• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

First Intentional Lucid Dream Experience

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Hello all, I am very excited to say I had my first intentional Lucid dream last night after about a week and a half of using the methods found in Beyond Dreaming by Gene Hart. I have had one or two previously on accident but this was the first time I had one as a result of intentionally using my will to become conscious in a dream.

The dream itself was going how most dreams go, fairly non-sensical but you feel that you are doing an important task and failing to realize certain absurdities. In the middle of this, my dream self looked at a piece of paper that someone next to me had written and I started intensely focusing on the words, noticing that they were hazy, slightly moving like a fog and I couldn't quite make it out. Instantly I realized I was in a dream and performed a number of reality checks to insure that I was indeed dreaming.

The next part was a little frightening, I closed my eyes in my dream and started focusing on how the world I was in was not real but was a dream, then I feel a massive rumbling as if an earth quake is happening, and I see bright flashes of lights and vivid colors swirling all around me and I start to feel a pull upwards, and start to feel getting detached from my body. This scared me so I stopped thinking about it and eventually the dream returned to how it was where I just went a long with the dream amused by how absurd everything was.

I want to comfortably try Lucid Dreaming a few more times before attempting to Astral Project, but I was very excited by this progress.

Reaction score
Awards
Hello all, I am very excited to say I had my first intentional Lucid dream last night after about a week and a half of using the methods found in Beyond Dreaming by Gene Hart. I have had one or two previously on accident but this was the first time I had one as a result of intentionally using my will to become conscious in a dream.

The dream itself was going how most dreams go, fairly non-sensical but you feel that you are doing an important task and failing to realize certain absurdities. In the middle of this, my dream self looked at a piece of paper that someone next to me had written and I started intensely focusing on the words, noticing that they were hazy, slightly moving like a fog and I couldn't quite make it out. Instantly I realized I was in a dream and performed a number of reality checks to insure that I was indeed dreaming.

The next part was a little frightening, I closed my eyes in my dream and started focusing on how the world I was in was not real but was a dream, then I feel a massive rumbling as if an earth quake is happening, and I see bright flashes of lights and vivid colors swirling all around me and I start to feel a pull upwards, and start to feel getting detached from my body. This scared me so I stopped thinking about it and eventually the dream returned to how it was where I just went a long with the dream amused by how absurd everything was.

I want to comfortably try Lucid Dreaming a few more times before attempting to Astral Project, but I was very excited by this progress.
Nicely done! Mastery of the dream state and choice to project or not.

Ancient

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Congrats! It’s such a cool experience once you get the hang of it and have decent dream recall to actually remember your successes.

I find the best thing is to pick a handful of ‘dream goals’, or things that you want to do/see/experience when lucid. Without these I tend to lose lucidity fairly quickly, as I’ll start flying or playing around and get distracted by all the wonderful nonsense.

Robert Bruce really does have good material. I found one of his earliest works a while ago called A Treatise On Astral Projection that was very helpful. I’ll see if I can track it down again for anyone interested.

Incognitus

Lead Transcriber
Reaction score
Awards
I'm a little jealous. I really want to learn this and astral projection. I have lucid dreamed before, but it was never by choice and I had little control (mostly because I don't think I knew what was happening at first).

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Congrats! It’s such a cool experience once you get the hang of it and have decent dream recall to actually remember your successes.

I find the best thing is to pick a handful of ‘dream goals’, or things that you want to do/see/experience when lucid. Without these I tend to lose lucidity fairly quickly, as I’ll start flying or playing around and get distracted by all the wonderful nonsense.

Robert Bruce really does have good material. I found one of his earliest works a while ago called A Treatise On Astral Projection that was very helpful. I’ll see if I can track it down again for anyone interested.
I am definitely interested and that is a good idea, I didn’t want to make my initial post too long but I did eventually lose lucidity when my next dream started.

Ancient

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Here’s a link to the book:
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

When I get home this evening I’ll start putting together a lucid dreaming guide for those of you who are new to it. It’s so much fun, and takes very little time out of your day to pursue, seeing as how the actual event goes on while you’re catching z’s.

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Here’s a link to the book:
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

When I get home this evening I’ll start putting together a lucid dreaming guide for those of you who are new to it. It’s so much fun, and takes very little time out of your day to pursue, seeing as how the actual event goes on while you’re catching z’s.
That would be fantastic, I am quite a newbie on the subject and have compiled a list of goals by your advisement. Any other help would be greatly appreciated :)

Bo Hanson

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards

Congratulation to you!