• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Dark Lords Books on amazon

DarkHermit

On Probation
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Guys what is your opinion of the Dark Lords on Amazon?

are they legit or made up. No disrespect or offence obviously

Last edited by a moderator:

Yazata

Staff member
Sentinel
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I edited out the link to the Amazon author page

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Complete trash.
Post automatically merged:

I see there's a whole bevy of these mid-brow 'black magic' book franchises on amazon now (favourite pseudonym: 'Myrmydon Pontifex Maximus' :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:) that seem to be directed at male teenage edgelords rebelling against their overly strict Christian upbringing. That "Book of Chaos" is typical - the cover may sport the chaosphere but embraces the old superseded 'order vs. chaos' dichotomy instead, and it goes without saying that this what chaos magic isn't about. At. All. It's always 'fight against' this or that, being a 'warrior' (or even a ninja or Sith), very dramatic, very romantic, Goth aesthetics to the max. Luckily, there are the Dark Lords and its Black Brothers to magnanimously guide the lost 'black' sheep, setting standards and adventurous goals to be attained, and of course their young readers want to be part of something so cool as a black magical order for pure shock value. I'm no expert but I think Satanism isn't about fighting the Christian god but rather overcome within themselves and subsequently ignore the Christian paradigm in its totality as an act of liberation, not by unneccessarily prolonging one's unfortunate attachment by 'fighting' it; I suspect serious Satanists won't be happy about those books. Saying the Lord's Prayer backwards indeed...

Last edited: