• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Tutorial] Empty handed elemental sorcery 2

Informative post.

Noth

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Greetings Wizard Fourms,

In the pervious post in this series I showcased a technique of elemental sorcery that blends the transmissive nature of the Air Element with the nourishing and emotional nature of the Water Element. The result being the creation of new and customized
emotional states, a powerful and practical tool for any magician.

I've always been a big fan of building on techniques, so once we have our Air/Water exercise down, let's build on it by adding some fire; and let's look at how we can project a degree of influence over others in our immediate environment.

Before attempting this one should already be familiar and adept with the technique shown here. It is also advisable to avoid this technique if one has issues with keeping a balanced and harmonious emotional/mental state. This technique won't destroy your life, but if you don't know how to get back to baseline you could suffer from a number of issues.

A word on Fire
Like Water, Fire is a primal element and sits on one end of a pole. Fire is expansive, quick, and tied to the force of Life itself. Fire can bring "life" to the better (and worse) parts of ourselves. We will be using it to bring life to the words we sank into ourselves from the pervious post.

For caution's sake, we will be using only a small amount of Fire in our technique. Seriously, you don't need a lot of it to make this technique work.

Adding to Our Technique
After allowing the emotionally charged water words to sink into yourself (and again, I find it helpful to sink them into my bones, ymmv) we will "start a fire" inside ourselves.

The Breath of Fire is useful in getting the fire started, however there are many alternatives. The key is to actually feel the real, physical heat. Once felt, it is easier to move around the body with our active imagination.

(Try it out for yourself first if you don't have experience with moving energy. I've spent hours moving the elements around my body, and one can pick it up fairly quick.)

Once we have a good fire going inside ourselves we can send this fire into our midsection. From here, we can then pull the previously charged Water from our bones into our midsection.

What does this do? It introduces Water to Fire.

Combining the two in the physical world results is steam, smoke, and likely an absence of fire. However as we are adding the astral/spiritual equivalent we get an astral/spiritual version of steam. I often feel this not as a warm or cold feeling, but rather an expansion or inflation in my midsection.

We just created a more lively form of Air that retains the qualities we gave to our Water in the pervious technique.

From here, I release the newly enlivened Air out of my pores and into my immediate area. Make sure to expel all the Air into your immediate area. This has the effect of influencing both the emotions and at times, surface level thoughts of those around the person practicing this technique.

This technique is similar to Bardon's room loading, only here I have found that this is more specific. Loading a room with an element or emotion is wonderful for a passive effect, this technique seems to prompt people into action, or at least it has the effect of making them more suggestable and likely to take the action we desire.

Personal success
With this technique I have:

Won over my managing director, and several V.P.s in the boardroom, helping them get excited about the merits of my proposal.

Roused a group of friends to get up and head out into the forests or mountains with me.

Won many card games by exciting a frustrated feeling in my opponents around the card table. (All is fair in Love, War, and Magic the Gathering)

What this will not do
As wonderful as this technique is, it definitely has its limits. You won't actually be controlling or dominating anyone. If anyone is influenced by this technique, they were likely open to taking the action (or slipping into the emotional state) we wanted in the first place, we just helped.

May your Fire burn brightly,
N0th

Noth

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Thank you both!

My aim with this series is to show newer magicians just how fun, and easy(ish) this type of magic can be.

Öwnchef

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
You are doing god's work there. Very appreciated indeed.

Ancient

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
As a beginner to practice, I really enjoy these and look forward to future exercises from you. I’ve been doing basic elemental/energy movement since I was a child and never realized it was a thing, just seemed like a fun little game. Now that I’ve a direction to aim, it’s time to explore a little more.

Noth

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
I'm glad you like these. I am a big proponent on seeing this type of magic like a game.

It adds an element of creativity and childlike awe.