• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Elemental Balancing

HocusPocus

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I am currently working on Franz Bardon's IIH. Alot of the steps I've done before so I am on step 3 as of right now, where I am working on inhaling the elements. But the warning is that you need to be elementally balanced with no excess of negative traits.

Wanted to ask you all (especially if you have experience with IIH) how'd you know if you reached Elemental balance? When I do elemental breathing I get sensations from the elements but also slight irritation i.e body burning up with breathing in Fire.

Pyrokar

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
You know by actually following the steps before and being honest. Elemental imbalances are obvious to anyone who isn't naturally predisposed to being bad at magick anyway. (wink wink?) But yes, if you really followed the steps you'd know because the guy explains it in detail.
Fat? Earth imbalance for example. And we can ironically conclude your previous thread on urges reveals an imbalance with fire.

No one is perfect and achieving "full" balance is certainly beyond any would be initiates on the first pages of the work, Bardon's point was the health and safety of his readers so he made it be this long and structured for that purpose. By invoking the elements you also bring all they mean with them, the traits and predispositions - thus imbalances can be harmful to the practitioner. How you gonna go run a marathon if you don't even go out on walks, the answer is you won't and you'll throw up your mothers milk about 200m down the road.
None of that really matters if you actually followed the initiation, it would be well under control. Everyone wants to skip that part, my self included but the fun opportunities that come along with that decision will certainly be educational.
Post automatically merged:

Just wait till this one guy shows up, ninja thinks he knows it all but can't get through the simplest meditation in the book- obvious air imbalance, and dude is stuck in it for x years now.
They never go back and work on or admit their faults\flaws.

Last edited:

HocusPocus

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
You know by actually following the steps before and being honest. Elemental imbalances are obvious to anyone who isn't naturally predisposed to being bad at magick anyway. (wink wink?) But yes, if you really followed the steps you'd know because the guy explains it in detail.
Fat? Earth imbalance for example. And we can ironically conclude your previous thread on urges reveals an imbalance with fire.

No one is perfect and achieving "full" balance is certainly beyond any would be initiates on the first pages of the work, Bardon's point was the health and safety of his readers so he made it be this long and structured for that purpose. By invoking the elements you also bring all they mean with them, the traits and predispositions - thus imbalances can be harmful to the practitioner. How you gonna go run a marathon if you don't even go out on walks, the answer is you won't and you'll throw up your mothers milk about 200m down the road.
None of that really matters if you actually followed the initiation, it would be well under control. Everyone wants to skip that part, my self included but the fun opportunities that come along with that decision will certainly be educational.
Post automatically merged:

Just wait till this one guy shows up, ninja thinks he knows it all but can't get through the simplest meditation in the book- obvious air imbalance, and dude is stuck in it for x years now.

You mean the steps that several of his students have labeled as confusing and unhelpful at times?

Point is you can't really know if you're a balanced person, I have my bad traits but I am overall a much calmer person. Like you said, balance is pretty much a life long goal.

Regardless I guess in your passive aggressive comments you've been SOMEWHAT helpful. So thanks for that I guess.

I suppose I'll have to deal with whatever arises and just see how it'll effect me then I'll know for sure.

Pyrokar

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
You mean the steps that several of his students have labeled as confusing and unhelpful at times?
yes. also is this meant to back up the authority of students above the teacher? kek.

I have my bad traits but I am overall a much calmer person. Like you said, balance is pretty much a life long goal.
it doesn't mean that the work should be ignored, it's the same principle as working out.
look at it this way- you have a gashing wound that won't change on it's own. do you a: ignore it and continue to make everything you attempt harder or b: stop the bleeding, evaluate why the wound happened, try to heal. and then proceed to function without handicap

trust me my comments are helpful, i wouldn't bother otherwise. But passive aggresion is something you invited already as others from the forum
who i respect have made attempts at helping, and you returned their efforts with snarky retorts, which were also incorrect but no one bothers to continue conversing as your energy is just... impolite to say the least.

I suppose I'll have to deal with whatever arises and just see how it'll effect me then I'll know for sure.

and there it is.

I'll even give you the benefit of the doubt and be purely practical:
what you need to do is sit down and do the two mirrors exercise, evaluate your traits and in that way see for yourself the balance of the elements in yourself. Be honest means to say outloud what your faults are and make an attempt to recognize them.
as previously noted, one place you can start is fire, which you're obviously aware of as a fault to be worked on.

Then, and only then, once you clipped the worst of yourself you will see progress. Or you will continue lying to yourself and keep the loop going.

HocusPocus

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
yes. also is this meant to back up the authority of students above the teacher? kek.

it doesn't mean that the work should be ignored, it's the same principle as working out.
look at it this way- you have a gashing wound that won't change on it's own. do you a: ignore it and continue to make everything you attempt harder or b: stop the bleeding, evaluate why the wound happened, try to heal. and then proceed to function without handicap

trust me my comments are helpful, i wouldn't bother otherwise. But passive aggresion is something you invited already as others from the forum
who i respect have made attempts at helping, and you returned their efforts with snarky retorts, which were also incorrect but no one bothers to continue conversing as your energy is just... impolite to say the least.

and there it is.

I'll even give you the benefit of the doubt and be purely practical:
what you need to do is sit down and do the two mirrors exercise, evaluate your traits and in that way see for yourself the balance of the elements in yourself. Be honest means to say outloud what your faults are and make an attempt to recognize them.
as previously noted, one place you can start is fire, which you're obviously aware of as a fault to be worked on.

Then, and only then, once you clipped the worst of yourself you will see progress. Or you will continue lying to yourself and keep the loop going.
No it was meant to back up their authority above you. Because they actually did it and studied under someone who did it !

I'm not arguing for ignoring it either, I think that character development is important the fact that you presumed I haven't done the two mirror exercise kind of shows you're imparting your biased of how you view me into my daily life. Like I said you were helpful in some of the things you said, I was trying to discern whether if you were generally balanced then would you experience any ill effects or bodily-unpleasantry/mental sensations were part of the overall effects of absorbing the Elements and a grounded mind-set just allows a magician to deal with these effects better . If the former is true then it's a symptom I need to revaluate and work on the foundations if the latter is true which I seem to think so from your analogy and from some other people I spoke to, then I'll just move forward and try to maintain mindfulness of the changes that occur.

Because quite frankly alot of the flaws are hard to find a way to 'resolve' for instance lust which I posted about before. I've done alot of mental evaluation and it is just a biological instinct, you can't rationalize or think your way of it. Now you can tell yourself to be controlled and calm as to avoid doing harm upon yourself and other but it never really goes away and that's why in my previous thread I was searching for ways to remove it. So to summarize my point, I was trying to figure out whether or not the imbalance will manifest themselves as symptoms giving you a strict standard OR those will come as side effects of inhaling the elements and you just build fortitude to it. Which from your analogy about the race, seems to be a more accurate view on things feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

As for people who get offended by how I post, that's on them. I've been polite to alot of people here, some seem to take offense that I don't take their advice whether it's because I think it's stupid or I just don't think it's applicable to me personally. Not everyone's advice is useful, not everyone's advice is applicable, and what works for you might not work for me, it might not even bad advice. I've never insulted anyone or said anything mean asides from one specific user I can think of. I'm leaving this here as a statement to everyone, if I don't think your opinion is right and I did not insult you in anyways that is on you to feel bad about. I don't expect you to take my opinions seriously either. That's my closing statement.

Either way thanks for whatever knowledge you've given me.

Pyrokar

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
No it was meant to back up their authority above you. Because they actually did it and studied under someone who did it !

my ninja you're the one who 1: took up the book of the guy, not his students
2: you are also the one who asked for others who have experience with it

lastly im not reading the rest of that because i can smell the bs excuses all the way from here
you know best obviously so the only mystery is why come asking for help in the first place.

You want to be a dickhead? go on. be a dickhead <3
good luck with that, i wash my hands of whatever this was.

Aeternus

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Elemental balancing is not an easy activity as one needs to understand that when you acquire a specific element, you also get its downsides. It's not just like "I inhaled fire element in my aura and I am feeling more energetic".

Sure, you will feel more energetic, but you will also be prone to anger issues and, in worst cases, in conflict with water element displacement, prone to depression.

So, elemental workings are very important and need to be carefully done, else mistakes will occur.

As for Brandon's advice, it is good to follow it as it details a lot of safety measures regarding the elements. After all, Franz Bardon was a very wise man for his time and age, he would not give wrong advice 😉

HocusPocus

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Elemental balancing is not an easy activity as one needs to understand that when you acquire a specific element, you also get its downsides. It's not just like "I inhaled fire element in my aura and I am feeling more energetic".

Sure, you will feel more energetic, but you will also be prone to anger issues and, in worst cases, in conflict with water element displacement, prone to depression.

So, elemental workings are very important and need to be carefully done, else mistakes will occur.

As for Brandon's advice, it is good to follow it as it details a lot of safety measures regarding the elements. After all, Franz Bardon was a very wise man for his time and age, he would not give wrong advice 😉

Thank you for your advice.

I was just confused since the above poster made a good point that it's hard to be PERFECTLY BALANCED and I know I need to work towards Elemental balance but WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THAT? Do you mean I shouldn't have extreme traits? Equanimity of mind?

I made my soul mirrors and actively work on them but whenever I inhaled fire I always get some burning sensations in my nervous system and irritations. I incorrectly assumed that when you inhale Fire you'll feel warm and fuzzy inside if you're balanced. So from all the things I've pieced together you need to be seriously self-aware and know when you're at a disbalance and address those negative traits.

The background work so are that you are aware of your negative habits and reduce them as much as possible before and during your serious elemental works.

If I wrote anything wrong let me know.

As for following the book. I got you, I tried to make sure I achieved alot of the previous steps before I moved onto this one, the problem is the language and wording sounds unrealistic at times so I always like to check with people and find their practical experience.

Aeternus

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Thank you for your advice.

I was just confused since the above poster made a good point that it's hard to be PERFECTLY BALANCED and I know I need to work towards Elemental balance but WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THAT? Do you mean I shouldn't have extreme traits? Equanimity of mind?

I made my soul mirrors and actively work on them but whenever I inhaled fire I always get some burning sensations in my nervous system and irritations. I incorrectly assumed that when you inhale Fire you'll feel warm and fuzzy inside if you're balanced. So from all the things I've pieced together you need to be seriously self-aware and know when you're at a disbalance and address those negative traits.

The background work so are that you are aware of your negative habits and reduce them as much as possible before and during your serious elemental works.

If I wrote anything wrong let me know.

As for following the book. I got you, I tried to make sure I achieved alot of the previous steps before I moved onto this one, the problem is the language and wording sounds unrealistic at times so I always like to check with people and find their practical experience.
You're welcome 😊.

I've been following Franz Bardon's work and even though I struggled some times with his wording, well, I managed to get through and learn a lot related to the Elements.

You need to be aware of course when you have an imbalance, address the problem by first finding it and then resolve it. That is what you need to do in order to balance your elements.

It's not easy at first but, consistent learning about elements and certain patterns of addressing imbalance problems will make you, after some time, an expert in identifying imbalances. Practice is key!

You can read here about elemental imbalances and how to identify symptoms of imbalance for each element:

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

HocusPocus

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
You're welcome 😊.

I've been following Franz Bardon's work and even though I struggled some times with his wording, well, I managed to get through and learn a lot related to the Elements.

You need to be aware of course when you have an imbalance, address the problem by first finding it and then resolve it. That is what you need to do in order to balance your elements.

It's not easy at first but, consistent learning about elements and certain patterns of addressing imbalance problems will make you, after some time, an expert in identifying imbalances. Practice is key!

You can read here about elemental imbalances and how to identify symptoms of imbalance for each element:

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
Oh these are the same elemental balance as the ones in Kung fu?

Amur

Disciple
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards

There is a ritual for this.

HocusPocus

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards

There is a ritual for this.
I saw that!

Quick question, are the pentagrams online to search them up and how often do you do prescribe doing the ritual?