blown scammer because even his best works don't actually offer anything that you can't find somewhere else, but its advertised as such.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Oh, heck yeah. I still get junk email from that site, despite ignoring them from since before Apollonius of Tyana clobbered Elphias Levi with that tire-iron back when. BALG indeed: Burning Agonizing Leperous Growth in my email inbox.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
There are other methods to recognise famous/noteworthy members. We have the verification checkmark, awards for contributions, vendor account if you're selling. Benefactor is for any member to contribute financially to WF. I can't really bring myself to accept donations for nothing in return, so I decided to make a user group that would give something back to those who chose to financially support WF.

Like Yaz said, I highly doubt any of those names are on WF, if they are and if they want to be recognised for it, they can reach out to me for the checkmark. If they don't want to, then that's fine too.

Reaction score
Awards
Speaking of which, I'm getting around 80 per month from Ground Cover News (Ann Arbors homeless newspaper that I write articles in), so should be able to buy books and get to contribute within the next month or two.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Speaking of which, I'm getting around 80 per month from Ground Cover News (Ann Arbors homeless newspaper that I write articles in), so should be able to buy books and get to contribute within the next month or two.
Stop saying that every month and just do it when you can, if you really want to. But if you can't that's fine and you really should feel no obligation to do so. But saying "I'm gonna do this, I'm gonna do that" every month or 2 since the beginning of time is a bad habit. Honestly, WF is running pretty smooth financially now (not that it would ever be a problem for me to bankroll it) so don't even worry about it. Maybe focus on buying those books from WF authors that you said you would to encourage and support them.

Reaction score
Awards
True. I do have forty coming my way in the mail. I get paid forty every two weeks for the one and only allowed contribution to the newspaper. Points noted.