• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Archive] [Ebsuru] Breathing Meditation - A Quick Guide

A thread that was copied from the original Wizard Forums.

Mart

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Hello,

Welcome to my thread on breathing meditation. I hope this thread is your first step into meditation, which can help you a lot. I'm a Buddhist and everything I am about to teach you has been passed down for centuries. I will now pass it on to you.

First of all, there are 40 different kinds of meditation. Don't let that throw you off track though, the 40 different kinds involve the same type of concentration and mindfulness. They are just focusing on different things (colors, walking, etc..,).

Today I will be teaching you the breathing meditation (ana pana sati). It is the most simple kind of meditation since you can do it anywhere. You have been breathing since your birth, but you have not really noticed it all the time. For example, you have not taken into acknowledgement that you were breathing until you saw this thread.

Step 1: Find a quiet place to meditate.
The quieter the place, the easier it is to focus. You can meditate anywhere but a quiet location will bring the best results.

Step 2: Sit in the half-lotus position.
The half-lotus position is basically just sitting cross-legged. No, you do not need to put both of your feet on your opposite lap, this is called the full-lotus position. Just sit like you used to in primary school.

Step 3: Cup your hands together and close your eyes.
This may seem confusing, but if you were following along, your position should now look like this:

vv5YpXr.jpg

Step 4: Be aware of your body.
Are your legs comfortable? Is there heat of cold there? Pick on these little details until you are fully aware of your body.

Step 5: Take some deep breaths.
Observe the flow of air to as much detail as you can go. You will be surprised about how much detail is in just the simple task of breathing.

Step 6: Let the breathing go naturally.
Don't control it, just observe it. You don't have to think to yourself "The air is going into my lungs now." Just observe it, don't tamper with it.

Step 7:
Keep doing this until you get into a trance.

Your now successfully in breathing meditation. Do this every night for 5 minutes (or more). You will see that you are more aware. You will also get better grades. I started to practice this meditation in grade 4, my marks were average. Afterwards, I got straight A's and my happiness sky-rocketed.

I hope you have enjoyed this lesson on meditation. I will be bringing you more kinds of meditation. And remember, be patient and focus as much as you can. Observe the details. Write your experiences with this meditation below, I would love to hear about them.

Have a great day,
-Ebsuru