• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Help] Extreme feelings of warmth during MP

Someone's asking for help!

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Hello all,

Whenever I perform the Middle Pillar I start to feel very warm and almost uncomfortable.

Especially whenever I am at Yesod and Malkuth I start visibly sweating all over my body to the point of it making me want to stop but I usually push through.

Has anybody else experienced this?

Reaction score
Awards
Somewhat, but not to the degree you experience.
What I do notice is my knees buckle, and my legs lightly shake.

All I can think of is the influx of divine light combined with will, causes the light to descend downward, possibly generating too much energy.

Also, what elemental LRP are you using?
If fire or spirit, that would fit the bill.

Another possibility is your aura and body of light is coming together.

Another possibility ... I've noticed the more the name is vibrated by count, the more energy is generated. The lower the count of name vibrated is less intense.

Another possibility is if you're fasting, that can raise the body temperature.

Last edited:

Vandheer

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Lol, now you say it like that I also remember my first couple tries with Middle Pillar was uncomfortable, especially the thorat area. The urge to throw up was too strong.

I experienced warmth but it wasn't to a point of extreme uncomfort though.

Reaction score
Awards
Funny you say that Vandheer, I have trouble pulling the light down past the crown. I did try breathing in and out between vibrated names which was helpful. I have to force visualization of the light, which is slightly tiring at times.
Post automatically merged:

One trick I did find was visualizing the glyphs of the planetary spheres vs/for the light spheres at each area. Perhaps trying to mix in the IAO solar plexus sphere (per Savedow) threw me off as well.

Last edited:

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Lol, now you say it like that I also remember my first couple tries with Middle Pillar was uncomfortable, especially the thorat area. The urge to throw up was too strong.

I experienced warmth but it wasn't to a point of extreme uncomfort though.
I have been doing it for about a month though, and the higher spheres are always fine.

Vandheer

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
But of course everyone has different problems so a ritual like MP will come up with different sensations.

It is gonna subside if you keep your energy work practice. It screams of energy work for me.

Funny you say that Vandheer, I have trouble pulling the light down past the crown
Yeah I had that too mate. No matter how hard I would try I wouldn't fill up the sephira with as much light as I would fill Kether.

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
So @Lemongrass00 .... What is your Middle Pillar technique in detail, and can you feel the energy flow from Kether down to Malkuth?
Yeah, I don’t want to write it all out but it’s what Damien Echols recommends in High Magick except I don’t quite do quite all the circulation because I’m already sweating and buzzing pretty hard by the time I’m done.

Maybe when my body can handle it better or it starts to dull then I’ll move on to more advanced MP practices.

Reaction score
Awards
Yeah, I don’t want to write it all out but it’s what Damien Echols recommends in High Magick except I don’t quite do quite all the circulation because I’m already sweating and buzzing pretty hard by the time I’m done.

Maybe when my body can handle it better or it starts to dull then I’ll move on to more advanced MP practices.
Ah, I see. So you are successfully drawing the light down and visualization is okay.
So, what you're experiencing is circulating energy. Try contrasting bands formed until you resemble an atom.
Let me know if it increases or decreases the warmth.

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Ah, I see. So you are successfully drawing the light down and visualization is okay.
So, what you're experiencing is circulating energy. Try contrasting bands formed until you resemble an atom.
Let me know if it increases or decreases the warmth.
Visualizing is ok, the feeling is more impactful for me to feel and I can feel the centers and home in on that more than see their individual colors. This is just my perspective and I am also a beginner.

Reaction score
Awards
The atomic structure I mentioned is a long the lines of all of us made up by millions or billions of atoms within the human body, as within so without.
I felt a lot of energy and warmth visualizing that and trying to circulate the energh that way.
Regardie has a book called The Middle Pillar. I highly recommend reading it.