• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

DIY Electronics in Ritual Magick

K_monad

Visitor
Reaction score
New to the forum and happy to be here

Something at the forefront my mind is incorporating more of my creations as an electronics hobbyist into my magickal practice, I know that some folks around TOPY were interested in this (TV Magick), etc. Thus far I've constructed a couple radionics machines inspired by Charles Cosimano that I use primarily for charging talismans, some colored lamps to assist in working with Olympic spirits. I even created some small blinking LED talismans to be given as gifts.

Anyone else interested in this intersection?

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
New to the forum and happy to be here

Something at the forefront my mind is incorporating more of my creations as an electronics hobbyist into my magickal practice, I know that some folks around TOPY were interested in this (TV Magick), etc. Thus far I've constructed a couple radionics machines inspired by Charles Cosimano that I use primarily for charging talismans, some colored lamps to assist in working with Olympic spirits. I even created some small blinking LED talismans to be given as gifts.

There was some guy here who made a radio gizmo called a “spirit box” or something like that which he used ouija board style to communicate with spirits.

As a tech enthusiast, I am interested, for sure. It’s just I haven’t come across any reputable sources of information on this subject, and I don’t really feel like being a pioneer either.

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
incorporating more of my creations as an electronics hobbyist into my magickal practice
This reminded me of the actual meaning of "psionics"(a mix of electronics and psychic phenomena).
While not magic per se, the intent of using technology with something "supernatural" is the same in my opinion.

I've constructed a couple radionics machines inspired by Charles Cosimano
I should've read the post in full before writing my first comment...

I even created some small blinking LED talismans to be given as gifts.
A neat idea, and seems to be cheap so I suppose you can do many of those to give to many people, right?

Many people here seem to be into the "modernization of magic", and by that I mean mixing it with technology.

It’s just I haven’t come across any reputable sources of information on this subject, and I don’t really feel like being a pioneer either.
I think this field is still too "experimental" yet, but it's nice to see the people that do try to do it.It's through the ones that try that one day we might get the ones that do achieve it.

Aeternus

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I agree with some use of technological DIY in magic. Scientology has some of its technomancy if I can put it like that.

Aura detectors and measuring devices that are used by some reiki divine practitioners are another good example of use of machinery to some certain magical practices.

However, I kinda feel worried about certain technological things when I combine them with magic as some can absorb way more energy than intended.

By the way, nice thing with the talismans @K_monad . I think you are very good at arts and crafts.

ramshackle

Visitor
Reaction score
while not directly related to any specific spiritual practice, i've had fun experimenting with DIY synths and no-input feedback mixers in the context of trancework and meditation over the years. i have a small USB-powered eurorack setup built around combining filters with feedback loops, which maybe works so well for me because it has some level of resonance with my particular practice. they're good for getting into specific headspaces and altered states, but probably not much diffferently than incorporating any kind of musical performance into ritual work.

i've also seen a few occult-minded PCB badges (SAOs -- sh*tty add-ons) from the defcon crowd -- there was a hermetic qabalah themed one from dc540 a few years back that included RGB LEDs for showing color correspondences at different scales for each sephira, and a central OLED display for showing additional correspondences, among other things. by default it plays a rather annoyingly flashy demo after it is first turned on -- i would love to change this, and while the device is reflashable, the built-in firmware isn't easily modifiable. fixing that has been on the back-burner for some time, though i do have a bunch of analysis notes stashed somewhere about it. PCBs have graced my altar a number of times as sympathetic objects, usually ones with silkscreens or functions relevant to whatever direction my practice is currently taking.

not sure if any of this is along the lines of what OP intended, but techne is techne, so why not use what you know?

rayleean901

Neophyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
I don't have any personal experience, but this has at least been on the radar of LHP groups since the early Church of Satan days.

From The Satanic Rituals (1972)
THE LAW OF THE TRAPEZOID - Die elektrischen Vorspiele
The principle of utilizing electrical and magnetic energy to effect magical ends is sorely neglected by most occult scholars, yet is employed with almost maniacal gusto by the contemporary German school of Satanic magic. As practical applications of electrical energy increased at the turn of the nineteenth century, so did opportunities for neo-promethean innovation in the field of ritual magic.

It carried over into the Temple of Set, and there was a subsection they called the Occult Institute of Technology (maybe only operational from mid 80's to mid 90's). The only literature I can find atm is the following. It specifically references the OIT in the Epilogue (pp 72-75).

[mega]
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Hope you find something of interest.