• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Energy Work systems

Reaction score
Awards
Im not giving up on attempting at least Fire Dragon Qi Gong, but would like to explore the other several books, perhaps with use of the breathing book @Sage uploaded. But I would like to know besides Qi Gong, what energy work systems exist.

I know for a fact Egypt and likely Mesopotamia knew, the Eastern Asia world to India knew, but what of other continents?

Al-Zalaam

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Im not giving up on attempting at least Fire Dragon Qi Gong, but would like to explore the other several books, perhaps with use of the breathing book @Sage uploaded. But I would like to know besides Qi Gong, what energy work systems exist.

I know for a fact Egypt and likely Mesopotamia knew, the Eastern Asia world to India knew, but what of other continents?

Depending on your definition of "energy work", the entire Elemental Magic system as taught by Bardon would fall under that banner.
Many modern texts teach about incorporating the use of the Elements through rituals and whatnot, but Elemental Magic needs no such thing and the few serious magicians I know personally don't bother using any kinds of rituals to work with the Elements.
I should mention that this Elemental system includes the Vital Force, which is the same force utilized in other traditions under different names ("Od"/"chi"/"life force"/"vril" etc.).

Reaction score
Awards
Depending on your definition of "energy work", the entire Elemental Magic system as taught by Bardon would fall under that banner.
Many modern texts teach about incorporating the use of the Elements through rituals and whatnot, but Elemental Magic needs no such thing and the few serious magicians I know personally don't bother using any kinds of rituals to work with the Elements.
I should mention that this Elemental system includes the Vital Force, which is the same force utilized in other traditions under different names ("Od"/"chi"/"life force"/"vril" etc.).
Excellent point, thank you.

Still seeking more opinions on it, will be researching it myself.