• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Book Report Excerpt from Helios Unbound: outline of the process & a partial review

A post detailing the poster's experience/thoughts with a book.

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
An excerpt from the intro to Helios Unbound. In context it comes across as slightly less harsh, but I've just put in the details you would need to know, specifically for the people hanging out for this book to be scanned.

It's a total 2 and a half hours' practice a day for 7 months, although that includes a) all your standard ritual practice, LRP, LRH, etc etc as well as a broader range of studies such as planetary invocations, astrology, etc etc. You'd get some worthwhile magical practice and education in, it's not just praying for 2 hours straight. Of course this compares well to Abramelin and it's certainly (to me) more interesting

In terms of materia, there's nothing that tricky, although there's a lot of candles. I counted 184 for the whole 7 month process. (Eg there's one ritual that requires 28 tealights, a lunation thing I think)

I am absolutely not ready to commit to this, but I have nevertheless found the information and rituals in it to be excellent and there are parts I am going to introduce into my practice. The opening chapters have a fine if fascinating stuff in them. I consider it a worthwhile purchase even though I'm not going to enact the whole process yet

And here's the excerpt:

HELIOS UNBOUND PROCESS OUTLINE

The First Month:
involves confession, purification, consecration, and the framing of a vow to carry on the work. The idea is to break down what is wrong with a person and their life and return misused power towards the will of their Higher Genius.

The Second Month: invokes the balancing of the elements within the sphere of sensation to bring the person into a balance between the various aspects of themselves. This balancing mirrors some of the work which would typically be done in a magical order.

The Third Month: shows how the Ancients used the sacred Greek language and texts to connect to the more abstract aspects of the divine self. It uses an adapted continental German Rosicrucian technique to begin the process of drawing the Higher Genius to the Lower.

The Fourth Month: opens the person up to their astrological destiny and the seven planetary powers. Using their chart, the magician works with the spirits behind the planets to understand how they work, starting with the most abstract expression of the planetary forces and moving down to their "earthing." Rather than sitting back and being a victim to these spirits, the magician opens a line of communication with those forces and understands how to co-operate with them.

The Fifth Month: works with the Moon, which was a crucial spiritual force in the ancient world. Nature and everything within it are under the Moon's direct control. The magician discovers the spirits which rule a person as the Moon goes through her mansions in the sky throughout the year and invokes their Moon spirit.

The Sixth Month: expands the astrological work to the spirits of the twelve zodiacal signs and the spirits of the decans and the underused Hellenistic Lot astrology. The Ancient Egyptians saw the Decan spirits as vital forces over a person's destiny and these spirits show the instincts of a person and their life direction.

The Seventh Month: This is the last month of the seven-month programme which ends with a weekend retreat where the magician is cut off from the rest of the world to await the arrival of their Higher Genius. The first three weeks are equally crucial at building up the magical pressure to attain this goal. Ritual work increases as the magician encounters more abstract Pagan Angels and invokes the forces of Divine Love, which help them unite to their Higher Genius.

The Retreat: The Retreat is three-day working through an intense ritual programme. With the world silenced, you focus entirely on the goal of meeting your Higher Genius.

Day One: The theme of the first day is death and destruction. It is a central part of any initiation system to involve the candidate's spiritual death so that they might awaken to their new spiritual life
The first sequence includes the initial invocation and the lighting of the sacred candle, which begins the final process. The candle acts as a beacon (or Pharos) throughout the entire retreat and is a physical symbol of your Higher Genius. This creates an immediate reaction where the candidate is forced to confront themselves as the God Serapis and dying. The second sequence focuses on the death process and the return to the Chaos from which you were born. The Third sequence is a journey into the Egyptian underworld and meeting the spirits there while seeing your own Higher Genius awakening.

Day Two: Today's theme is of ascension and immortalisation. The first sequence involves invoking the higher Pagan angelic forces to provide you with a ladder to ascend to more rarefied spiritual states which only become accessible after "death." The second sequence attempts to meet the spiritual forces behind all gods and angels - the seven rays on Helios' crown. The third sequence is an ascension through the levels to have a vision of a form of your Higher Genius and the Fates. This ritual seeks to grant a vision of your immortal aspects and see the Hero within.

Day three: The last day of the process is Know Yourself which involves a ritual which is designed to cause the barriers between the magician and their Higher Genius to break down and for you to begin direct communication. The first sequence is a ritual invocation to your Higher Genius this then merges into a second sequence in which you chant until you have a Higher Genius experience.

The Helios Unbound process works by providing consistent and powerful symbols which remind the person that their Higher Genius is within them. This process creates "an acceptable illusion" that the magician is ascending towards their Higher Genius as it simultaneously advances towards them. The reality is that over an intense period, you are hammering your Lower Self until it accepts the truth of the divine spark within and integrates that knowledge.

During that time, the magician learns the outline of a Pagan magician system which acts as a trellis upon which a spiritual rose can grow. They invoke their Higher Genius three times a day for seven months alongside a practice called Prima Materia which is a sequence of exercises where the person rehearses what it is like if they had already obtained their spiritual goals and united with their Higher Genius.

I should warn people who are trying this that such an intense approach to magic requires more dedication and focus than many will have in them. If they complete it, they will be better magicians than I ever was when I started. The process is heavy on the practical but is based around a core of ancient theoretical esoteric teaching, which I hope to develop in later books so that the full system can be
seen.

My advice is to read through the entire book to see the whole system from start to finish so that there are no surprises. In your spare time read anything you can find from the reading list. I also recommend that you take a course in Hellenistic astrology or work through Chris Brennan's recently published book HellenisticA strology: The Study of Fate and Fortune.
Gather all the equipment in advance and make a few dry runs at following the schedule. Once you start you must be stubborn - fighting with yourself, your family, work and hobbies to stick to the plan for seven months.

The spiritual forces behind this book hope that its use will help 21st-century people push past the barriers which are confining their spirituality. Rather than making the process easier, which has so far has not produced enough adepts, it condenses it and makes it harder. A 21st-century person must push themselves to overcome the weaknesses of their generation so that they can either start their magical career or empower their existing spiritual progress.

The book's power depends on repeating a series of daily exercises three times a day without fail. There are three sessions connected to various times of the day. Waking, sleeping, and Mid-day. One of these can be the "main session" and is likely to be the night-time session. The two supporting sessions are half an hour each. The main session is an extra hour long, meaning that you will be dedicating two and a half hours a day to the process.

The last few days of the seven-month process will need you to be isolated from other people to begin the work of integrating your Higher Genius.

Good luck and may you find your destiny.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Oops, a misleading autocorrect error

It says "The opening chapters have a fine if fascinating stuff in them" - it's meant to say "a tonne of fascinating stuff"