• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Book Discussion E. LIB. COGN. TENEBR.

Talk about a book(s)

btton100

Visitor
Reaction score
Hello, everyone. Recently, an electronic version of a certain manuscript has appeared on the internet, which is actually quite interesting from a magical perspective. At first, I thought it was just another fake, but judging by the discussions on some forums, the text could be quite genuine from the medieval period. I wanted to share and discuss, but perhaps I posted the topic in the wrong section.

Author unknown, E. LIB. COGN. TENEBR., electronic version, self-publishing, 2023, 132 pages.

An ancient book possessing the secret magic of darkness, written in a forgotten Latin language. Its pages, predominantly blank, seem immersed in boundless darkness, only gaining substance in the light of mysterious rituals. Enigmatic invisible, otherworldly symbols interwoven into the black lines serve as the key to concealed powers capable of awakening the magic hidden in the deepest corners of the night. This book will become an indispensable source for those who dare to master the magic concealed in the depths of the night.

Link to the document:
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

I found this book on the vast expanses of the internet, and I came across the link. As I understand it, this is an electronic version of an ancient manuscript dedicated to the magic of shadows (?). I'm not very familiar with Latin and can't understand what this book is about. Many pages of the book are blank.

As I understand it, these are not random words but abbreviated Latin, stylized in the 14-15th centuries. This is not my opinion, but on that forum, there were attempts to decipher it. There was something about shadow. I can try to pass the text through a special linguistic package. But it's unlikely to handle Latin.

For example, the title itself:

E. - an abbreviation for "ex," which means "from";
LIB. - an abbreviation for "liber," which translates as "book" or "text";
COGN. - an abbreviation for "cognitio," which means "knowledge" or "understanding";
TENEBR. - an abbreviation for "tenebrae," which translates as "darkness" or "shadow."

"From the book of knowledge in the darkness" or "From the dark text of knowledge."

First paragraph: "In ten. prof. obl. mundi, in cal. quae omnia circum., latent vir., not. tant. elect. Obs., incom. et arc., fund. mund. hoc iacet, dum nos, mort., suis superf. lab., in infinit. stellae amissi. Sed obs. non est solum abs. luc., sed res viv. quae perm. omnia sphere vitae. Ego mag. sil. et obs. abstr. ex hoc mund. anim. Tang. tact. parv. fila extend. per carn. et ossa, penetr. et corda et spir. qui quaer. arc. Iis qui sens. tang., aper. pot. mirab. Ei acqu. mag. praest., quae val. ag. super real. per cog. et lib."

Possible full version: "In tenebris profundis obliquo mundi, in caliginibus quae omnia circumdant, latent virtutes, non tantum electis. Observationes, incompletum et arcana, fundamentum mundi hoc iacet, dum nos, mortales, superfaciem eius laboramus, in infinitis stellis dispersi. Sed observatio non est solum absque lumine, sed etiam res vitalis, quae permeat omnes spherae vitae. Ego magister silentii et observationum abstractarum ex hoc mundo animas. Tanguntur. Tactus. Parvae filae extenduntur per carnem et ossa, penetrant et corda et spiritum qui quaerunt arcana. His qui sensum tangunt, aperitur potentia mirabilis. Ei acquirent magnum praestant, quae valent agere super realitatem per cogitationem et libertatem."

Translation into English: "In the darkness of the deep slopes of the world, in the surrounding darkness that encompasses everything, forces are hidden, accessible not only to the chosen. Observations, incomplete and secretive, form the foundation of this world, while we, mortals, toil on its surface, scattered among the infinite stars. But observation is not only deprived of light; it is also an animal essence that permeates all spheres of life. I am the teacher of silence and abstract observations, separating souls from this world. Touch. Tactile. Small threads extend through flesh and bone, penetrate hearts and spirits of those seeking secrets. For those who touch senses, an astonishing power is revealed. They acquire great superiority, capable of acting beyond reality through thought and freedom."

Last edited by a moderator: