• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Experience with the Zos-Kia

Bandaboy

Apprentice
Reaction score
At some point I read about Austin Osman Spares and his methods and at first I didn't quite find them interesting, though I was curious. Then I started doing enquiry, basically investigating the 'I' and I did get some insights about it.

I found that 'I' (kia) found pleasure in manifesting my beingness through form (zos) and I found that the form I was in consisted of four elements, this being my means of expression.

After some time, I got an experience of the neither-neither, that is I am neither the body, nor the 'I' and in this absolute emptiness, there is nothing there. Its a null point beyond zos and kia. Yet in Buddhism, some sects affirm that there is no I and there is no form, there is nothing. But my personal opinion is that there is form, there is I and there is neither-neither; these are all states of being and they gave me a much deeper appreciation of what magick is and how I can relate with it. I came to find that magick is the manifestation of our Kia in a non-local zos, that could be your elemental implements, or your honey jar, your wand and so forth.

But where many miss it is that for kia to manifest through zos, energy in zos is needed. Likewise, for our 'I' to manifest through our materials and ingredients, we need the enablement of energy, and the amount of energy will greatly determine the performance of our kia through that non-local zos.

Therefore, energy is an absolute necessity to enable our magical workings to produce fruit, even when we use the kia of another entity to do the work. Many have this sad ideology that they can draw endless amounts of energy from the universe or from the spirits themselves. I think we need to understand the needs of oue magical work if we seriously want to get somewhere.

I being a practicing gnostic, neither-neither is the natural state of our soul in and of itself, and it was the state of our universe before God deployed his kia upon that particular Zos we call the universe, using his own energy to manifest his will. Neither-neither aka self-denial for me is the state by which I can present myself to God as a zos through which his kia can find expression for his will, through his energy. That way, I can function like God at his expense, provided I follow the particular guidelines of his kia.

I equate Neither-neither as denial of self that gives a much greater access to God's kia. This is why we find many magicians choosing to become zos fields for their holy guardian angel to bless their magickal working and guide them, and yogis wanting to be embodiments of certain deities, performing the necessary rituals as desired by the kia of that deiy.