• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Freemasonry. Does it actually have anything to do with the occult or is that just a conspiracy?

Accipeveldare

Zealot
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
I have heard a lot of things about freemasonry from occultists and non-occultists alike. Non-occultists tend to tell me it is a secret political satanist group seeking to control the world. (I dont believe that in the slightest) and Occultists tend to tell me it's simply a community of high respect individuals working together with occultism to make the world better? I'm not exactly sure whats what though

IllusiveOwl

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Fun fact: the masons proper only go up to the 3rd degree. If you want to ascend to the 33rd degree, you need to join a "side order", which have their own order names. If you though masons proper were spooky, have a look at those.

I inquired into my local lodge and found the men there were... painfully average. It looked more like lonely guys eating, drinking, and hanging out together.

Xingtian

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
My overall impression from reading and talking to Masons is that the esoteric current is present for those who are interested, and there are side organizations where they meet, discuss, publish, etc., but your typical experience at the local Blue Lodge will be... kind of what IllusiveOwl said above. As far as Satanism, you're not going to find that anywhere. You will more likely encounter something along the lines of Rosicrucianism, Christian theosophy, alchemy, etc.

In terms of controlling the world, if that was ever the goal, it obviously isn't working. The one place where masonic lodges have real power is probably Italy, and it is very much a local thing, where a given lodge might have sway over a particular town.

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
scandal was probably the only instance where a Masonic conspiracy was actually proven (no Reptilians though).
Post automatically merged:

Only yesterday I came across an actual conspiracy claiming that a 5,000 year old Phoenician clan was behind every major world event (there was a lot about 'bloodlines' and 'agendas', of course). I wonder what's next? The Visigoths? The Chukchi?

Last edited:

Xingtian

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Italy's "Years of Lead" (which I think run roughly from the 60's to the 80's) were a crazy time, where there were lots of wild conspiracy theories and half of them turned out to be true, with agents of the KGB, CIA, mafia, Vatican, and masons infiltrating all kinds of organizations, sometimes the same organizations infiltrated by 3 or 4 factions.