• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

General discussion

Accipeveldare

Zealot
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
I have received a lot of warnings for being off topic even for the smallest things so I am just doing what I think all of us are thinking and creating a place where any topic applies. Don't get mad please SkullTraill. I just hate getting warned.

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
i seem to off topic often as well. talking with out a subject is strange. ever had freedom of speech been removed from you? they tried with me and then i typed my ass off. in the end they figured me out and tried to kill me. not that people believe you can be killed by occult means, but anyways.

so hows you @Accipeveldare ?

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Couple of things. Firstly, hating warnings but being incapable of following the rules is a fundamentally incompatible pair of habits. Most of the warnings I give out for off topic are not for things that are extremely vague, ambiguous and/or subjective. There’s 2 levels to being on topic.

One, when posting a new thread, it must go in the right section. Almost no one has a problem with this except really new members who haven’t yet explored the site. Two, when replying to a thread, you must stay true to the original topic and purpose of the thread. This one is where most people get upset. Again, imo it’s rarely because people think their reply is something others would consider on topic, but more that they really want to get an idea out. They can’t resist. They don’t do a double take to check if what they’ve just typed aligns with the thread title and OP content. They just see something someone else has posted, and desperately want to say something about that. They can’t resist. Ultimately it is a lack of self control. And I have no respect for that.

I’ve said this many times before, this entire site isn‘t a chat between a group of buddies over some beers. You can’t just interject, divert attention, explore tangents, etc like you would in a colloquial casual chat. This is a forum, with sections, and topics. Respect that. Especially because you have the ability to create as many threads as you want.

Secondly, as much as I try to make this site for everyone and serve the community… at the end of the day, it’s my site, with my rules, and yes, sometimes some of my biases, pet peeves, OCD, personality kinks might leak into the way I run things. Trust me, it’s a lot less for WF than it is for other forums. I will never allow off topic, unstructured discussion because I am - on some fundamental level - allergic to that.

If you want some unstructured, scatterbrained, colloquial discourse, then go on twitter. Make some friends and enjoy that in person. Or even better, make your own twitter clone for the occult. WF isn’t going to be that type of sanctuary.

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
maybe an idea to mention wf's discord, since there seem to be many who like a more open discussion with side trails about occult stuff. it has a general chat....

Pyrokar

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Don't take it personal for start.
But as a way to navigate what the site is meant to be like, you are a prolific poster not all of them are gonna be hits
it's a little iffy to get the direction but on the contrast we do get away with a lot here,
not even mentioning how weak of a move it is to make it public, bro owes us nothing.
you agreed to the terms and conditions, end of story.

what you actually needed was to start a journal and have one place for many subjects ezy pezy gg

Accipeveldare

Zealot
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Don't take it personal for start.
But as a way to navigate what the site is meant to be like, you are a prolific poster not all of them are gonna be hits
it's a little iffy to get the direction but on the contrast we do get away with a lot here,
not even mentioning how weak of a move it is to make it public, bro owes us nothing.
you agreed to the terms and conditions, end of story.

what you actually needed was to start a journal and have one place for many subjects ezy pezy gg
Thank you for this. This helps