• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Book – PDF Frater U.D. - Models of Magic (article)

Share a PDF of a book.

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Just a short article I copypasta'd from sacred-texts.com which I think is extremely important and even moderately famous. It was written by Frater U.D. (Ralph Tegtmeier) in 1991 and proved seminal and groundbreaking - in chaos magic circles and for magicians with a theoretical bent that is, because as far as 'mainstream' occult authors are concerned, we're still oscillating between the Spirit, the Energy and the Psychological Models with all their limitations. The energy model in particular is has a tendency to give rise to various fallacies in occult thinking because we willy-nilly think of magical energy in terms of physical energy which e.g. is subject to thermodynamic laws the principles of which in no way apply to magic.

However, this is not the sub-section to go on a rant, I just wanted to describe what the article was all about, and Frater U.D. does a better job of explaining his ideas than I ever could anyway.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!