• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Did the gods draw blood?

Menonna

Visitor
Reaction score
Hi guys; so I, well, I have had a situation that I don't know how to interpret. I have just finished a month long series of rituals centred on Odin. The last ritual was meant to culminate in carving some runes on wood pieces and painting them red within the ritual. This went fine for the first 25 runes but on the last one, on the last stroke, the knife slipped and cut my thumb really deep. I bandaged it quickly and started to paint but literally as I was about to put the brush in the paint, a drop of my blood fell from my thumb and directly onto the rune! I felt moved to brush the blood into the grooves instead. I did this with all 26 dipping the brush into the wound and, and then, and I nearly keeled over at this point, the blood stopped. I literally stopped bleeding right at the last, once everything was covered.

What do you guys think? Was this something else or am I crazy?

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I would go back into the scene and identify and test the interfering entities.

Did you call them or did they call you?

Were they just passing by?

TheMouse

Neophyte
Reaction score
Hi guys; so I, well, I have had a situation that I don't know how to interpret. I have just finished a month long series of rituals centred on Odin. The last ritual was meant to culminate in carving some runes on wood pieces and painting them red within the ritual. This went fine for the first 25 runes but on the last one, on the last stroke, the knife slipped and cut my thumb really deep. I bandaged it quickly and started to paint but literally as I was about to put the brush in the paint, a drop of my blood fell from my thumb and directly onto the rune! I felt moved to brush the blood into the grooves instead. I did this with all 26 dipping the brush into the wound and, and then, and I nearly keeled over at this point, the blood stopped. I literally stopped bleeding right at the last, once everything was covered.

when i was learning how to make sacred objects with copper and fire . . my teacher told me that literal blood, sweat, and tears go into every single one of his pieces (and those were some Mighty Powerful Pieces) . . . . . my first impulse is to say that Odin just agreed to do some serious work with you through these Runes . . . . ask and ye shall receive . . . . . . . oh yeah, also, did this happen Today? Cause today is the new moon 12/12 portal and, in my woods anyway, the Magickal realms are Really making themselves known in the 3D World today . . . . . .

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards

I think that... it is the experience that it is

I know that sounds meaningless but it's earnestly what I believe.

What I mean is: we tend to have events we treat as symbols that mean something other than what they are - like maybe you see a crow land on the hand of a statue, and think "I wonder what that symbolises"
And we have events that just are, and don't symbolise anything.
(Bear with me)

If you are worried about tension at work, and you see two dogs fighting, you might think "ah that's a sign of that my boss is going to pick a fight today"
But if you are at work and your boss yells at you, very few people would go "ah that's a sign that I'm going to see two dogs fighting later today".

So, there are questions everyone must ask for themselves: what are the symbols and what are the things the symbols are talking about?

Some people lean so far into "everything is a symbol" that there's barely any life left for the symbols to be talking to. I go pretty far in the other direction. But that doesn't mean I don't think anything has meaning

To go directly back to your Odin experience:
If you had posted "i had lunch with my partner and it was just really beautiful and nice to connect with them - what do you think it means?" I would say - it doesn't have to "mean" anything other than the experience it was. It wasn't meaningLESS - it was probably a very meaningful experience. But the meaning doesn't need to be translated - the experience of beauty and connection with your partner is the meaning.

So that's how your situation reads to me. You had a beautiful experience - it doesn't need to be translated or interpreted to be anything other than what it was. The experience you had was meaningful in itself.

(Adding that I think you were right to follow your impulse, and that that was part of the experience)

I know this is not super articulate, hopefully it added up to something that made sense

byte007

Apprentice
Reaction score
I think everything has a purpose and I think multiple, interpreting it is the challenge. Can we truly know? Based on patterns and intuition you may find some possibilities as to what it means. What it means to you can be influenced by beliefs and perspectives so of course that is a factor. My thoughts on it.

byte007

Apprentice
Reaction score
It was pointed out to me recently that every part of a human has at least two functions.
Makes sense, I would think at least three. Often there are functions/purpose we don't think of for things but thought and intuition can show us possibilities and probabilities.

Reaction score
Awards
I second Vandheers comment, I recommend not idly casting fortunes for everyone under the sun, unless your sole motivation with them is to do so, in which case get a local or city permit.
I would recommend staying away from working with these with demons, as there is the direct DNA link on them.

Mannimarco

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Odin and I are not on good terms, but that
just sounds normal for him. I imagine that's a positive thing in your mind, so I'd say it was a success. More than one experienced practitioner has said that Odin is big on the self wounding.