• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Evil eye thoughts

Gregorius

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
havnt really found anything on here abt the whole evil eye thing

Jackson

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
tHE ancient people's believe it is akin to a curse if someone looks at you askew, something to that effect.

Big goddess Innana/Ishtar was considered a protector against it.

Here you have something.
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I just uploaded a contemporary book on the subject, don't know if it's good or not. You find references to the Evil Eye here and there in books, mostly on connection with amulets or other means of magical protection. I briefly wondered why nobody has yet explained how to actively cast the Evil Eye instead of merely passively protecting against it until I remembered this passage from Peter J. Caroll's "Liber Null & Psychonaut":

The legend of the evil-eye derives from the ability of wizards and sorcerers to give a fixed dead stare. This ability can be practiced against any object — a mark on a wall, something in the distance, a star in the night sky — anything. To hold an object with an absolutely fixed, unwavering gaze for more than a few moments proves extraordinarily difficult, yet it must be persisted in for hours at a time. Every attempt by the eye to distort the object, every attempt by the mind to find something else to think of, must be resisted.

However, these instructions are part of his "Object Concentration" exercises belonging to his preparatory program (what we would call "groundwork" today) including meditation, breathing, etc. and are not designed to develop 'optical curse abilities'.

Jackson

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
A remarkable, practical illustration of a tradition I would have generally taken as experimental and thin. With more traditions generally involving icons or pictures, it's practice obviously applies to more than sigils.
Post automatically merged:

e.g. deceased gurus

Last edited:

Shaman

Zealot
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
It's very easy to cast evil eye, just look at someone with evil intention. Then imagine you throwing all that built-up negative emotions at them.

Reaction score
It's very easy to cast evil eye, just look at someone with evil intention. Then imagine you throwing all that built-up negative emotions at them.

Even if some people work that way i'm not sure it's the most common evil eye technique used. 🤗

It seems like classic evil eye starts either from jealousy or constant ill thoughts towards someone.

People who cast an evil eye (just like natural energy vampyre) arent aware at all of magickal techniques BUT they have a strong will in that way that create the same effect.

Another classic evil eye case is thinking a rumoured witch/sorcerer cast you one, so you create the thoughtform yourself. Bardon says some people create themselves a life of misery just by thinking one person give them an evil eye (while the witch didnt know any piece of sh*t about magick ahah)