• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Help] Elemental Practices?

Someone's asking for help!

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Hello all, after intensive study for a few months in order to chart out my magick journey I wish to undertake, I have decided to implement elemental work, mostly from a standpoint of spiritual development (I.e integrating the positive qualities of the elements into my psyche) but also occasionally some practical uses too.

I understand it is popular to start dissecting the elements individually, and it seems starting with Earth is the logical step to do.

My practices currently involve invoking the element using the same formula as the LBRP, as well as some earth meditation/ integration exercises from various books I’ve read.

for those who practice elemental magick, what are your favorite rituals to help connect you better with that energy? Specifically earth?

thanks all.

Reaction score
Awards
Earth is possibly the best element. All four elements in the microcosm at once.
LIRP, QC, MPR, candle rituals using NLP/affirmations. All I know at the moment.
LIRP connects you to the element and opens the gate.
QC - Reminds us of the law of correspondence as well as the equal armed Cross.
MPR - by the time you hit the ground area, your knees should get weak, as the divine light streams down and through.
Elemental invocation and communion.
Modern Magick has some added exercises.
Rite of Elemental Equalibriation per the Cicero's book Scrying on the tree of life.
Making element related talismans.

Last edited:

stalkinghyena

Labore et Constantia
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I've found that the best way for me to connect with elemental energies is to suffer their afflictions against my consciousness. Working in broiling heat, bitter cold, soaking wet and under oppressive weight has taught me that detachment and patience in adverse conditions give a kind of adaptable mastery that can in turn be applied to the more subtle aspects of magic.

I have tried many exercises such as "pore breathing", tattvas contemplation and invocation rituals, but this is like foreplay to me. I realized in the midst of affliction that I need affliction to establish the awareness and connection. The phenomenology of affliction - that is, in terms of exhaustion and pain - becomes a meditation of endurance which impresses on the subconscious an ability to overcome the elemental powers of its own accord, and thus to command. In this understanding how to command the elements in myself due to the conditioning of their affliction, any rites or relevant symbologies take on a meaning that is immediate to my sensory awareness.

I realize this is a "negative" perspective, but to be oppressed by Earth, as an example, to suffer physical and emotional weight and hardness, subterranean darkness and also the greed of corporeality opens inner "pores" to the fecundity of creation and growth which arises out of that element. Ritual solidifies these actions in a kind of poetic gesture where the experiences are sealed in the subtle language of the symbolic actions.

Reaction score
Hello all, after intensive study for a few months in order to chart out my magick journey I wish to undertake, I have decided to implement elemental work, mostly from a standpoint of spiritual development (I.e integrating the positive qualities of the elements into my psyche) but also occasionally some practical uses too.

I understand it is popular to start dissecting the elements individually, and it seems starting with Earth is the logical step to do.

My practices currently involve invoking the element using the same formula as the LBRP, as well as some earth meditation/ integration exercises from various books I’ve read.

for those who practice elemental magick, what are your favorite rituals to help connect you better with that energy? Specifically earth?

thanks all.

The LBRP doesn't evoke anything except arguably the awarness of spirit through the banishing of outward materia. While LIRP invokes neither LBRP or LIRP is actually solely Earth. They are general banishing and invoking respectively. If you have to think of them as Earth, think of them as planetary or composite earth, that is to say Alchemical Terra which contains the other three and is the one thing turned to Earth as spirit is the one thing turned to the heavens. The LBRP is the turning of lead into Gold.

For an actual specifically Earth pentagram make sure it has the Kerubic sign of Earth in it.

If you are going to be working with elementals:
I. Read Paracelsus
II. Read the Greek philosophers on the elements
III. See Regardi's Complete Golden Dawn, there's a page on the rulers and Kings, giving you a chain of authority.
IV. Most Wiccan magic is elemental in nature, a lot of it drawing of the Golden Dawn and trad Wicca also from Solomonic sources.

Learn the difference between the airts and the astrological sequence of elements and also figure out in which directions the elements are in the land around you. There is no wrong way to cast a circle but only one right way to cast a specific kind of circle which denotes a specific space- any untold ways of casting an imbalanced circle.

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
The LBRP doesn't evoke anything except arguably the awarness of spirit through the banishing of outward materia. While LIRP invokes neither LBRP or LIRP is actually solely Earth. They are general banishing and invoking respectively. If you have to think of them as Earth, think of them as planetary or composite earth, that is to say Alchemical Terra which contains the other three and is the one thing turned to Earth as spirit is the one thing turned to the heavens. The LBRP is the turning of lead into Gold.

For an actual specifically Earth pentagram make sure it has the Kerubic sign of Earth in it.

If you are going to be working with elementals:
I. Read Paracelsus
II. Read the Greek philosophers on the elements
III. See Regardi's Complete Golden Dawn, there's a page on the rulers and Kings, giving you a chain of authority.
IV. Most Wiccan magic is elemental in nature, a lot of it drawing of the Golden Dawn and trad Wicca also from Solomonic sources.

Learn the difference between the airts and the astrological sequence of elements and also figure out in which directions the elements are in the land around you. There is no wrong way to cast a circle but only one right way to cast a specific kind of circle which denotes a specific space- any untold ways of casting an imbalanced circle.
You can invoke any element with LIRP, I just change the direction of the pentagram, use the earth godname and the earth archangel.

I will look into those other resources. I am building my practice the more I learn about the theory and details.

Reaction score
You can invoke any element with LIRP, I just change the direction of the pentagram, use the earth godname and the earth archangel.

I will look into those other resources. I am building my practice the more I learn about the theory and details.

No, you cannot, as the LIRP does not use elemental pentagrams. You are invoking all of the elemental forces in the given quarter, in other words, undifferentiated spirit as is perceptible to you in Assiah. The LBRP is banishing outer elemental perceptions to undifferentiated spirit at your center, a column of light. The moment you start working with specific elements you are no longer working with the Lesser Ritual but the Supreme Ritual minus the Enochian, with the caveat that there are differences in the attribution of divine names to the quarters.

Originally there was no GRP. It came later as a de-Enochianed version of the SRP.

Many practitioners wrongly presume the LBRP is elemental in nature and go their whole path practicing it wrong. The reasons for this are numerous but generally it was represented in many books in decades past, and so that's how their teachers learned it and then propagated it until then. You see these incorrect versions plastered all over the internet and even in newer GD books that are otherwise solid.

Check the Stella Matutina.

Eventually what you are doing changing the pentagrams, names and angels is fine...as long as you include the proper Kerubic sign, but at that point it is no longer the same ritual..ie GRP )nerfed-SRP territory.
Post automatically merged:

Also check out the commentary on the LBRP in Aaron Leitch's Solomonic Magic group on Facebook.

Vandheer

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards

Is this Damien Echols school of thought?

LRP deals with Earth-Spirit pentagram, while Greater rites of Pentagram have all ten configurations, AFAIK.

He must have modified the rites.

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Is this Damien Echols school of thought?

LRP deals with Earth-Spirit pentagram, while Greater rites of Pentagram have all ten configurations, AFAIK.

He must have modified the rites.
Yes, he is the best person I’ve found to explain it. I am not familiar with the others, I’m just trying to piece things together that I find and compile it.

Reaction score
Awards
There is a LIRP exercise found in Christopher's book for the Zelator.
Bright green flame.
Draw the invoking LRP for earth, while vibrating ADONAI HA ARETZ.
Draw Kerubic bull in center and vibrate ADONAI.
There you complete the east quarter and repeat in all three remaining quarters.
Call the archangels as normal.
QC is optional.
There is actually more to it, but I've done that alone with fair results.
Post automatically merged:

Wanted to ask you, have you re-read Modern Magick by Donald Kraig? For each of the grades, he lists exercises for practical feeling for the element worked.
Nothing says at Zelator or Theoricus that you cannot do witchcraft, elemental magick or whatnot ... As the cosmic elements are worked through in Zelator, you may find use of elemental witchcraft or Core Shamanism to be helpful in working sub elements ... Or Enochian for that matter. Make the calls for EHNB/tablet of union (first and second), then the call for NANTA and invoke the sub element cross and do your working after invocations.

Last edited: