• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Dealing with Acrophobia and aerophobia magick wise

Reaction score
Awards
I have come to realize perception plays a large part, as does the creative mind fortunately and unfortunately. Being afraid in an airplane is because you lack the faith in the engineering of the craft and the skill and capabilities of the crew. It is yet natural to be afraid, as you lack wings or a parachute.

Acrophobia, on the other hand, is an unnatural fear and any unnecessary fear given circumstances. Feeling a floor buckle underneathyou or bounce on floors, feel a building sway in the wind, these are natural fears. What is unnatural is staircases, perception of being higher up than you actually are, how high the ground is up flush against a building wall and weathering control as well.

It seems to me magick is necessary to confront this, in the form of a ritual involving Mars.

But what route and how?

Post automatically merged:

Going to do candle affirmations dealing with Mars, as well as an invocation of Mars, the archangel Chamuel, Madim, and so on. Conquer Fear, Conquer All Fear, etc .. Mars related rituals for courage to this cowardly lion.
Wrote affirmations. Will work with a table and seal of Mars. Will find invoking Mars LRH and jot down for memorization and practice.
Reading Zelator and Theoricus in Christopher's book indicates a few issues with my approach:
1. Saturn and Luna are opposites, which explains the hesitation of Saturn and appearance vs reality of Luna.
2. Luna is to be involved only on Mondays.
3. Saturn is to be invoked only 9n Saturdays.

I suppose I could be a daily prayer warrior again.
Post automatically merged:

Psychologically, small steps in desensitization to heights is possible.
Work wise due to the pre syncope moment, I'm not allowed to use the service elevator. I may ask to work 8n the main kitchen, which is ground level, it may help the short term. Come Spring Summer, the dorms shut down and so those non union like me, must find other employment.
Magick wise, will do daily prayers for overcoming fears, and do rituals in hour of Mars daily for a week.
Will use banishing hexagram of both Saturn and Luna.
Will stick to banishing for a week to see 8f symptoms ease, if they do, then backtrack what exactly occurred.

Last edited: