• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Help] Do lineage matter?

Someone's asking for help!

June

Neophyte
Reaction score
Hello, I am new to spirit work or deity work, and I am just wondering does your lineage affect which deity/spirit you well feel connect with or can work with ? Cause I am a asian and i know my family line is asian but I feel so connected to Lord Hades, Aphrodite and Osiris.

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
i think since we have the internet the human subconsciousness made some changes and now we have more freedom of choice in what befits us from us. i have an interracial marriage with ancestors who didnt think it wise and now i got friends who like my partner. so i think as long as you respect positions like grandma or granddad and other certain cultural titles like that, you should be fine.

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Hello, I am new to spirit work or deity work, and I am just wondering does your lineage affect which deity/spirit you well feel connect with or can work with ? Cause I am an asian and i know my family line is asian but I feel so connected to Lord Hades, Aphrodite and Osiris.
I don’t think lineage matters, everybody has the same Magick potential. I do think that things like zodiacal signs are real as you take on that “type” of energy when you are reincarnated

the idea of “special” or “chosen” people when it comes to Magick is an illusion and most often only true because it is believed positively or negatively by themselves and others.

Reaction score
Awards
They can matter, all other things being equal, but not to a point that would preclude someone from successfully working a particular practice.

We don’t all have the same latent potential/talent but I don’t think there’s anyone who is unable to succeed in this endeavor.

-Eld

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
They can matter, all other things being equal, but not to a point that would preclude someone from successfully working a particular practice.

We don’t all have the same latent potential/talent but I don’t think there’s anyone who is unable to succeed in this endeavor.

-Eld
They can matter in the development of the person but not the inherent abilities of the person.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
In the early days of Earth humanity there was a significant difference in bloodline energies. For example it seems that the Sumerian gods bred two types of human: slaves and rulers. Other gods bred their own variants e.g. Himmler thought Norwegian genetics were better than German for breeding the new humanity.

Over the millennia, wars have blended genetics across racial groups. Soldiers can have lots of sexual energy after fighting: survivors need to reproduce.

There is another type of lineage and that is of spiritual practices. Some practices are from before this solar system occurred.

Often the effectiveness of practices is dependent upon the sponsorship of those that have gone before. They can manage the energy and facilitate the alignment of practitioners still incarnated.

stalkinghyena

Labore et Constantia
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Billions of people worship the God of Israel but they are not Jews.
Hindu deities were imported to countries outside India by Buddhist monks.
The Egyptians assimilated foreign deities into their pantheon, as did the Greeks.
Ancestry may weigh on one's personal sense of authenticity, but does a god or goddess see in person their bloodline or their Soul?

Benzzz

Neophyte
Reaction score
Hello, I am new to spirit work or deity work, and I am just wondering does your lineage affect which deity/spirit you well feel connect with or can work with ? Cause I am a asian and i know my family line is asian but I feel so connected to Lord Hades, Aphrodite and Osiris.
Yes you might be able to get some magical experiences but bloodline determines hidden potential and how far you can really go just like on TV shows a lot of time the hero or villain has a long lineage of supernatural things but just because you don’t know about yours don’t mean you don’t have

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
does a god or goddess see in person their bloodline or their Soul?

This rather depends on which god and which soul.

Some of the gods have/had behavior that is currently thought by humans to be unethical. Other gods are (have become?) much more profound

There are 5 souls in ancient Egypt and in the Kabbalah. Some of those souls are more profound than what is called the soul by Christians.

stalkinghyena

Labore et Constantia
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
This rather depends on which god and which soul.

Then would the relationship be an aspect of unfolding being-ness that the soul is fated to express? I mean this in the sense of union or partnership, perhaps even dharma.

Some of the gods have/had behavior that is currently thought by humans to be unethical.

Some ancient philosophers claimed indignantly that poets who promoted such stories were burning in hell. This attitude being based on an assessment of irreligiosity - even blasphemy - against personified eternal principles. Nevertheless, such unethical behaviors in myths could and have been viewed as reflecting human behavior and models for subconscious motivations. They could also be human stories elevated as a commemoration masked by religion - for instance, the bondage rape of Hera by Zeus as symbolic of the domination of the patriarchal cult over that of the Great Mother.

Other gods are (have become?) much more profound
Since the Axial age many deities became more philosophically elevated due to advances in civilization and knowledge. They were divested of their more primal elements and even were abstracted as symbols of nature, essentially sterilized by intellectual skepticism. But the human need for personal identification is stronger than mere abstraction, and can even consume that abstraction, as in the case of Neoplatonism or post-Maimodean Kabbalah. The rise of mystery cults and emphasis on eternal salvation represent essential strivings of the primal psyche-soul in the face of an increasing sense of futility in utilitarian systems rooted in comfort and a flight from pain.

There are 5 souls in ancient Egypt and in the Kabbalah.
These souls can be viewed of extensions of a fundamental unity in matter, they have no individual reality in their own right. One could also compare the 5 skandhas of Buddhism, none of which are real but merely aggregates of patterns of desire in becoming around a core of "nothingness". But this "nothingness", in a Kabbalistic sense, is really just an infinite recess of which nothing can be said but "Ain Soph". Yechidah as the Divine Spark could be approached in the same sense as the Atman which the Buddha denies - but in this case there is still no individuality. Monism and Nihilism dissolve themselves into inexplicability. Moralisms in the lower "souls" are simply attempts at harmonization and have no meaning other than reducing conflict to provide momentum for attainment to what one already has possession of.

Some of those souls are more profound than what is called the soul by Christians.
True, in the context of the medieval peasant who works from sunrise to sunset and lives on bread, cheese and water the more complex formulations of metaphysical speculation are beyond his grasp. The soul here is identified with the personality, and this muzzled by compulsory confession and interpreted by priests as simply existing for the sake of Final Judgement by the coming Savior. The concept provides social order and motivation for a society on constant brink of collapse, so the apocalyptic value gives and immediate sense of utility. However oppressive this may sound, it nevertheless promotes a domineering attitude towards nature and an ironic striving for personal independence through demonstrations of ingenuity of proving one's goodness by works dedicated to God.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
would the relationship be an aspect of unfolding being-ness that the soul is fated to express?

All of the gods I have read about seem low level - even having physical bodies.

Some of the higher devas are referred to as gods but they are often much more refined

ancient philosophers claimed indignantly that poets who promoted such stories were burning in hell.

Religions need a lot of defense

Since the Axial age many deities became more philosophically elevated due to advances in civilization and knowledge.

What if the gods really exist? Occasionally I and others "see" sea gods intervening with humans

These souls can be viewed of extensions of a fundamental unity in matter, they have no individual reality in their own right.

That is not my experience. Just the other day a friend saw her Monad/Yechidah standing behind her. I saw it too. We both measured its primary plane of operation in order to identify it properly. We watched the energies it put into her

The soul here is identified with the personality

The two lowest souls are part of the personality. They are the entities (lesser devas) that operate the sacral and solar plexus chakras.

stalkinghyena

Labore et Constantia
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
All of the gods I have read about seem low level - even having physical bodies.

Some of the higher devas are referred to as gods but they are often much more refined
Deities typically manifest to our categorized experiences as layered, though their original cults may have been in fact more based on a materialistic sense of the world in terms of natural forces. Later philosophical developments fertilized the ground for deeper and more complex contemplations and speculations.
An example of layering, or emanation of deity, if we consider the perspective of Plotinus, we can take the original Form or Idea of Love as a universal principle which is a hypostasis of the Creator, or Intellectual Principle which divides an attribute from itself into a category. This Love, called Aphrodite is said to be the original Soul whose expression is simply to contemplate the Divine Intellect, yet she further emanates into the lower spheres as the Aphrodite who rules over the activities of marriage, procreation, carnal affection, etc. In terms of bodies, the Heavenly Aphrodite cannot be said to have anything to do with corporeality, whereas the second informs corporeal reality via its impulse to generation. She is better thought of as a Ray, any sense of corporeal manifestation has more to do individual perception, though this could be translated by mass affection to a body of worshippers.

Religions need a lot of defense

But really from what? A moral evaluation that may in fact have it's natural root in ...religion?

What if the gods really exist?

It is one of the ultimate classic metaphysical questions for which there is no purely objective answer available, assuming that there is really any such thing as objectivity at all. We can say the answer is subjective and leave it at that, concluding that deities and even God Himself are aspects of a deeper experience of existence against which we are mirrored - or are mirroring. But no matter what we are drawing a line somewhere in order to maintain a sense of cognitive stability in the face of the Unknown, or more aptly, the Unknowable. Put more directly, I cannot say that I know that anything exists outside of my own mind - my senses, my typing this, the notion that there is a reader or all the objects all around me could be pure illusion in which case I am all that exists, which would be a pure paradox since this perception of existence is nevertheless relational to the objects around me against which I posit myself as "I".

Occasionally I and others "see" sea gods intervening with humans
Though I can say the same, if put to the question I would have to admit that this is purely phenomenal and filtered through conditioned prejudices, many of which operate unconsciously. All of this points to maya, no matter how pure my contemplations may seem to me. But back the prior point, I would prefer to say that gods exists and that they interact with material beings for the sake of our development into higher spheres. Nihilism, which is the ultimate projection of human reasoning, is basically useless when it comes to action in the world, however transitory and relational that world may seem.

So, as to the OP's original concern, I would say pick a god and join the team, but take care to study the attributes of that deity and learn to discover how this suits needs and aspirations. Race and ethnic background merely pose a problem of one's sense of authenticity, which is an existential delusion - replace it with sincerity and have a go. Also, a good study of comparative religion with an eye towards philosophical operations (to include magic and mysticism) can only enhance one's experience.

Lila

Neophyte
Reaction score
... I am a asian and i know my family line is asian but I feel so connected to Lord Hades, Aphrodite and Osiris.

I don't presume to know your history, so only take it if it fits.

Public education in many "Western" countries has a significant focus on Egyptian mythologies for younger students, and Greek & Roman mythologies for older students. These occur at some of our formative ages, times when interests and self concept solidify, neurobiologically speaking; thus many people can trace their interest back to this time in their childhood.

If this is true for you, it may be worth exploring the deities of your ancestors regions with the view and intention of your inner child. When you shift perspective, what comes to light?

Vandheer

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I think this depends on the spesific practice.

Current grandmaster of Mo Pai lineage doesn't accept westerners anymore AFAIK. Just one example.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
it may be worth exploring the deities of your ancestors

Fuxi and Nuwa are depicted in appearance and initiatives as very similar to Osiris/Asar and Isis/Ast

Perhaps the gods have winged chariots