• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Family Meatloaf Recipe

Sabbatius

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
This has been handed down from my Great Grandmother to now my own daughters. Enjoy:

Meatloaf
2 eggs
3/4 cup of milk
1/2 cup fine dry bread crumbs
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
2 tbs. snipped parsley
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp. ground sage
1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
1/4 cup catsup
2 tbs. brown sugar
1 tsp. dry mustard

Combine eggs and milk; stir in crumbs, onion, parsley, salt, sage and 1/8 tsp pepper.
Add beef, mix well. Pat into a loaf or ring. Place in a shallow baking pan.
Bake in a 350 degree oven for 50 minutes.

For sauce: Combine catsup, sugar and mustard; spread over meat. Return to oven for 10 minutes.
Makes roughly 6 servings. If you need to double, Make separate Loaf and sauce mixture.

*Note-This makes a great base for adding anything you may like to add or even take away for a meat loaf. Play with it. I add more sage usually for my own tastes.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Nice, I should try this sometime.

I'm guessing catsup is ketchup? Or is there some specific niche ketchup precursor that you use?

And also is asian hot mustard podwer a substitute for "dry mustard" or by that do you mean mustard seeds?

Sabbatius

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Nice, I should try this sometime.

I'm guessing catsup is ketchup? Or is there some specific niche ketchup precursor that you use?

And also is asian hot mustard podwer a substitute for "dry mustard" or by that do you mean mustard seeds?
Ketchup/Catsup is the same. Just the Simple Dry Mustard Powder, like Colman's brand. If you need a substitute, go ahead and let me know how it goes. Always interested in how things work out for others!