• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Does anyone else get bodily reactions during magick rituals?

Utterlysneaky

Neophyte
Reaction score
I do pathworking rituals for angels and sometimes demons, and whenever I get to the last line in a pathworking my head starts micro-shaking (on its own, not starting the movement myself), my mouth opens and I let out strange noises. After that it calms down and I speak my request to the entity I'm contacting. Often during a ritual (and also after), my heads tilts itself backwards and does slow swingy movements.
Someone told me I just have a relatively strong reaction to doing magick...But could those movements mean something else as well?

Utterlysneaky

Neophyte
Reaction score
There is more than one intelligence active
Well I have done many rituals with different spirits, so shouldn't that be the norm for me then? But spirits should go off and do the tasks one has tasked them with, right? Not linger around... Or how do you mean? Is it a bad thing?

Öwnchef

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Example:
1) You have the natural ability to know where things are. During your upbringing that talent got suppressed because "impossible" and "evil". Like any mighty God that gets forgotten your talent becomes a demon.
2) You summon that demon to find your stolen car. Would your talent try to stay or swiftly go away after the job was done?
3) As a matter of fact your suppressed talent aka demon will sometimes hate you for the shit you done to it. It will confront you. It will try to stay

Reaction score
Awards
I do pathworking rituals for angels and sometimes demons, and whenever I get to the last line in a pathworking my head starts micro-shaking (on its own, not starting the movement myself), my mouth opens and I let out strange noises. After that it calms down and I speak my request to the entity I'm contacting. Often during a ritual (and also after), my heads tilts itself backwards and does slow swingy movements.
Someone told me I just have a relatively strong reaction to doing magick...But could those movements mean something else as well?
During circumambulations I get dizzy. Used to trip seeing orbs of light until camera captures by candlelight revealed it. Used to smell unrelated smells - sulphur, feces, death, roses, Arctic air.
So 8t may be normal.

Reaction score
Awards
Well I have done many rituals with different spirits, so shouldn't that be the norm for me then? But spirits should go off and do the tasks one has tasked them with, right? Not linger around... Or how do you mean? Is it a bad thing?
You gave orders and license to dismiss?
How do you know it's the spirit you meant to contact?

Utterlysneaky

Neophyte
Reaction score
You gave orders and license to dismiss?
How do you know it's the spirit you meant to contact?
The pathworkings are supposed to take you to that spirit only. No license to dismiss when you do pathworkings, since the spirit doesn't come to you in a pathworking, instead you go to its place of dwelling in your imagination.

Reaction score
Awards
The pathworkings are supposed to take you to that spirit only. No license to dismiss when you do pathworkings, since the spirit doesn't come to you in a pathworking, instead you go to its place of dwelling in your imagination.
Then sidetracking your thought train like an abrupt license to dismiss might work wonders.
Here and now grounding is an excellent method.

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
It’s very common actually to have physical reactions in a trance state, if you ever read the Bible the Prophets would have reactions,

first Samuel 19:20-24
And Saul sent messengers to take David: and when they saw the company of the prophets prophesying, and Samuel standing as appointed over them, the Spirit of God was upon the messengers of Saul, and they also prophesied.

21 And when it was told Saul, he sent other messengers, and they prophesied likewise. And Saul sent messengers again the third time, and they prophesied also.

22 Then went he also to Ramah, and came to a great well that is in Sechu: and he asked and said, Where are Samuel and David? And one said, Behold, they be at Naioth in Ramah.

23 And he went thither to Naioth in Ramah: and the Spirit of God was upon him also, and he went on, and prophesied, until he came to Naioth in Ramah.

24 And he stripped off his clothes also, and prophesied before Samuel in like manner, and lay down naked all that day and all that night. Wherefore they say, Is Saul also among the prophets?

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
In my experience, thats when you have contact. Your body acts like that due to you opening freely and accepting you are the portal to different dimensions.

I can have such a reaction when speaking in a chatbox with someone spiritual and a queste.

I tried this with music and it becomes zdub, which is a form of trance dance. Subtle like you describe or sometimes heavy like spirit possession.

Reaction score
Awards
There would be times where it seemed like that, especially trying to work with Belial back about half a decade.
Then working with a few others briefly a year or two ago.

It would leave my head whooshing like I got socked in the head. Grounding by eating, walking out of the temple, etc. helped.

Vandheer

Disciple
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
I always get them. To the point I tend to think something is wrong when I don't. 😅

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
True especially comfort food and milk products. We have a dutch specialty i eat when i can hardly ground its called stamppot. Its mashed potatoes with raw andive in it, served with a smoked fat sausage and heavy fat gravy.
Whether you want it or not, after that youre grounded and acting like al bundy in married with children.

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
@Vandheer: no wonder i could feel you and feel pulled towards you every now and then.
Not a thing i personally am setting in motion btw, but more in how the flow is.

Öwnchef

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
True especially comfort food and milk products. We have a dutch specialty i eat when i can hardly ground its called stamppot. Its mashed potatoes with raw andive in it, served with a smoked fat sausage and heavy fat gravy.
Whether you want it or not, after that youre grounded and acting like al bundy in married with children.
They eat stamppot every day. Every single day. 😅