• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Demon king, lion head

Bobdabuilder

Neophyte
Reaction score
So I was doing a pathworking of the demon king Lucifer. Once I placed myself in his realm, beneath a scorched tree dripping molten silver I got the impression and image of a tall entity with the head of a lion. I then researched gods with the head of a lion and the Egyptian God of war Maahes showed up (I was oblivious to his existence). Did the Egyptians also worshipped Lucifer?
Have you done pathworkings with Lucifer? If so what impressions did you get?

Öwnchef

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
So I was doing a pathworking of the demon king Lucifer. Once I placed myself in his realm, beneath a scorched tree dripping molten silver I got the impression and image of a tall entity with the head of a lion. I then researched gods with the head of a lion and the Egyptian God of war Maahes showed up (I was oblivious to his existence). Did the Egyptians also worshipped Lucifer?
Osiris is a black God. Horus his son. Nephthys our black sister, Anubis, Bastet, the list goes on and on. I am not surprised in Africa, though. The concept of an evil entity was unknown. Gods were beyond this.

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
That pathworking is from the book, Lucifer and the Hidden Demons, by Theodore Rose. The description for the method of pathworking used is quite educational, for instead of a 'walking' path, one follows 'waypoints' to the destination.

To meet with Lucifer, the following waypoints would be visualized. Bear in mind that such visualization does not require immense amounts of effort to see details. Read and imagine to the best of your ability the following, one at a time:

1. You stand in a rock-strewn desert.

2. There are mountains on the horizon.

3. You stand at the base of the mountains.

4. There, a black tree, its bark scorched.

5. Silver oozes from the tree’s green buds.

6. Liquid metal runs down twigs and branches, hardening around the roots like glittering ice.

Say, "Lucifer! Lucifer! Lucifer!"

Wait in silence to see if you can visualize a being appear, preferably at your left side. There's a reason for this. It would be confrontational to remain face to face for too long, and you do not want tension to build in such an evocation. That said, it is not necessary to see or feel anything to perform the evocations in the book. The method is designed to make requests, not perform full-on spirit manifestations. Those who do see something most likely will not see the same thing. As Theodore Rose writes:

"Magick is filled with irony, and it is another delightful irony that in relinquishing the need to see a demon, you are more likely to see a demon. Although you work only with your imagination, you are not creating imaginary fantasies, but recreating realities where demons reside. You may see, sense or know them.​
"The extent to which you are able to see or sense the demon has little bearing on the work you do with that demon. Pathworking is a way of summoning the demon, and then you must work with its strengths and attributes to bring about the result you desire."​

To finish the evocation, thank Lucifer (and any demon that you called through him/her), and imagine that you stand in a rock-strewn desert (same as #1 above).

I don't wish to discuss any work I've done in this book at this time. Perhaps in the future.

Öwnchef

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
How do you know that the being that comes is the one you called for?
This is highly efficient. You will know by the outcome. It will depend on who you are. How old you are. Honestly at this point you won't care about the identity.
I did this when I was 11, to prove myself that there is no evil at all. Spoiler: There is.

Bobdabuilder

Neophyte
Reaction score
This is highly efficient. You will know by the outcome. It will depend on who you are. How old you are. Honestly at this point you won't care about the identity.
I did this when I was 11, to prove myself that there is no evil at all. Spoiler: There is.
Define evil, that might be morality in disguise.
That pathworking is from the book, Lucifer and the Hidden Demons, by Theodore Rose. The description for the method of pathworking used is quite educational, for instead of a 'walking' path, one follows 'waypoints' to the destination.

To meet with Lucifer, the following waypoints would be visualized. Bear in mind that such visualization does not require immense amounts of effort to see details. Read and imagine to the best of your ability the following, one at a time:

6. Liquid metal runs down twigs and branches, hardening around the roots like glittering ice.

Wait in silence to see if you can visualize a being appear, preferably at your left side. There's a reason for this. It would be confrontational to remain face to face for too long, and you do not want tension to build in such an evocation. That said, it is not necessary to see or feel anything to perform the evocations in the book. The method is designed to make requests, not perform full-on spirit manifestations. Those who do see something most likely will not see the same thing. As Theodore Rose writes:

"Magick is filled with irony, and it is another delightful irony that in relinquishing the need to see a demon, you are more likely to see a demon. Although you work only with your imagination, you are not creating imaginary fantasies, but recreating realities where demons reside. You may see, sense or know them.​
"The extent to which you are able to see or sense the demon has little bearing on the work you do with that demon. Pathworking is a way of summoning the demon, and then you must work with its strengths and attributes to bring about the result you desire."​

To finish the evocation, thank Lucifer (and any demon that you called through him/her), and imagine that you stand in a rock-strewn desert (same as #1 above).

I don't wish to discuss any work I've done in this book at this time. Perhaps in the future.
Pretty good book ain't it? I think it is quite effective.

Bobdabuilder

Neophyte
Reaction score
Care to illuminate us on the evil you speak about?

Bobdabuilder

Neophyte
Reaction score

Oh man! Share some of your wisdom.

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
Oh man! Share some of your wisdom.
Fundamental magickal practice: To Know, Dare, Will, and Keep Silent.

It's like ... Fight Club
The first rule is, you don't talk about Fight Club.
In magick, you don't talk about the magick you're doing until ... a lot later, if ever.

And yes, it's an interesting book. Pathworking holds a great appeal to me because I've always been an avid reader with a good imagination.

Utterlysneaky

Neophyte
Reaction score

Have you had good results from it(without talking about them specifically)? I use it too, never actually see anything other than the darkness behind my closed eyelids, but I always get a physical reaction when I visualize the last line of a pathworking = my head starts to shake on its own for about 10 secs, I calm down and make my request...

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
Have you had good results from it(without talking about them specifically)? I use it too, never actually see anything other than the darkness behind my closed eyelids, but I always get a physical reaction when I visualize the last line of a pathworking = my head starts to shake on its own for about 10 secs, I calm down and make my request...
To the extent I have so far used it, yes. I'll cite just one example I feel it would be appropriate to mention at this time. I asked Borob to assist by increasing my ability to experience lucid dreams and astral projections. My dream recall has improved significantly. I experienced a brief, blurry astral 'awareness' outside my physical body, accompanied by a sensation of paralysis, which felt distinct from my typical dream state. Never underestimate the importance of keeping the dream diary.

I have not thus far seen in my mind's eye Lucifer or any of his demons with any degree of clarity, though I attempt to 'place' them to my left as 'shadows'. Unlike nearly all of my usual rituals, I performed these outside in my back yard, which seemed somehow appropriate. Just keep in mind I bought the book (Kindle) only a month ago, and this is the beginning of a long term working relationship. I feel no need to rush.

I've also been performing a lot of other tasks like creating a servitor, firing off many sigils, and doing a few invocations from other books. It's been a busy month, perhaps too busy, and yet I feel confident that progress is being made, which is confirmed by my regular tarot divinations. Daily practice almost always includes Qabalistic Cross, LRP, and a form of Middle Pillar (there are so many variations). Many things are in a state of flux, and I pay close attention to how I feel about the things I include in my regular practice. I might add something only to throw it out a week later. But my main point is to keep doing something so as to keep myself looking forward. The past will take care of itself.

Grundy

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Have you also considered that the image presented was also a waypoint or signpost leading you to the next stage of your pathworking?

I can only speak from my own practice so your path may be wildly different from mine. Usually entities I connect with refer me to another entity to connect with after. And so on and so on and so forth until my journey is complete (if it ever will be).