• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Exorcist and Exorcism

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
What do you think guys? Do the Exorcists perform Exorcism.

I recently, was looking at a video of this so-called Exorcist and I was wondering if these Exorcists do the work? I know that they be Having some strange experiences. Like the Lady who crawl on the walls. However, I don't think the ritual they be doing is accurate. What do you think?

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I think the Roman Catholic Church has set procedures and rituals for exorcisms, I don't think priests have much leeway for improvisation there. There's probably a handbook for it, no idea.

Baal

Bigus Dikus
Reaction score
Its actually really interesting if youre into demonology, exorcists have a lot of insight into the workings of demons and I recommend you listen to some of their experiences on youtube, even if its just for entertainment. But to answer your question I do believe the work they do is accurate as otherwise it wouldnt work and there are numerous success stories.

Dralex

Neophyte
Reaction score
It is a shady situation. Once Catholic Church are aware of all the occultism behind the "demons" allured in their concepts, once demons profile by the church are the same ancient gods and goddesses from the ancient cultures, I understand that the exorcism itself is based on compelling other entities which belong to a different egregore.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
In my observation there are various types of entity that interfere with human processes. Often they are implicitly invited by adverse actions/attitudes of the human.

Once a housemate asked me to deal with his case of possession. I went up several planes and each time failed to dislodge the entity.

I was amazed and when I asked inwardly I was told that he was deliberately negative and that the dislodged entity was immediately re-entering him.

The deliberate negativity was that he was living in a community when he knew he should not. He left the community a bit later

Diablo

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
In India there are tons of fraudulent so called 'exorcists' in rural areas. They use inhumane methods for exorcism such as beating the affected with a broom or whipping or forcing them to walk on burning coal. People have died due to such treatment. Even if someone has mental issues, the people in rural areas think they are possessed and make them undergo such rituals.
There are, however, tantrics who perform exorcisms. They never have to use force to deal with the spirit. On the contrary they negotiate with the spirits to convince them to go somewhere else.

Ziran

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
In general, folks are conjuring the spirits which are possessing them both for help and for harm. If someone is afflicted, even if they recieve assistance, they often find themself afflicted again if they do not make changes in their lifestyle, choices, and perspective. Because of this, the best results involve the individual who is needing help to learn how to help themself.

the Roman Catholic Church has set procedures and rituals for exorcisms,

... and a perscription for major lifestyle changes in order to prevent future invasive malignancies.

they negotiate with the spirits to convince them to go somewhere else.

... which is also teaching the individual how to serve an "eviction notice" if needed in the future.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
In India there are tons of fraudulent so called 'exorcists' in rural areas. They use inhumane methods for exorcism such as beating the affected with a broom or whipping or forcing them to walk on burning coal. People have died due to such treatment. Even if someone has mental issues, the people in rural areas think they are possessed and make them undergo such rituals.
There are, however, tantrics who perform exorcisms. They never have to use force to deal with the spirit. On the contrary they negotiate with the spirits to convince them to go somewhere else.
Are they---the tantrics--- generally successful? What do they use for relocation bait?
Post automatically merged:

I think the Roman Catholic Church has set procedures and rituals for exorcisms, I don't think priests have much leeway for improvisation there. There's probably a handbook for it, no idea.
The Rituala Romanum (Roman Rite) contains all the services a priest can perform. The volume contains the rite for exorcism. (Which can only be performed with the local bishop's permission.)

How did I get to be so smart? Could be my years as a Carthusian friar (between my time teaching violin at Julliard and my decade as a sergeant in the French Foreign Legion, but I digress...) OR it could be having watched both "The Exorcist" and "The Exorcist II".

Diablo

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
Are they---the tantrics--- generally successful? What do they use for relocation bait?
yeah. Generally they are successful. Relocation bait varies from tantric to tantric. It ranges from assisting the spirit in entering heaven (mukti) to sheer force to giving the spirit something it personally likes. It also depends on whether it is a human spirit or non-human entity.