• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Enochian Rose Cross Ritual

Yazata

Staff member
Sentinel
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I joke about synchronicities but you don't know half of it.
Nevermind.

Here is something that I have been working on / with for a few weeks now.
This is a ritual to gather energy for either yourself or to charge a talisman.

+

21st May 1564
Nalvage maketh a crosse toward the 4 quarters of the World”
(A True & Faithful Relation)

This line triggered an idea in me for a rewrite of the RC Ritual that I combined with several other things I wrote up in recent times. I pitched it to stalkinghyena who kindly smiled (I think..) and suggested I'd take a look at Donald Tyson's book “Tetragrammaton”.
After reading a couple of pages from it I had to stop as it was killing my flow (or the idea that I was doing something original). So I tweaked what I had written a bit to avoid any suggestions of copypasting and didn't (dare to) check if D.T. had already typed up the rest of the following.

So, friends
(because I know only friends read this),
here is the

ENOCHIAN
ROSE CROSS
RITUAL

+

(steps 1-6 = the Enochian Cabalistic Cross)

Facing East:
Bring your hands together as in prayer and then extend your arms straight up above your head and make the Fire Triangle,
bring your palms together as you lower your arms and touch your forehead, and during this
Vibrate
AAAA...

Bring your arms down to your genitals in a straight line and make the Water Triangle
Vibrate
CLONDOH

Bring your right hand up in a straight line to your Heart and from there extend the arm horizontally to your right side
Vibrate
LONSHI

Bring the left hand up in a straight line to your Heart and from there extend the arm horizontally to your left side
Vibrate
BUSD

Bring the hands together in prayer at your Heart as you
Vibrate
IOIAD

Vibrate
AMEN

Turn to face WEST

(step 7 – 10 = the Circle of Crosses)

Raise the right arm vertically and keep the left arm at your side

Keeping the arm fully extended, lower it until you point to the ground beneath / between your feet (making half of a standing circle) and as you do so
Vibrate
I

Bring the right hand up to your heart in a straight line and then move it across your chest, over your left shoulder, until your right arm is (nearly) extended fully towards your left
Keeping the arm fully extended, move it horizontally until you point to your right (making half of a laying circle) and as you do so
Vibrate
A

Bring the right hand back to your heart and then extend the arm right in front of you, pointing to the center of the big cross you have just traced

Move your hand towards the right of the center, approximately the length of your hand
( = the length from the tip of your middle finger to the base of your palm)

From there trace a counterclockwise circle around the center of the cross whilst vibrating
O

Then bring your hand back to the center of the cross and
Vibrate
YOD
Bring your hand back to your Heart and turn 90 degrees to your left

Repeat step 7 completely but instead of YOD you vibrate HEH

Repeat step 7 completely but instead of YOD you vibrate VAV

Repeat step 7 completely but instead of YOD you vibrate HEH

You are again facing West

If you are performing this Ritual to restore or load up on Energy then you can stay facing this direction, but if you want to empower an (Elemental) Talisman then it would be a good idea to already turn towards that quarter.

The Elements here are:

WEST = FIRE
SOUTH = WATER
EAST = AIR
NORTH = EARTH

(step 11 – 12 = the Center)

You are now standing in a sphere that is built from crosses and in the hearts of these 4 crosses you have traced circles.
Above and beneath you is a cross as well – visualize the circles there without physically making the gesture, so that you are now in a sphere of 6 crosses with 6 circles.
Bring your hands together in front of your Heart as in prayer and make a long
“Hiss”
S
you are making the sound of the letter Shin – the 5th letter of the Name YHShVH – the letter of the 5th Element. The other 4 letters were vibrated in full as YOD-HEH-VAV-HEH) but here,
rather than vibrating SHIN you make a long Shhhhh,
the hiss of … the Serpent..
This hissing has been used in Magick for a very long time, it is also a part of certain rituals in the PGM, its purpose is to

...protect against the gods and to appease them, as well as to call forth the stellar demons (…) hissing is used to describe the sound of snakes. But here it is also meant as the sign of Silence”
(Mithrasliturgie – Dieterich)

the letter, the sound, therefore is both banishing and invoking – it is the center

Raise your hands and spread your legs so that your body is one big X

Even though the Formula of LVX isn't a part of the (old-riginal) Rose Cross, I wanted to include parts of it here for the symbolism.
When you look at your right hand, with your palm facing you, all fingers together but the thumb in a 90 degree angle to the side, you see an L.
Right hand, the “male” and active force,
If you look at your left hand in that same position (and just pretend that you have slightly tilted it..) you see a V.
Left hand, the “female” force.
If you then, keeping your hands like that, cross your arms over your chest, you make a large X and the “male” and “female” hands (have switched but still) spell

L V
X

Now, this whole “analysis of the Keyword” doesn't have to be included, but assuming the form of X is vital.
There is namely another layer to the letter X, or rather the shape.
In the secret alphabet of Malachim the letter Peh is written as an X.
Peh is “the mouth” and thus means eating / nourishment.

So, now that you are standing in this position:

Visualize a widdershins spiral of energy coming from the center of the Universe, through Kether above your head, into your Heart
and at the same time (likewise) a widdershins spiral of energy coming from the center of the Earth, through Malkuth beneath your feet, into your Heart.

Feel the energy glowing and growing in Tiphareth in your chest.

As I said, this can be a ritual to “simply” replenish your energy levels – in which case you stand like this for as long as you wish (or until the position becomes uncomfortable) and then you place your feet back together, bring your hands back together over your Heart and “hiss” once more before continuing with step 13.

If you are doing this to empower a Talisman however:

When you feel you have collected enough energy and are ready to send it through the appropriate portal (elemental circle of the direction you are facing – see the correspondences above or below),
you bring your feet back together,
slowly bring your hands to your heart in the gesture of prayer
(think of the “feminine hands”)
then step bring your hands, in a straight line forward, from your heart to the center of the elemental circle and “cast” the orb of energy / “give birth to the Child”

As you do this
vibrate the word associated with the elemental quarter:

Fire / West
ShI = offering / gift

Water / South
SheH = Lamb / young goat

Air / East
ShU (really ShVM) = to place

Earth / North
SheH = Lamb / young goat

(the translations of the words / sounds are relevant enough to be meaningful here)

Bring your hands back together in prayer over your Heart and
“hiss”

Turn back to face East and repeat step 1 – 6 the Enochian Cabalistic Cross

That's it baby!

+

tldr:

Enochian Cabalistic Cross
Turn to the West and cast the Circle of Crosses IAO
Widdershins YHVH
Shin
X
Spirals
Giving Birth
Enochian Cabalistic Cross

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Even though the Formula of LVX isn't a part of the (old-riginal) Rose Cross,
I didn't realise that! Is that just because it's done after the hex rite, so it's already been done, or it's just not necessary for the RC at all?

(I hate the analysis of the keyword)

Yazata

Staff member
Sentinel
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I am an idiot. The analysis is part of the original RC it's just that I never used it like that in the Rose Cross and in the Hexagram ritual it totally faded away because the symbolism doesn't fit with me (I feel no connection at all with Egyptianism)
Thanks for pointing it out 🤟

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I am an idiot. The analysis is part of the original RC it's just that I never used it like that in the Rose Cross and in the Hexagram ritual it totally faded away because the symbolism doesn't fit with me (I feel no connection at all with Egyptianism)
Thanks for pointing it out 🤟
Ahaha dammit. I was hoping i could cut it

One of my many issues with it is that the YMCA gestures are goofy as hell - your subtle version of the LVX letters here is a big improvement

Yazata

Staff member
Sentinel
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Aww. Thanks Pixel
I myself am doing this daily at the moment as a part of "something" and I only make the X stance.