• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Discernment

Reaction score
Awards
The most important piece of the puzzle, the key ingredient, the focal point of all pure magick, is proper discernment.

Discernment is the ability to judge. To distinguish what is from what is not. It often manifests in the form of more questions than answers. Sometimes discernment is simply being able to say, I do not know. But it is also being able to say, I do know. Or, the ability to say I’m leaning towards…

In all problems, one must have clear values/facts to be able to come to a clear discernible conclusion. It’s not unusual in these bizarre times however, to not have all the variables needed and still be faced with having to come to and act upon a conclusion. So where does discernment come in?

Let’s say you have felt wronged by Jim. And you don’t know why, but Jim seems to be responsible for wronging you. And you’d like revenge. Without seeking knowledge of why, the ritual has begun and Jim’s life is about to become a living hell. Feels good.

And then it comes to light that Jim actually didn’t wrong you. It was actually Joe. But Jim is feeling the brunt of things while Joe is fully aware he manipulated Jim to wrong you unknowingly. And thus, because of a lack of discernment, one enemy has become plural. And poor Jim is faced with a visible variable himself to now side with Joe.

That hypothetical lack of discernment has turned the tables further in the favor of the one who truly wronged you to begin with.

So my fellow Wizards, I implore you to always take a step back, gather your thoughts, seek to become patient and act not out of anger nor fear, but out of a chosen self identity and reasonable discernment.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Hear hear!

A valuable piece of advice that any occultist should follow!

Reaction score
Awards
Hear hear!

A valuable piece of advice that any occultist should follow!
While I half agree with the Wiccan Rede, I sort of like to modify it a bit to suit my interpretation of today’s social climate.

“Do as Ye will and harm none that truly don’t deserve it. And remember that many will hit back as just as hard as you hit them, whether they had it coming or not”

Reaction score
Awards
I personally think that Solomons solution between two mothers each saying a baby was theirs, to offer to cleave the baby in half. After that a liar fessed up. Sad to say, without his influence, there are a lot of straight up liars out there in the world.

IOW, our best discernment is knowing what we hear and see and think, whether anyone else agrees or not.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
It is a wonderful skill to know where guilt lies.

At times I have seen cases where family karma falls upon whoever is nearest. With family karma there is group responsibility. It matters not who feels the pain.

And with family karma there is often a group of adverse entities feeding off the emotional and mental trauma. They like to interfere to stir up more action.

And with humans forming emotional and mental bodies from substance contaminated with solar systemic karma, it is often hard to be pure in feelings and thoughts.

Perhaps it is safer just to use love - if there is any to spare.

Reaction score
Awards
I have little love left for anyone. Quite frankly, Ive been numb for several months, and just when Im up, some love to drag me back down, Quite frankly I dont care anymore. Not for others outside family.

And if one more person tells me there is divine justice I will be forced to laugh.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
My own view is that the first person that needs love is the person themself.

Loving myself seems to improve my well-being and generate additional love for others. It may also make me easier for others to love.

But it is very rare for our society to teach how to love oneself.

Reaction score
Awards
with family karma there is often a group of adverse entities feeding off the emotional and mental trauma. They like to interfere to stir up more action
This is something I’ve observed as well. It usually follows someone new who never should have been let into the fold. Knowing this, we as a family are more cautious now and make choices (about who we let in) as a group.

Reaction score
Awards
IOW, our best discernment is knowing what we hear and see and think, whether anyone else agrees or not.
Unless you’re in a relationship, it’s not in anyone’s best interest to worry about what anyone else thinks. Unless you trust them and seek their council of course.

Reaction score
Awards
Hmm. I guess youd have to be in my shoes. Anyway, I agree in general, but not in my situation.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I wandered into a witchcraft shop. It felt a bit emotionally turbulent but otherwise ok.

I spoke the woman running it, asking her about a local mountain. She gave a generic answer so I asked again. Again a generic answer. So I asked a third time and then we had a proper discussion about the mountain.

After a while she said that her job was keeping people out of witchcraft unless:

• they were of the blood, and
  • knew they were of the blood.

I wonder how widespread is such understanding

Reaction score
Awards
Well, considering Barnes and Noble and other bookstores now have witchcraft opposite of bibles, I think too many not "blood" became interested in it all. The entertainment industry does the same thing really.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
So are the "not blood" just a nuisance?

Perhaps their workings encourage predators that then also hang around the "of the blood" witches.

Reaction score
Awards
After a while she said that her job was keeping people out of witchcraft unless:

• they were of the blood, and
  • knew they were of the blood
I’m assuming that means she only talked to witches who are well studied? Because it’s not like witchcraft is a singular genetic family lineage. Some are from a family of those who practice, but hmmm. She sounds like she’s rattling your chain to me

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I had to demonstrate my seriousness before she would speak plainly to me.

Then it turned out that she knew quite a lot about the mountain I asked about. The mountain has the Malkuth from another landmass. It is the only place I know where a landmass Tree of Life has the Malkuth on land and thereby directly accessible by ignorant humans. Normally the Malkuth is in the ocean.

Perhaps she was placed there to keep an eye on who was doing what with the energies.

I understood her to say that she could recognize those that were of the blood.

Reaction score
Awards
You definitely passed the smell test. It’s a form of gatekeeping, but in a way it’s also a form of protecting. You might have made a friend as well. Glad you took it the way you did.

Reaction score
Awards
So are the "not blood" just a nuisance?

Perhaps their workings encourage predators that then also hang around the "of the blood" witches.
Not what Im saying on the nuisance bit, just that like Constantine and demonology, witchcraft became huge after The Craft was in theatres.
I have no idea what youre referring to about predators. All Im saying is that Witchcraft and Demonology are huge because of several things, particularly bookstores and movie theatres.

Reaction score
Awards
I had to demonstrate my seriousness before she would speak plainly to me.

Then it turned out that she knew quite a lot about the mountain I asked about. The mountain has the Malkuth from another landmass. It is the only place I know where a landmass Tree of Life has the Malkuth on land and thereby directly accessible by ignorant humans. Normally the Malkuth is in the ocean.

Perhaps she was placed there to keep an eye on who was doing what with the energies.

I understood her to say that she could recognize those that were of the blood.
I dont follow. Are you referring the the Malkuth from the Qabalah? Malkuth in that sense is simply Earth. The manifested world at that.
I believe your story, just trying to understand.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Malkuth in that sense is simply Earth
The ToL fits not only on humans but also on other entities including landmasses.

The first one I saw was on the island of Iona. Oddly enough the human dwellings are only on the lower part of the Tree.