• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Help] Dream self-defense

Someone's asking for help!
Reaction score
Awards
I believe one person or more tried to attack me this week through dreams.

If this is in fact the case, how does one defend themselves in dreams or defeat baneful magic through dreams?

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Dion Fortune drew or projected a pentagram to ward off attackts, as far as I can remember. The question is whether you have agency in your dreams, control over your own actions to take measures such as this one.

Pyrokar

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
I would argue you need to fortify from the ground up.
Like before you even find yourself in the dream being attacked to take action
You might try some preliminary work before you go to sleep?
Or apply an entity servitor type thing as a guard? (to be fair i don't like that as it effectively puts you in something else's "hands" but as i understand that would be your area of expertise? )

Reaction score
Awards
Don't let my wizard form rank fool you, I'm a Zelator at best at this time. I know nothing about dreams or servitors. Perhaps you could explain a bit of both?

Pyrokar

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Im not too big into dreams either, and servitor magic per say is rather basic and mostly chaos, they require upkeep
and i caught more than one story a servitor going rogue to straigth up evil, which is why i would not put my defense up to them.
I was guessing you knew your way around entities due to the sort of work you describe in your journals.
Golden Dawn, etc are all brimming with espirits one might subscribe for something like this

So if it were me being attacked i would
lock out all the real life possibilities like who or why would be trying something like that
Second, unless they were to use a servitor of their own to harass you there has to be some sort of contact, a way for you to strike back
i uploaded a booklet on combat magic maybe that would give you some ammo?

If i were in your shoes i would think that dream recall and control matter, so lucid dreaming, lately i noticed it's been dealt with on youtube
by experienced folk, however, in order to not be a sitting duck while working on that - as i said do prep work before going to sleep
Lesser banishing might do the trick no? Middle pillar? Before anything, confirm you are targeted, that fact must be true in order to make the right moves

Reaction score
Awards
Well, all good points and will check out the books.
It could also be years of trauma in the subconscious and real life events this past year trying to seek an outlet of expression mixed with garbage.
It could also be astral lessons.
It could also be simply weird dreams, that made me wake up with a momentary racing heart.

Reaction score
Awards
I guess what occurred in the dream was when trying to throw multiple punches or trying to get up off the ground, was as if one were to try standing up to push against gravity.
How to test that?

Sally_Walker

Neophyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
I've found that if I do the protection work consistently in real life it will transfer over to dream life as well. This is by no means easy for me; it requires ongoing focus.

Xenophon

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Don't let my wizard form rank fool you, I'm a Zelator at best at this time. I know nothing about dreams or servitors. Perhaps you could explain a bit of both?
Google "lucid dreaming." There's a lot out there. The basi idea is 1) one knows he is dreaming; 2) he therefore has power to act with full volition. It's not the sort of skill one can (usually) pick up overnight. With myself it is VERY hit or miss.
In the meantime the other folks' advice is right: you need to look into the suggested modes of defense.

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I believe one person or more tried to attack me this week through dreams.

If this is in fact the case, how does one defend themselves in dreams or defeat baneful magic through dreams?
I think it’s more likely reflections of your own subconscious, it can be quite testing at times, but I feel like you might overestimate being attacked magically, in dreams, etc, it seems like you have posted about it a numerous amount of times, but I do not know your individual circumstance.

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I think you are correct on the eidelon and the subconscious both @Lemongrass00 and @Vandheer ... I think a traumatic year and shitty decade contributed greatly to a place where I could finally rest.
It could also be what’s called “the guardian of the threshold” and each time you react to it with fear, violence, etc, you do not integrate that part of you so it remains fragmented.

I myself am also struggling, as I usually fall into unconsciousness when I encounter these guardian figures. (Jung called them archetypes)