• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Current 236?

jin2494

Neophyte
Reaction score
There is a book i’m reading in spanish Evangelio de los Vampiros( something like this, Gospel of the Vampires) who claims to be the “sacred book” of the Current 236, i only knows Current 218( Anti-Cosmic Satanism) i don’t familiarized with those currents who have numbers so i would like to know how many numbers of currents are and specially know more about 236 and what books or works exist about it, please someone who clarify this a little bit now i’m confused
:frowning:

Xenophon

Magister
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
The only references I can find are in Spanish and say simply that the book in question is "presented as" an expression of Current 236. Another site says the book is the "sacred book" of Current 236. There don't seem to be any easily found references to the Current 236 as such, apart from the book. Which suggests that 1) the current is quite secret; or, 2) the current does not (yet?) figure in much magickal literature. All the references take me back to the book in question.

How many currents are there? Any mage can style his system as part of "Current #." Aside from #218, the anti-cosmic crowd, I recall Kenneth Grant mentioning (I think) two different currents. Likewise I seem to recall a few others out there more or less associated with offshoots of Thelema. As for #236, I suggest delving into your Evangelio de los Vampiros. It's not like there is some well-developed "system" of currents that have to be mastered first. The Typhonian Trilogies, for example, are quite a different thing from 218's anti-cosmic Satanism.

jin2494

Neophyte
Reaction score
The only references I can find are in Spanish and say simply that the book in question is "presented as" an expression of Current 236. Another site says the book is the "sacred book" of Current 236. There don't seem to be any easily found references to the Current 236 as such, apart from the book. Which suggests that 1) the current is quite secret; or, 2) the current does not (yet?) figure in much magickal literature. All the references take me back to the book in question.

How many currents are there? Any mage can style his system as part of "Current #." Aside from #218, the anti-cosmic crowd, I recall Kenneth Grant mentioning (I think) two different currents. Likewise I seem to recall a few others out there more or less associated with offshoots of Thelema. As for #236, I suggest delving into your Evangelio de los Vampiros. It's not like there is some well-developed "system" of currents that have to be mastered first. The Typhonian Trilogies, for example, are quite a different thing from 218's anti-cosmic Satanism.
Yeah, i'm reading the Gospel of Vampires and The Gospel Revealed too wich is another book reviewing the Gospel of Vampires, a friend told me few hours ago that Gospel of Vampires have 5 tomes, i only have 2 but i thing is enough for now, book was written by Mario Cruz and i think is only in spanish thats all what i reach to know for now also thanks for your help

Xenophon

Magister
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Yeah, i'm reading the Gospel of Vampires and The Gospel Revealed too wich is another book reviewing the Gospel of Vampires, a friend told me few hours ago that Gospel of Vampires have 5 tomes, i only have 2 but i thing is enough for now, book was written by Mario Cruz and i think is only in spanish thats all what i reach to know for now also thanks for your help
5 tomes?! I could only turn up a selection from one tome. Clearly it's not too widely disseminated. Let us know if anything striking turns up.