• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Exorcism process

Reaction score
Awards
So if cleaning fails, if license to dismiss fails, what is the best process for getting rid of any and all unwanted spirits?

There is apparently one or two people asking the same thing.

I also ask as there is more than one religion in the world. So a cross culture view might be cool.

Reaction score
Awards
My experiences:
Priest consultation.
Psychiatric recommendation.

Yelling out Jesus can do wonders.
Prayer and fasting can do wonders.
Revoking all legal bindings is necessary.

William66

Solomonic practitioner
Reaction score
Awards
So if cleaning fails, if license to dismiss fails, what is the best process for getting rid of any and all unwanted spirits?

There is apparently one or two people asking the same thing.

I also ask as there is more than one religion in the world. So a cross culture view might be cool.
sulfur and asafetida , they hate them smells. Asafetida powder you can get at food stores.
Banish, banish and banish :)

Reaction score
Awards
That's what I thought to, Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram or Spirit Active Invoking, Banishing Ritual of the Hexagram, Rose Cross Ritual, smoke and fire consecration, sea salt and cayenne perimeter, annointed oil cross on every surface and entry way, disposal of all occult items or second hand items.

Reaction score
Awards
Speaking of, should do that in my place as a precaution.

It seems to me that generally possession signs fall into four groups:
1. Psychiatric disorder/drug abuse.
2. Normal settling sounds of house.
3. Minor infestation.
4. Full or partial possession.

Yazata

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Banish with confidence. Don't keep questioning or worrying or cracking open the window to doubt so that whatever can stick it's big toe back in.
If LBRP is to friendly or whatever, use the Star Ruby as it is given by Crowley. Bellow, roar and stomp your foot. Be in control of your mind.

Roma

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Don't give in to every single thought that pops up.

There are thoughts being put into the brain from other sources than the human mind.

Also it is common that the mind intelligence has been strongly programmed through parents, schools, churches etc so that it uses the program rather than considering reality.

And as you point out there there are many substances that render the human brain easily captured. Nicotine is popular for that purpose.

stalkinghyena

Labore et Constantia
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
The first expression of your Will should be dominance over your Self. If some negative force is bothering you and you want to get rid of it, then you have to go to war. Ritual actions can be tactically useful, but they must be fueled by an intensity of emotion that is imperious and even pissed off. This doesn't necessarily end when the banishings are done. Spiritual warfare can be a long struggle in which you are a warrior and martyr at the same time.

So, another song for personal jihads:

"In peace there's nothing so becomes a man
As modest stillness and humility:
But when the blast of war blows in our ears,
Then imitate the action of the tiger..."

Of course, this varies from person to person.

KjEno186

Disciple
Staff member
Jr. Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Both Phil Hine and Lon Milo Duquette recommend invocation/evocation of Ganesha. Duquette points out that Ganesha is one of the most popular deities worshipped on Earth today, and one need not be a devout Hindu to call upon this god. In chapter 11 of his book, Low Magick, Duquette provides his own Ganesha invocation and banishing ritual. "Pop Goes Ganesha!"

Phil Hine writes in Condensed Chaos that Ganesha is the Binder of Demons and says, "the Upa Parana details eight incarnations of Ganesha, who fought and overcame obsessional demons..." He ends the topic by pointing out "that Ganesha is very much a Playful God as it seems to be most effective to approach most kinds of Ego magic from a condition of Playful Relaxation than Grim Determination."

Sunshine and laughter are two powerful mental cleaning agents. Here's a meditation for you: Absent a mental cleansing, how much benefit will be gained by forcing a demon to "leave" when it will simply come back again to the same dirty mind after you're gone?

KjEno186

Disciple
Staff member
Jr. Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Ritual actions can be tactically useful, but they must be fueled by an intensity of emotion that is imperious and even pissed off. This doesn't necessarily end when the banishings are done. Spiritual warfare can be a long struggle in which you are a warrior and martyr at the same time.
The emotions you mention are courage and righteous indignation, the latter of which could even be expressed towards one's own past actions which brought about the ignoble situation to begin with, assuming one is exorcising personal demons that is. To exorcise another's demons one may need to avoid temptation. A demon strengthened by feeding upon the weakness of another may try to convince the exorcist that he/she "is different" and "can handle it," where IT is whatever bait that is offered to succumb to the influence of this demon.

I'd like to take a moment to point out that I'm not against demons and/or in favor of angels. Human moralizing aside, they are entities that are, how shall we say, doing their jobs. The problems exist within the time-space subjectivity of our existence where "suffering" is undesirable. Someone in my family became and alcoholic due to the pain he experienced on a regular basis. Over the counter pain killers combined with alcohol could ease his suffering for a period of time. However, he had more suffering in the longer term because of this addiction. Eventually he wound up spending several months in jail due to arrests from public drunkenness. It was only after he had months of being detoxed that he was able to beat the addiction. He still has pain, but it is actually less often and less intense now than when he drank regularly. I enjoy a drink now and then, but seeing what happened to a close family member helped me realize that, no, I could not 'handle it' if I let it go too far.