• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Effect on placing magnet on your forehead

madebyshedrack

Visitor
Reaction score
Hey 👋 guys a friend was telling about an idea of something he saw in a forum that putting magnet on your forehead has some powerful implications, I don't know how true it's, and I don't want to use my self as a scapegoat.

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Hi there, the human body is mostly water, so you could test first with water, a magnet and a microscope. There prob will be seen a change, but if that change would help in for example opening your chakra (a little above between the brows) idk. Maybe it would be like tickling it. And if one is sensitive to it, one might get some results. Things that dont kill you make you stronger. And its safe enough to say putting a magnet on your forehead doesnt kill you. 😉

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Be careful with powerful magnets. The brain runs on voltages between cells. Magnetic fields alter voltages

"effects of magnetic field exposure on brain cell DNA in the rat were further investigated. Exposure to a 60-Hz magnetic field at 0.01 mT for 24 hr caused a significant increase in DNA single- and double-strand breaks. "
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

To be fair, some humans sleep with their heads next to walls with electric circuits producing similar fields. No one seems to care.

Robert Ramsay

Acolyte
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
There have been experiments with putting magnets on certain parts of the brain and inducing what the subjects called "religious experiences". Amusingly, they tried it with Richard Dawkins and he felt a bit dizzy.

Here's something more scientific:

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I mean, I've been in MRI machines, which are incredibly powerful magnets - you're not allowed to go in if you have any metal on you

They're pretty common and people aren't reporting mystical experiences (actually, just the boredom and sensory deprivation would probably trigger altered states sometimes - you can't move, nothing to see except the inside of a white tube, and it's very loud white noise)

So some specifically calibrated and targeted magnet like Robert's describing might do something, but just putting a random magnet on your head isn't going to, it would be a drop in the ocean compared to an MRI

Robert Ramsay

Acolyte
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
I just remember almost screwing up our telly by waving a magnet on the screen as a kid. My heart tried to climb out of my mouth when the weird colours took some moments to go away again...

Reaction score
Awards
I've put a rectangular earth magnet in my mouth and nothing bad occurred.
However the question is a fair one but a bit vague.
Qi Gong with magnets is supposed to have health benefits.
Vague: how large and powerful of the magnet?

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I think people (including myself) are going down the wrong alley - if it has an effect it's going to be a magical one, not a physiological one (magnets are just so so so much a part of everyday life. They're in everything. I learned yesterday that traffic lights use electromagnetism to sense if a car is at the stop, which is why they don't detect people walking on the road, we don't have enough metal in us.) Tinfoil hat-wearers aside, we know putting a magnet on your head won't doing anything transformational on the physical level

So me talking about MRIs is irrelevant - it's like if I was saying "hyssop doesn't actually get you that clean, you should use soap". It's the wrong paradigm. If magnets have a magical effect, it's going to be based on the history, cultural resonance and personal symbols of the practitioner.

I know about the use of lodestones in money magic, and I have the vaaaaguest recollection of Romans having some magical use for magnetic ore -

Does anyone else know more about the magical history of magnets?

Reaction score
Awards
Ghob is a difficult gnome to evoke though.
Post automatically merged:

We all have a balance naturally of electricity, and magnetism. Magic is using these to advantage of ourselves and others.

Last edited:

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Ghob is a difficult gnome to evoke though.
Very off-topic but that elemental King name has been a real thorn in my side. It's too goofy. I cannot be calling anyone ghob. it's like if I was sposed were to call him Goober or something. I can't do it.

(Gob is offensive slang for "mouth" in the UK/Aus etc. As in "shut ya gob")

Jackson

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I don't regard it as necessary to simply "open your third eye. " Your put an energy focus in your head. You have no field to see anything with.

I don't recommend necessarily developing a field without some kind of actual practice and teacher to connect with, that is, if one was going to do an eastern practice.

It doesn't do any good, just makes problems.

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
@pixel_fortune : look up info on the electric universe. its all about magnetism. back in the days i really liked nassim harramein's talks. he is nor was ever taken serious in the academic field, but since they are mostly funded i found that a pro. not saying its all truth, but he gave an open minded new view on life.

when you compare his works with that of stephen hawkin, you can find overlaps/portals in the spiritual sense as well. at least thats what i took out of it.

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
@pixel_fortune : look up info on the electric universe. its all about magnetism. back in the days i really liked nassim harramein's talks. he is nor was ever taken serious in the academic field, but since they are mostly funded i found that a pro. not saying its all truth, but he gave an open minded new view on life.

when you compare his works with that of stephen hawkin, you can find overlaps/portals in the spiritual sense as well. at least thats what i took out of it.
So I guess I was wanting to move away from science, because we already know the scientific/physical effects of magnets, and was more interested in the magical history

Like whether earlier cultures or magicians have used magnets for magical purposes, what they saw them as useful for, whether there are traditional correspondences (beyond lodestones,& money) - that's the side of things I don't really know anything about

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I think that understanding a bit about what science knows about the electric universe and magnetism helps with the way of correspondences. It also helps with the difference between make believe/placebo/snake oil and the real deal.

the fact that 2 magnets can bump without touching or stick together like one snake with 2 heads and no tail, made me wonder if like and dislikes work like that in human attraction.

When i wonder such things, in this case about magnets, i get a magnet and ask it the question. I also put it under my pillow and dream with it. I also ask my ancestors and spirits to help find the info i seek. In a more neutral form one could ask the universe to help some information coming forth.