• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Gender, sexuality and the occult

Fracula

Neophyte
Joined
Oct 11, 2025
Messages
11
Reaction score
17
I'm interested in what kinds of people are drawn to an occult forum in 2026. i know there's a blend of right and left politics and people from all over the world but more the personal stuff is what i mean. if you're comfortable sharing, what's your... sex/gender, orientation, religion you identify as, time spent practicing or studying the occult. i'll go first: cis-gender male, bi, pagan (i worship wolves), and, a year and a few months, i'm very new to all of this.
 

Amizodpalsdon

Neophyte
Joined
Aug 18, 2026
Messages
25
Reaction score
37
Awards
4
Nice to know 😉.

You can sus me out quite easily by checking out my responses, if you can be bothered (I wouldn't lol).

I'm not as open regarding these matters as I once was. Take care. Best wishes.
 
Joined
Aug 23, 2026
Messages
34
Reaction score
51
I'm not as open regarding these matters as I once was. Take care. Best wishes.
Amizodpalsdon makes a good point. the more people know about you the easier target you make. Since I belong to the demographic that is often held responsible for creating all the troubles in the world I am rather cautious what I say about myself. Suffice it to say that I’m old enough to understand why much of the current thinking in the world is wrong and smart enough not to talk about it.
 

Aeternus

Disciple
Joined
Mar 21, 2024
Messages
750
Reaction score
1,577
Awards
13
I'm interested in what kinds of people are drawn to an occult forum in 2026. i know there's a blend of right and left politics and people from all over the world but more the personal stuff is what i mean. if you're comfortable sharing, what's your... sex/gender, orientation, religion you identify as, time spent practicing or studying the occult. i'll go first: cis-gender male, bi, pagan (i worship wolves), and, a year and a few months, i'm very new to all of this.

Hello there! I think that a lot of people are still attracted to occult forums in 2026. In my opinion, politics, despite having some occult undertone as in what is happening at times... should not be neither the defining thing for a practitioner, neither something to make a huge deal one else we would drift from occult evolution to rather focusing on conspiracies but with a slightly more occult tone. That's my opinion though.

Back on topic... I don't think revealing information such as Gender, Orientation, and so on and so forth would be beneficial for me, or for others as the Internet has so many hackers and trolls, unfortunately, that would save such information and maliciously use it in the future.

However, only two things I will gladly reveal as they are not so hidden:

1. I am an Unitarian Universalist. I chose this path as I like its non discriminatory principles related to occult practices and energetically speaking, it helps me align better with the concept of studying and applying multiple practices, getting rid of any sense of guilt or stress for having looked at a grimmoire that is different from one tradition to another and so on and so forth... basically spiritual omnivorism at its best ;). I must add though that studying something also doesn't mean applying it like... I think it is pretty to understand that I won't apply something that is plastered with warnings of mental and physical dangers or has a history of the content to be cursed.

2. I study the occult for over 5 years. My interest in the occult began from quite a young age (12 years old) when I downloaded an app called Occult Library (and not only it lol) (not available anymore) and I began reading about the Pentagram, Ancient Egyptian Manuals and various other occult books on a lot of subjects (guess I can say that my spiritual omnivorism was quite from a young age for me).

That was all that needs to be revealed :).
 

Wintruz

Acolyte
Joined
Nov 4, 2023
Messages
476
Reaction score
1,987
Awards
16
  • Male

  • Bi

  • Sufism (vertical), Vampyrism (horizontal) with a very strong interest in Trika too but rapidly moving away from the idea of "systems" at all and just focusing on inner dispositions and outer skills without labels.

  • How are we defining "practicing or studying"? I was doing unstructured forms of magic as a child. If you mean conscious awareness that "there is a thing society calls the occult and I am engaging with it" then about 25 years.
 

Robert Ramsay

Apostle
Joined
Oct 1, 2023
Messages
1,798
Reaction score
4,245
Awards
13
Male, bi, atheist - maybe thirty-five plus years studying the occult. Turns out after a while I had been practising for most of my life :)

My work has been investigating a scientific explanation of magic; how our best theories can combine to explain what most people think is inexplicable :)
 
Top